Chapter 34

-Kim POV-

The next few minutes passed in a blur where everyone gasped in shock at my news. My father lunged for Hayes immediately and started throwing violent punches.

Matt and Shawn tried to pry my dad off Hayes who was bleeding already and struggling for air. They managed to pull my dad away but he looked angry and red.

I helped Hayes up, my heart was aching for him. I wanted to protect him but what could I have done? I caused this very problem.

"I'm so sorry." I cried and whispered at the same time. Hayes had tears in his eyes too when he looked at me. I hope he wasn't angry.

"Get out!" My dad yelled suddenly making me jump. Hayes came to his senses and stood in front of me.

"Jack stop!" Hannah yelled.

My dad has never been this way before and it was scary. "Get the hell out of my house! Both of you!"

"Let's go please." I said to Hayes.

Hayes looked at me. His face was bruised and full of blood but he stood strong and proud. He gripped my hand and we walked out together.

I never looked back once.

-

I was curled up on the couch when Hayes had finished showering and cleaned up his cuts. He looked much better now. He walked over and sat down with me, pulling me towards him.

"You wanna talk about this?" I asked him, trailing my fingers along his chest.

Hayes nodded. "I think I'm in a good mindset to talk now...are you really pregnant?"

I stood up and lifted my shirt slowly so Hayes could see the slightest bump under there. "Two months, so its very small now."

"How do you know?" Hayes said staring at my belly in pure wonder.

"When I got to rehab, they test you for all kinds of things." I went on slowly to explain. "The tests showed that I was pregnant, at least two months which makes sense since we had did it about three months ago."

Hayes nodded, thinking it all over in his own head. "But you were doing drugs at the time Kim..."

I nodded. "I could have killed our baby but I stopped in time." My voice broke.

Hayes pulled me towards him. He was sitting down but he hugged my waist gently. I gripped his hair as I felt his tears fall on my stomach. He sobbed in silence.

"I'm so sorry Hayes." I said in a shrill voice. "I never wanted to put us in this situation!"

Hayes shook his head and still clung to me. He had never cried before. But this probably got to him more than anything. He held me the way you hold someone you never want to let go off.

After a couple minutes, we both were able to regain our composure. Hayes looked up at me with his blue glassy eyes that I loved.

"So...I'm gonna be a dad." Hayes grinned a little bit.

I nodded. "In a couple of months, you are gonna be a dad."

Hayes shook his head. "I can't believe you're pregnant Kim. I mean you're gonna have my baby."

I nodded and sat beside him on the couch. "It scared me at first, I didn't know what to do and when they offered an abortion - I couldn't do it."

Hayes frowned. "I wouldn't have wanted you to do that Kim. Not in a million years."

"How are we going to do this Hayes because my family hates both of us right now." I said resting my head on his shoulders.

Hayes moved slightly so that we were lying across the couch, tangling in each other. He held me so I couldn't fall off.

"I still have to get my 12th grade and get a job - "

"Hey." Hayes interrupted. "I have a job and I have a bunch of money saved up from magcon days."

"I can't let you do all the financial stuff Hayes." I shook my head. "Its so unfair."

"This is my baby." Hayes kissed my forehead. "And you're the love of life so theres no excuse. I'm gonna do all that I can to be there for you."

I nodded. "God, I'm so lucky to have you Hayes." I couldn't believe he would actual do all this for me.

Hayes smiled. "And you're gonna do your exams, and study or get a job whatever you want. But don't worry about money right now."

"What about my family?" I asked.

"I don't know." Hayes sighed. "We'll wait for this to blow over and then we'll do something."

"I think that's the best decision we can make now." I nodded and kissed his jawline softly.

Hayes slowly ran his hand through my hair. "I don't want you to worry about everything now, we have our baby to think of."

I nodded. "Our baby."

Hayes gazed down at me. "I'm gonna be father Kim! I can't even fathom that now."

I laughed. "Since when do you use the word fathom?"

"Since I'm gonna be a dad." Hayes chuckled and kissed my neck softly, tickling my skin.

I watched him continue talking in excitement over being a dad. I didn't know that Hayes would take this news so well. For one thing, we had only been dating for a while.

Maybe he knew that we would be together forever. Because that's how I felt. Knowing I had Hayes made me believe that I could do anything. I could do this.

We could do this. Even if half of my family resented us so much, I was an adult now and if I had to make my own decisions - then I would do just that. At some point, I have to grow up and do my thing.

"What are you thinking?" Hayes asked running his hand down my leg.

I sighed. "When I'm gonna get my stuff from next door."

"You don't have to do that right away baby." Hayes frowned. "Take as much time as you need...even if you change your mind and wanna head back to your parents."

"I won't change my mind." I said firmly. "They wouldn't even let me stay there anymore. You didn't see my fathers face."

"I've just realized that Jack Gilinsky will never accept us." Hayes said. "No matter what I do or how hard I try."

"And I've realized that I'm okay with it all." I smiled. "All I really need is you Hayes."