After math

I felt the feather light touch of lips on my own and the soft pleading whisper of someone with the voice of an angel.

'Mate...' I heard my wolf whisper.

I tried opening my eyes but they feel so heavy. I tried again and my eyes managed to open enough to see lyles face right above mine. The tears in his brown eyes broke my heart.

'I caused those tears....I'm a terrible mate' tears flowed down my eyes and I used a burst of strength I didn't know I still had and hugged him closely. He wrapped his arms around me and hugged just as closely.

"I'm so sorry. For all of this. I'm soo sorry my love, my life, my mate." I whispered.

"You scared me angel. So bad. I thought I was going to loose the only good thing in my life. I love you so much." He breathed into my shoulder.

I hugged him tighter and then pulled back. I stood up slowly and shakily. I looked around at the carnage. Bodies lay scattered everywhere in various forms of mutilations. Most wolves are laying dead and the others hurt critically. Blood and body parts scattered and splashed everywhere painting the ground crimson red.

I looked in the huge crowd of wolves, half of them all familiar. My old pack mates and other wolves from derricks 'pack'. I looked back behind me and saw my dad and Lyle staring at me sadly. I looked around and saw josh's and johns serious faces. Though wrapped tightly in Josh's arms are a crying girl maybe two years younger then me.

'His mate.' My wolf verified.

'I know' I smiled. Then I turned back around to face the huge crowd of derricks wolves and my wolves.

"Alright everyone! I'm going to make this fast. All of you enemy wolves are welcome here if you are willing to shed any control or ranks Derrick gave you and start fresh here. You must follow our rules and live with us as one. All who accept stay, those you wish to leave, get off my fucking land now." I hollered.

I watched as about 15 wolves shifted back and ran from the field. The rest stayed and looked at me for further instructions.

"Lyle! Contact infirmary and get all nurses and doctors there and ready to perform on everyone that needs it.

All guys! I want you to scour the entire battlefield and help anyone who is still alive! Follow anyone of our wolves to the infirmary and get these fighters, all of them, saved!

Women! Help the men and start dressing wounds and rounding up any pups that need be!

Alright lets go! Now! That's your first official orders!" I barked out giving everyone orders.

Everyone scattered and started finding people still clinging to life. Men started helping there brother and sister wolves and the field ever so slowly started clearing.

I felt a hand on my shoulder so I looked behind me and saw Lyle come up beside me.

"The infirmary is fully staffed with many volunteers ready to donate. The doctors are ready for the people." He stated.

"Good." I sighed. Then a searing pain flashed through my stomach. I gasped loudly.

"Angel!? baby what's wrong?" Lyle shouted worried.

I breathed in and out slowly and deeply. I laid my hand on my developing stomach and searched deep within me. I felt the life force inside me flaring brightly. I let out a breath of relief, my baby is alive and okay.

"Yes love, I'm okay." I smiled at him. "now let's get home and let dad take care of the people."

"Alright love." Lyle looked down at me and we started home.

I looked back at the war ground and at every bloody body and every happy smiling face. The fight is over and we won. but the war is not over. I am safe but Derrick is still alive..will my unborn child be safe in his or her future? For that I can only hope and dream for. But now I have my amazing mate and our pack and life to worry about and enjoy.

We walked hand in hand into the woods smiling at each other in peace and love. We both feeling the love of each other and that of our pack members and our new pack members.

__________________________

Here you guys all go!! This is the second to last chapter!

Up next is the epilogue. Then the book is good and done (: I love all you that have been reading and voting and supporting me.

Well till next and last chapter!

~Sammy

Not edited

Share

Vote

Comment!!