Chapter 14

-Finn POV-

Months have passed. It was already the end of September and not much has happened since then.

Candice and I have been officially back together and stayed that way since Brielle axed me from her life. But I can't say I'm totally happy - I miss Brielle and all the fun times we had. She got my humor. She got me.

But that's over.

Brielle and I could never work and I don't have a reason but I didn't need one. We weren't friend now - maybe that's enough reason. She hates me and doesn't stop trying to prove that.

Matt threatened me the other Sunday at lunch. If I ever hurt his baby girl again I wouldn't look like me anymore - scary I tell you. So I stay away.

And Candice. She's more involved in our family. Oh Kim hates it and so does Brielle but she's my girlfriend and they have to accept that.

"You all ready?" My dad asked as Kim walked down in a dark blue dress. She walked over and fixed my blue tie.

"All set." Mom said fixing Isabella's two ponytails. Logan had just combed his messy hair to the side.

This evening, it was Nash and Cassidy's engagement party. They decided to get married on the 1st of October which was three days before me and Kim's eighteenth birthday. Wickedly cool.

"I just can't wait for the wedding." Kim squealed. She was bridesmaid along with Brielle since Cassidy didn't have sisters or brothers. And I was a groomsmen along with Hayes.

Logan and Isabella are flower girl and ring bearer. Cassidy has a very small family but they were all attending just not very much involved. Cassidy told Kim and I that her family didn't want her to marry Nash in the first place.

"Can you imagine how beautiful its going to be." Kim twirled Isabella around as we stepped outside. "Can't wait for my wedding one day."

My dad shot her a look. "When you're fifty yeah."

Logan and I snorted.

Isabella giggled. "You'll be a grandma bride!"

"So hilarious dad." Kim rolled her eyes.

We all piled into the car and drove to the lovely hall nearby. Cassidy and Nash set up a huge banquet styled engagement party that was very upscale.

Upon reaching the venue, I could spot Brielle and Matt. I forced myself not to stare at Brielle who had her hair in a messy updo and a fitted lilac dress that showed off her legs.

"Watch the drool." Logan nudged me.

"What? No." I shook my head pretending not to stare.

Logan shrugged. "She's way more prettier than Candice. If you don't make a move maybe I should."

"You're like ten bro." I chuckled.

"Age is just a number." He retorted.

I laughed. "Jail is just a place."

I noticed Kim squirm and look away as I said that. I wonder why she's being so weird lately - well for the past month. I'd be sure to ask her.

We all got out and joined Matt and the rest of the guys all in tuxedos. I greeted everyone but Brielle who ignored me too. I kind of wanted to hold her and hug her and tell how sorry I am.

In reality - I was starting to regret the day I let her go without a fight.

"You clean up well man." Hayes said and bro hugged me.

He turned to Kim. "You look...stunning Kim."

Kim blushed. Which made me gag because she isn't a blusher - I know my sister. But she smiled and hugged him. Like a boyfriend and girlfriend type of hug like it was natural.

I looked away, giving them space but still wondering how my dad didn't see that Hayes had the hots for my sister.

I'm all for love and stuff. But Hayes is 24 and Kim is 17. I doubt they would work or get acceptance from my dad - maybe mom yeah but not dad.

-KIM POV-

The engagement party was beautiful and princess like. The inside of the hall looked like a castle with a grand staircase and rooms upstairs.

The colors were gold and red making me feel like I was in Gryffindor. But I loved it and I couldn't wait for their wedding day already. It was three days before my birthday and less than a week to go.

The party was in full swing. There were fairy lights along the ceiling, streamers hanging too. Lights shining. Music playing. It was beautiful.

Someone tapped me on my shoulder.

"Hayes." I smiled.

Since the kiss a few months ago, Hayes and I seemed closer than every. I thought it would be weird but it isn't. He took me to cheer practice every Sunday. He helped me study for math tests. He even helped me run lines for a dumb English play.

Best of all, Hayes quit his crazy habits like drugs and partying every night. He was insanely different and Nash would always tell me I'm the reason. I wouldn't admit it thought.

"Let's dance?" He asked and took my hand quickly leading me as a slow song played.

He pulled me close as we swayed towards the center where Nash and Cassidy were dancing. My body was against his as the music slowed - our body's swaying together at the same pace. And Hayes was a great dancer.

"You look beautiful." Hayes whispered against my neck. I felt his hand against my lower back.

"Thank you." I whispered back, twirling his hair in my finger. I didn't spot my parents near - if they were I didnt really care. I was tired of hiding.

Hayes chuckled. "Then again you always look perfect to me."

I laughed. "You give me too much credit."

"Give credit where credit is due." Hayes said pulling me close so I felt every inch of his body on mine. It drove me nuts.

I rested my head on his shoulder. This was a perfect moment. Every minute I've spend with Hayes - I realized how strong my feelings are. The chemistry between us is so undeniable. Regardless of the age gap.

"Your hearts racing." Hayes said after the pause.

I giggled. "I can't really dance so I'm just winging it. And I know I'm stepping on your toes."

"I'll teach you." Hayes said. "In time for the wedding."

"Can you even slow dance." I teased him.

Hayes suddenly dipped me low, my hair just touching the floor then he pulled me back up so our lips were almost touching.

"I'll show you." He smirked then spun me out of his arms into one of Cassidy's cousins.

I'd be lying if I said that Hayes and I haven't done anything after that kiss. Hayes and I had accidently kissed a few timed then promised to forget about it and be friends instead.

It was so hard to walk away from the rush that came with kissing Hayes. And even harder to admit I wasn't falling for him.