32. Sleepless nights

Sleepless Nights

Zayn: Resting your head sideways against the cushion clutched in your hand, the exposed skin of your lower back gained a chill, pressing against the hard surface of the chair. "M'sorry", you mumbled through tight lips, just loud enough for Zayn to hear from the stove top, "What for?" "Making you do this." Turning around, a crease folded across his brow bone, a slight pout evident on his lips as he bent to your level. "If I didn't want to, I wouldn't bother." Edging his delicate lips close enough to brush across the button of your nose, the subtle stubble lining his jaw line tickled against your drowsy facial features, "You're going to be dreaming of my famous warm milk when you try it." Idly smiling, you pouted your lips enough to connect swiftly with his, "Thank you." "Only cause' I love you."

Niall: "So what does it say?" Sitting cross legged vertically to him, his light eyes shone from the glow of the laptop rested on his lap. "Avoiding electronic devices?" Cocking his light eyebrows, Niall's tone raised an octave at the suggestion. "Nup", you snorted, "What else?" "Ugh", exhaling as his calloused thumb scrolled down the pad, his thick accent thickened as the pace of his words sped up, "Yoga, cold room, read a book, warm drink, count sheep, se-" Abruptly halting, an audacious grin immediately tipped the corners of his thin lips, accentuating the faint outline of hiding dimples. "What?" Ignoring your question, Niall's eyes remained fixated on the screen. Swatting at his foot that rested against your knee you caught his attention, provoking him to look up to you, the same cheeky expression plastered across his facial features. "Oh", he chuffed, light eyes shielding over with a flirtatious flare, "You know what my girl."

Harry: "Forty three sheep, forty four sheep." Hardly settling your fidgeting feet, his warm words continued to roll past his silky lips that brushed faintly across the skin of your upper shoulder blades. Keeping your eyelids clasped tightly shut like he persisted, you rolled around and blindly guiding your hands around the outline of his torso. "Don't think it's gonna' work babe", you hummed. "It will. Just don't open your eyes. Watching you with wide open eyes, his eyes scanned across the miniscule traits of your weary facial features as he continued to count. "Forty five sheep, forty six sheep, forty se-" Giving up, you fluttered your eyes open only to be greeted by Harry's mouth formed in a theatrical 'o' shape as a shrill gasp rung through your ear drums. "Great. Cause' of that you broke the sheep's legs" Dramatically rolling his emerald eyes, Harry pulled his hand from underneath your jaw line and shook his head side to side theatrically, "Broke the sheep's legs (y/n) and squashed his dreams from right under him."

Louis: Pacifying, rhythmic symphonies sounding from the iPod, Louis' head hung stiffly as he struggled to mimic the yoga position you held parallel to him. "I don't like this", he huffed, stiff frame struggling to ease further in the 'down-ward dog' pose and an obvious discomfort creasing between his eyebrows. "Just relax Lou", you hummed, "Give it a chance." Flannelette pajama's shielding his skin from the cool midnight air creeping under the closed window paneling, Louis refused to remain restless, his toes squirming and his fingers shuffling around the carpet. Closing your eyes, you could vision the furrowed creases becoming more prominent across his brow bone as a sordid groan sounded prior to a muffled string of words, "I could think of more fun ways to get ya' to sleep but nooo."

Liam: "Li. Pst. Pssst." Gently rocking Liam's torso, you heard a gravelly grumble as his bare shoulder jolted slightly. "Shit", cringing in regret, in the midst of the darkness you observed as his groggy eyes fluttered open, the white of his eyes slightly luminous, "I woke you up didn't I?" "Mmm." Once again you heard that same gravel toned grumble as he struggled to nod his heavy head in agreement. "Sorry." "Don't be." Rolling on his muscular shoulder, his arm lazily scooped around you, broad hand engulfing the width of your waist to coax you into his arms. Circling the pads of his fingertips across the hemline of your Pyjama bottoms, his temper breath tickled as his supple lips brushed across the surface of your nose, "What song tonight love?"