3

After we got settled in, I ended up falling asleep in the king bed. My dream was actually pretty weird. I was with Jake and we were having dinner in the little kitchen of this house. Then the smell of rogues filled my nose and Jake transformed then they started attacking. As Jake was fighting off the rogues, Zack came and kidnapped me. I thankfully woke up before he did anything bad.

Could my dream have meant something? Is that actually going to happen? Thoughts ran through my head.

The bed shifted as Jake sat down. "Hey, you're awake." He said happily.

I smile at him and pat the spot next to me on the bed. He looked tired and needs some sleep.

When he doesn't lay down I grab his head and pull it down. I put it on my lap and he makes himself comfortable.

We lay there and I run my hands through his incredibly, soft hair. My wolf is purring and so is Jake's. His breathing steadies and he is fast asleep. I decide to go back to sleep also since I had a bad dream.

I wake up to the fresh smell of pancakes. My favorite. I get out of the bed and run to the kitchen. There was a huge stack of pancakes and maple syrup. I lick my lips and hear my belly growl.

"Someone must be hungry, I heard your stomach growl from here." He jokes and sits down.

I smile sheepishly and join him. Even though I haven't eaten a proper food in so long, I need to gain my weight back. I have loved pancakes ever since I could actually eat them. Let me just say, these pancakes were SO good. They are as close as I remember to my mom's pancakes, at least I think. I'm so hungry I can't even tell if it's good.

After about ten minutes of eating, Jake gives me a worried look. "Are you okay? With the way your stomach growled I would've assumed you would eat like twenty pancakes. You have barely eaten half of one." Jake explains.

I shrug. I haven't ate food in so long, my stomach is full. I'll have to work up my appetite.

Jake leads me to the bathroom when we are finished and let's me take a shower. It's been so long since I've had a real shower, this feels amazing. I take extra long in the shower playing with the water.

I get out of the shower and change into some of the sweats that were placed for me. I go downstairs and see that Jake left a note for me.

Hey Sweetheart,
Sorry I'm not here at the moment. I'll be back as soon as possible, alpha duties. I'll try and make it back before 3:30. Have a good time while I'm gone.
-Jake

He was gonna be gone for a while. I go and check the time, it's 2:30. Maybe I can go to the lake. Maybe even check out my wolf, Gray. She hasn't been out in a while.

I walk outside to the path leading to the lake after writing Jake a note saying I would be at the pond. I am met by the sand under my feet and I look around.

I see no one but just to be sure I sniff the air looking for any unfamiliar scents. There was none so I go behind a tree by the lake and undress. I leave my clothes in a pile on the floor and imagine myself as a wolf like my mom had taught me. After a few seconds I hear the cracking of the bones changing.

I am soon on all fours and it is hard to move. I haven't been in wolf for so long. It was hard getting used to the mechanics again.

I prod over to the pond and look at my reflection in the clear water.
My wolf is all grey with red ears and paws. The tip of my tail also has red fur.
In other words, my wolf is the opposite coloring of Jake.

My wolf is very small. She also looks very weak. I might need to work with her. I soon get a voice in my head.

Hey Rosie, I'm Gray. We used to talk a lot when you were younger. My wolf says reassuring I know it's her.

I remember Gray. How could I forget you? I say to my old best friend.

Can we go for a run? I need to stretch. She asks.

Sure thing. Take over. I say and soon enough my mind is being taken over and Gray is in control.