Chapter 32

-Kim POV-

The next morning I woke up. My heart clenched as I figured yesterday was a dream. I would wake up to the cruelty of the rehab center and Eric.

He scared me. If I didn't do whatever Eric told me or if I did something wrong then he would curse at me, spit on me, pull my hair, hit me, throw me against the wall.

And more.

My body ached at the thought of what he could do. Since I got to the rehab he had tried to undress me but I managed to scream my way out of that. The least he had done was give me hickeys.

I opened my eyes.

Relief flooded my body as I noticed the familiar wallpaper of Hayes bedroom. The smell of him on the sheets. I wrapped myself in them as the sun poured in.

I was so thankful for Hayes and my brother rescuing me yesterday. If they haven't, who knows what that freak would have done to me. It still scared me.

I turned over and noticed Hayes wasn't there. There was a note on his pillow. I opened it.

Nash had an emergency.
Be back in a few minutes.

P.S i hope you like brownies with breakfast (Mom made them but I helped)

I smiled and set the note down. I sat up and tied my hair in a bun and got out. My body still hurt but the thought of last made my heart feel warm and mushy.

I'd never seen Hayes - or anyone for that matter - be so sweet. He had done everything to make me feel better and it worked. It spoke oceans of love - the way he took care of me.

It had touched my heart in so many places. You just know when you're going to be with someone and at this point - I knew it would be Hayes.

I headed downstairs. Hayes had made the classic breakfast and set aside fresh OJ with his moms brownies that I love. I sat down and began eating when I heard the front door click.

"You're awake." Hayes walked in and out his car keys down.

"Hey." I smiled and took a sip of OJ.

Hayes sat down beside me and rubbed my thigh gently. I matched his small smile. He looked handsome in sweats and a shirt - his hair gently tousled. I loved to just stare at him.

"How you feeling today?" He asked taking a piece of my bacon.

I sighed. "I feel much better thanks to you. You were so sweet last night so thank you for that." I took his hand slowly.

Hayes smiled and moved closer. "I would do anything for you. You know that Kimberly."

I nodded.

"I'm so sorry for being a jerk." Hayes said. "I shouldn't have rushed you into this, I didn't think. And its all my fault they sent you to rehab."

I shook my head. "Hayes it wasn't your fault. Maybe our fight was a small apart of it but I didn't do it because of you."

"Why did you?" Hayes asked, his didn't look at me like I was a bad person or like the way my parents looked at me.

I swallowed. "I was tired of trying hard to make my parents proud. I knew they would never accept us and that got to me. I didn't want to go against them and be the rebel kid they made me out to be. Finn was always doing good and - "