Chapter 29

-Kim POV-

They didn't understand. I mean even if they tried to understand why I did what I did - it wouldn't matter.

It was the day after my parents had caught me doing drugs. They had told Matt about it so he wouldn't let Brielle come over because - well they think the worse of me now.

I was in my room packing up to leave for this whole rehabilitation center that's supposedly going to help. I don't see the point because I'm not a hardcore addict, I could stop and I actually have for the past day.

But no - my parents think I've been doing this since birth. The way they looked at me - I would never forget that. All the disappointment was too heavy for me and I felt like breaking down.

The reasons for starting with this whole drug thing was that - I know its selfish - I wanted an escape from everyone and everything. It wasn't just Hayes. It was all the sneaking around and hiding, it was my parents expecting me to perfect, it was the fact that I couldn't be myself around my family.

Hayes was the only place I felt truly at ease and I knew I could be the real Kim. I didn't have to hide. And that's why I fell for him. But this - our fight - was just the cherry on top of the deterioration cake.

"Can I come in?" I heard Finn's voice from the other side.

I took a deep breath and wiped my eyes to make sure I seemed like I hadn't been crying. "Sure!"

He opened the door slowly and walked in. I kept my eyes on my suitcase and packed all necessary clothing.

"I need to talk to you Kim." Finn said quietly. "Can you stop for a second?"

"If you're here to tell me about how wrong I was or how disappointing I am then save it - mom and dad covered that part." I said still not meeting his eyes.

Finn sighed. "Can you stop packing for a sec - "

"No." I snapped. "If I stop that means I have to think and if I think then...I just can't okay!"

Finn groaned and gripped my arm tightly. I looked up at him - he looked normal but a loving look in his eye made me want to cry. So I wrapped my arms around his waist.

"Its gonna be alright." Finn whispered and ran his hand over my hair. I just sobbed harder. "I'm here for you."

After a couple of minutes, we pulled apart and sat on my bed. I knew Finn was about to shout at me in the nicest way possible. So I listened and sat down.

"So I know you're leaving to this uhm centre tomorrow." Finn sighed with a hint of sadness in his brown eyes. "I wanna tell you what's gonna happen because mom and dad don't wanna deal with this."

I nodded.

"The entire families gonna take you tomorrow - you know as support and stuff like that." Finn explained. "Now we can't call you for the first seven days because its your detox time."

I frowned. God I wasn't even that addict but protesting right now would get nowhere. I just nodded in silence.

"I promise to call you all the time and visit as soon as we're allowed to." He held my hands tightly.

I nodded. "Is Hayes coming?" I had to ask because I needed him there even if we were arguing. I needed that.

Finn bit his lip. "Look, don't bring it up but Dad has a suspicion that you and Hayes have a thing and he made you do the drugs."

My mouth hung open in utter shock at what my dad thinks. The first part was true - of give him that but Hayes had no influence whatsoever on me doing drugs. None.