30

"Did poor Rosie get neglected? Did she run away, again?" An all too familiar voice asks.

I slowly turn around, still in wolf form. The devil himself is standing there. Mr. Ryan Fuller. Who could've guessed?

What the hell do you want? I ask glaring at him. I really wasn't in the mood for his crap right now.

"Woah, little Rose is bringing out the big guns. Her words are wounding." He said with mock hurt. "Look, princess, your prince made it obvious he doesn't want you anymore. Come join me, be my mate. We could rule the world together." He encourages. To be honest ruling the world sounded fun at the moment, just not with him.

You set Jake up didn't you? You did something, what did you do, Ryan? I ask taking slow steps towards him.

"Princess, I didn't do anything. You put this all on yourself." He explained.

I wonder what he meant by that?

I tried getting into Jake's mind now. It was open. I looked through his memory during the fight. He saw me when I went to go save Jack, but he saw a different picture. He saw the rouge and I fighting, but he didn't see that I won.

He thinks I'm dead?

Jake? I plead for him to answer me. Jake, please answer me. I'm not gone. I say through his head.

Rose, is that you? You're alive? He asks, his voice filled with hope.

Yes, Jake. I'm alive, I never died. Please come help me, I can't take on Ryan alone. I explain.

Ryan? Why are you with Ryan? Never-mind that, where are you? Jake asks.

I tell him where I am then look at Ryan. He has gotten a lot closer since I last looked at him. I changed back into my human self and threw one of Jake's shirts on that I always had with me.

I took a small step back and glared at him. He just smirked in response and took a bigger step towards me.

We played that little game for a while. Me taking a step and glaring so bad that, if looks could kill, he would be six feet under; then him stepping forward, closing the gap between us, and growing a smirk bigger then I've ever seen before.

When my back hit the tree, I just couldn't help think this was the end. He step toward me and our bodies were an inch apart. I made a plan in my head and when he took the next step forward it went into action.

I kicked my leg up, not caring where it hit. All I heard was Ryan gasp in pain and back away. I ran. I ran away and heard footsteps following. They were screaming for me to stop running, but I couldn't. The adrenaline was pulsing through my veins, fear evident. I ran through the trees, not stopping to look back, scared that if I did, Ryan would catch me.

When the forest came to a stop and there was a small clearing, I slowed my pace. I stopped in the middle of a meadow. Breathing hard, I put my hands over my head. I looked from where I entered and just stared at it, thinking something would pop out any moment.

I heard rusting through the leaves and became high on alert. A talk figure was seen through the shadows of the trees. I slowly backed away.

"Rose! Holy crap you can run fast." Jake's voice sounded then his body came out from the trees. He was breathing heavily and his hair was windswept.

I'm so sorry, Jake. I didn't realize you were the one chasing me. I exclaim then run to him.

He held his arms out and I jump in them. He hold me close to him, tightly.

"Dang, Rose. I thought I had lost you forever. Please don't ever run out into a rouge attack like that again." He says wanting me to promise.

I promise, Jake. I nuzzle my head into his neck and he walks into the meadow.

The meadow was filled with Rose's and Violets. It was quiet beautiful.

Jake set me down in the flowers then laid down next to me. He grabbed my hand and squeezed it reassuringly.

As we sit there, and I breath in the sent, I get a flash back.

*flashback*

Violet and I ran through the forest playing tag. Harley not far behind us. Our parents were walking down the pathway following us but not running with us.

"You'll never catch me!" I yell to Violet.

"I will my dear sister." She yells back. Soon we are tumbling in the meadow after we both tripped on Harley's foot.

I let my breathing steady as I look up to the sky, the blue sky and white clouds there so peacefully.

Violet lays next to me and lays her head on my stomach. Harley lays his head next to me, and we all sit and wait for our parents to meet us.

"You know girls, this is where I first found out your mother was my mate." My father explains. "I was running in the woods and I smelled this amazing scent of violets and roses. I followed it and found this beautiful woman standing there with roses and violets in her hair. It was love at first sight." Dad explained looking at mom lovingly.

"Girls, that is where we got your names. That was such a beautiful moment that we couldn't let it go to waste. Violet and Rose, you were both named off of the flowers in this meadow. Just know, this will be our meadow, with our memories. Favor them." Mom said and gave all of us kids a kiss on the forehead.

*end of flashback*

I open my eyes and feel tears strolling down my face.

"Rose! What's wrong?" Jake asked.

I just had a flashback with my parents in it. It was when they explained how they met and where we got our names from. It was the day they passed.

Jake swooped me up in his arms. He sat me on his lap and I dug my face into his shirt. I let all the tears flow and just sat in Jake's arms as he comforted me.

Not long of crying in Jake's arms, I fell into a peaceful sleep, dreaming about my family and the love of my life, Jake.