Chapter 30

-Hayes POV-

"How much longer?" I tapped my foot in the passenger seat as Finn sped up towards the rehab center.

Finn rolled his eyes. "I can only drive this fast."

"Well drive faster." I smiled sweetly in sarcasm.

Finn scoffed. "I'm so glad you could potentially be my brother in law."

I actually laughed for the first time since the spat with Kim. But secretly I hoped or partly knew that we could be brothers in law. If I get out of this sticky situation.

But at this point my only concern was seeing Kim and letting her know how I feel. And how much I love her and care about her. Knowing she was in this place - well it broke me inside.

After half an hour, Finn rolled up to the place where Kim was in. It was a depressing place all round. Finn and I just looked at each other but didn't say much.

"I'm glad you're doing this." Finn said as he parked.

"Yeah?"

He nodded. "I know you love her and any guy would back out if something like this happened."

"She's everything to me, without her I'd be lost." I said simply and got out, Finn followed.

We spotted the security camera's planted along the gates.

"This place looks like Radley." I said and shivered.

Finn raised a brow. "How do you know about that?"

I shrugged. "You're - Kim makes me watch that okay."

"Right." Finn snorted.

We both couldn't go in because I know this wasn't visiting hours and I didn't want to worry about getting Finn into trouble.

"Look, you wait here." I said to Finn who nodded. "I'm gonna make this quick."

Finn agreed. "Hey! We could be like Batman and Robin."

"Yeah." I laughed as I jogged towards the gate. "Thanks a lot, Robin."

Finn shook his head. I chuckled and climbed over the gate with ease. I felt like I could do anything just because I knew I'd see Kim now. She gave me so much energy and hope.

The second I was over, a couple patrol officers on the other side of the garden spotted me and pointed. I waved and ran inside to the reception which was unattended.

I sat at the computer and typed in Kim's name at the patient lists. It showed me Room 76 and I spotted a building outline on the wall across the desk.

This was surprisingly easy.

I heard footsteps as I surveyed the directions quickly. I felt adrenalin rush through me as I raced down the walls and up several staircases. I passed workers who looked at me in a daze.

This place gave me the shivers as I reached the 70's landing. Kim was in walking distance and that washed away all fear I had. I just wanted to be with her now.

My heart exploded as I reached room 76. I used a key-card that I swiped from the receptionist desk and opened the room door as quickly as I could. Voices from the staircase made me slip in and shut the door instantly.

"Hayes?" I heard a despondent voice from behind me. My heart melted and I knew it was Kim.

I turned around slowly - abit scared of what I would say - and I found Kim getting off the bed. I rushed to her side and pulled her into my arms.