The Birth

Last bonus chapter till the epilogue!

The honeymoon was amazing, Jake and I went swimming, hiking, just relaxed, it was so fun. We also 'did the deed' as Julie said it. Our scents are mixed and that's how she could tell.

I came back to the house with Jake, and everyone was there for a welcome back. I gave everyone hugs, feeling exhausted from all the walking and sitting around at the honeymoon. It was still nice to see everyone here. Jake seemed happy to, he had a huge grin on his face, enjoying seeing his pack once more.

We had a pack dinner at the pack house. The room was close to full but still had room to push chairs out, and for kids to run around. We had a feast with some light chatter until the doctor stood up and rang up his cup with his spoon.

"Hello, everyone. Let's welcome home Jake and Rose from their romantic honeymoon!" The pack Doctor explains. There was a huge amount of applause, "So, I have some news for you. More likely for the Alpha and Luna. Do you want me to say it aloud or take you to a different room?" He asks.

"Is it important?" Jake asks. The doctor nods his head. "Private please." Jake says reading my mind.

The doctor, Jake and I walk to one of the guest rooms on the first floor. I started to get nervous, this must really be important.

"So, Luna Rose, I can smell a different scent on you. It isn't Jake's, either." The doctor explains.

Jake immediately starts growling. But he knows that no other werewolves have been touching me but him, because he was with me the whole time.

"It's not that Jake. I think Luna Rose might be pregnant." There was a huge moment of silence, my heart coming to a stop inside me. "I don't know for sure yet, but I would like to take some tests to get results. Is that okay?" The doctor asks.

I slowly nod my head. I look up from the floor to meet Jake's dark brown eyes. There is still shock and surprise evident in them.

"When should we take the tests?" The doctor asks.

"As soon as possible." Jake replies after a minute of reading my mind.

"I can get you guys in after dinner. That good?"

"That works, thank you." Jake replies and we go back to eating dinner.

Everyone ate dinner with light chatter going around. It was nice to be back with the pack.

After dinner, we followed the doctor to his office and they ran some tests on me. It took about an hour but then the doctor made his announcement. "Rose, good news, you're pregnant!" He says clapping his hands together.

My heart stops again, but this time it's with happiness. Jake grips my hand a little harder. We are both super happy I can see it in his mind.

Jake, stop thinking that! I say in his mind. Pictures of him and a possible child of ours pop up, but instead of it being nice, he is treating them like his dad treated him. Jake, you know that you aren't going to be like that. You will be a great father, no matter what. I explain to him.

I know, Rose. But what if, that's all I don't want to happen, the what if. I'm nervous of becoming a father. He explains in my head.

I nod my head. I'm nervous, too. You're not the only one.

Jake and I sit in silence in our bed, listening to each other's thoughts as I lay in his arms. Each wondering what the gender will be, what color the room should be, how we will parent, etc.

After a while we both fall asleep, still in each other's imaginations.

Two months later