11

Third Person P.O.V.

Rose walks over to the door and is visibly surprised by who answers. A boy, a lot taller then Rose herself, brown-black hair and a beta build.

"Who are you?" Jake asks with his teeth clenched. His hands are balled into fists and he looks ready to attack.

"Harley?" Violet asks from the couch.

"Hey Rose. Hey Violet." He greets both.

"Again, who are you?" Jake asks.

"I'm Harley." He replies smoothly.

"Yeah I got that. Why are you here?" Jake asks anger evident in his voice.

"I'm here to see my sister and possibly take her home." Harley sneers.

You could already see how much hate lays in their eyes for each other.

"Who are you?" Harley asks Jake.

"I'm your sister's mate. My name is Jake and I'm alpha of the Red Moon pack." Jake states, proud of his accomplishments.

"Rose! You found your mate! That's so great." Harley says. Rose nods and her eyes fill with love. "Why aren't you talking?" He asks her.

"Well, Rose is mute. She hasn't talked since the attack." Violet explains to Harley.

Anger flashes through Harley's eyes. "Is it true, Rose?" Harley asks. She only nods.

There was a moment of silence as all of them didn't know what to say.

"Can we go to ice cream?" The young Violet asks. Rose's eyes light up and she starts pleading Jake with her eyes.

"Fine. Let me get my sister first. She says she wants to spend some time with you, Rose." Jake replies and his eyes glaze over.

They walk over to the pack house and Harley's mood changes and he starts acting weird.

He is skipping around and snapping his head in every direction.

"There she is." Jake announces.

Walking over is a tall girl. She is built with muscle, but still has her slim body. Her blonde hair cascading down her back and her green eyes set on Harley.

"My mate." Harley growls.

The girl looks over everyone and has a indifferent look on her face.

There is only one time when your heart can truly be broken by your mate. When they reject you. They audibly announce they reject you as a mate and the other is heartbroken with nothing else to do.

Jake's mind travels as he figures possibilities. What if she rejects him? Rose would be so mad.

"Hi. What's your name?" Harley asks.

A smile appears on Jake's sister's face. Her eyes glaze over and she isn't responding.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Harley, can I call you Lizzy?" He asks her. She nods her head and walks over grabbing his hand.

Jake goes into shock. He stands there while Rose tries to edge him forward.

Rose's P.O.V.

I can't seem to move Jake. He is frozen and shocked. I try to ask him in his mind but he blocks me out.

Hey, you must be Rose, Jake has told me so much about you. I'm Elizabeth but you can call me Liz or Lizzy. Jake's sister says without even looking at me.

How is she doing that? I tap on her shoulder and she looks back at me. I ask her in sign language how she talked to me.

It's called mindlink. Think of what you are going to say then to the person you are saying it to. Lizzy says to me.

Are you mute? I ask hoping it works.

Yes. Are you? She asks.

I nod my head but realize she can't see me so I reply with yes.

Finally, I'm not alone. We are going to be great friends.

And with that we are off to get ice cream!