18

Rose's P.O.V.

I wake up with an absence. There was something missing. I could feel it. The warmth missing, the heat of his touch not on my skin. Jake wasn't here. In fact, he wasn't even at the house.

I search around for any hint of him. I contacted Justin, the beta, but he had no clue where he was.

Jake! Where are you? I ask worriedly.

Sorry, baby girl. Had to go do some business. I'll be back soon. Love you. I get his reply as quick as I sent mine.

Love you too. Is all I can say. My fight is coming up soon, and I was hoping he would help me train.

Oh, love? Austin, one of our best fighters is coming by to give you some training. Sorry I couldn't be there.

Austin? I don't think I've met him yet.

There is a knock at the door and I walk carefully to it, not making a sound. Even if it's Austin is at the door at the moment, I wouldn't know.

I open it slowly. "Rose?" A very low voice asks.

I knock on the door so they know I'm there. "Rose, it's Austin. Don't be scared, just let me in." His voice gets softer, like if he used his low voice he would break me like fine China.

I open the door and let him in. He is tall with pitch black hair and it reminds me of my sister, Violet for some reason. Where did she go anyway?

Austin comes in and leads me to the kitchen. He makes a protein shake thing with a weird kitchen appliance he calls a 'blender'.

I'm told to drink it so I gulp it down with three sips. He claps his hands together and I follow him to the big backyard.

"Okay, so let's work on your fighting skills!" He says.

We begin with the basics, coordination.