12

Rose's P.O.V.

Ice cream was so fun. I don't think that much fun has been given to me since I was little. We went to a little ice cream shop on the corner of Main.

We entered and the bell rang and the fresh smell of ice cream came over me along with a breeze of coldness. We walked up to the counter and there was a HUGE variety of ice cream.

I looked through every single color and type of ice cream. I ended up picking this orange one that was supposedly called 'sherbet'. It was a creamy orange tasting ice cream and it was delicious.

Now, all of us are sitting at a five person booth and eating our ice cream happily.

Out of no where Violet gasps. "Hey! You're gonna pay!" She yells and you can see the ice cream dripping from her face. It was brownie fudge so Harley must've threw some at her.

Next thing you know there is ice cream flying back and forth between the two.

"Hey! Do you think that it's okay to be making this mess in my shop? Get out now!" The shop parlor yells at us.

We all grab our ice cream and scurry out.

Harley and Lizzy look like they are having a good time together. Harley has this goofy smile on his face, and Lizzy is silently laughing at whatever he just joked about.

Jake scoops me up on his lap as we sit under an oak tree. I'm still devouring my ice cream trying to avoid brain freezes while Jake looks in my eyes intensely.

Once my ice cream is completely gone I look back at Jake with that same intensity. My stomach started to hurt. Not when you feel like you're going to throw up or anything, but it burns.

I make a weird face holding my stomach. "Rose! What's wrong baby girl?" Jake asks caressing my cheek.

The pain is too much and all I can do is point to my stomach.

"Lizzy do you know what's wrong with her?" Jake asks worried and in desperate need of help.

Her eyes glaze over and she is talking to Jake.

"SHE'S IN HEAT?!" He yells out and automatically picks me up and starts running.

I just cry into his chest. This pain is horrible. But every time Jake touches me it heals a little bit. He has tear brimmed eyes. I'm not sure why yet though.

"It's okay Rose. I'm going to fix the pain. I promise." I hear Jake say as he is still running.