A Call

Thanks for 800+ reads, guys! ^^ Almost to 1K :)
[Technically this isn't an early release since I posted this on the corresponding time.. Butttt eh.. >~<"]

[Mashiro's POV]
I sit up from my bed, after shutting off my alarm.
'What did I just do!?'
I recall the memory from yesterday.. "GAHH!!"

[Yukimura's POV]
I couldn't get a wink of sleep last night.. The scene kept replaying over and over in my head..
'What do I do!? We're gonna see each other today!!'
I mess up my hair in frustration.

[Mashiro's POV]
I take a deep breath as I stand outside my class. I slide the door open and take my seat. Ojiisan and I make eye contact and I try my best to casually wave.
Lunch comes and I walk up to Ojiisan. "Um.. Lunch?", I awkwardly ask. "Y-yea..", he avoids eye contact.
We go out to the courtyard with out lunch. We awkwardly take a seat on the grass with the guys.
A few minutes later, we see Akito and Mimi walking up to us with their lunch. "Hey, guys. What did we kiss?", Akito takes a seat next to me. "HUH?!", Ojiisan and I say. "I said.. 'What did I miss'..?", Akito confusingly repeats. "Oh,, ah.. N-nothing", I awkwardly say. "Okay.. You guys look cramped. Why don't you smooch over?", Daisuke tells us. "EH!?", Ojiisan and I repeat again. "I said.. 'Why don't you scooch over'.?..", Daisuke raises a confused eyebrow. "You guys are acting super weird.. And I haven't seen you guys make any eye contact with each other", Kazu says as he takes a bite of his bread. "Did you guys have a fight?", Mako asks. "Heheh~ Maybe they had their first kiss~ haha, I'm joking", Keita jokingly says. Although it was a joke, we couldn't help but freeze up and go bright red, as we remember the scene. Daisuke chokes. "Seriously!? You did!?", he asks as he recovers. The whole group erupts. "Tell us what happened!? When!? Where!?", questions were then thrown at us. "Let me take a guess~ because Daisuke mentioned how you guys never kissed, you guys actually did it after school", Mimi hits the bullseye. "Quite bold~, Yukumura", Aki smirks. Mimi sighs. "This must be official~ I'll give up on you Shibaski-kun~", Mimi says. "Guess I'll give Mashiro to you, Yukimura. But if you guys break up, I'll snatch her right away~", Aki winks. "Heheh~! You can thank me for your first kiss", Daisuke proudly says. I chuckle. "Hm? Why you laughing?", Ojiisan asks. "..then Daisuke should thank me for his kiss with Hikaru.. Last year on Christmas", I chuckle. Daisuke goes red. "Why did you bring it upppppp!?", he whines.
(Refer to Chp. 24; 'Christmas')
The day goes by and Ojiisan and I have gone back to normal. We head over to the gym for practice. "Okay, let's have a few practice games. Yukimura and Kazu are with me", Hikaru says. "Then Mashiro and Mako will be with me", Daisuke adds. "Let's have a small game, first to 30. Everyone else, do warm ups and establish your own teams", Hikaru instructs and everyone gets moving. "I'll meet you on the court, have to grab my water bottle", I tell them and head to my bag on the bleachers. As I take my water bottle, I hear my phone ringing in my bag. I check my phone and see an unfamiliar number.
"Hello?", I pick up the call.
"Excuse me. Is this Kougami, Mashiro?", a lady replies.
"Yes, who is this?", I ask.
"This is Fujan Medical Emergency Hospital. I believe your mother, Kougami, Sakura, has been submitted into the hospital under critical condition. You were under their emergency contact. Mr. Kougami, Koro said that you will be providing the medical fees?", the lady says.
'..she's in a hospital.. And they only call me for money? Tch..'
"I'm sorry. You must have the wrong Mashiro.. I don't have any parents..", I coldly say.
"Eh? Oh, I'm sorry. I will double check once more. Sorry for bothering. Thank you", the lady hangs up.
'Tch.. Money is all they wanted.. Sakura is in critical condition? Tch..', I grip my phone tightly.
"Hey, Mashiro! Anything wrong?", Kazu yells over to me. "..No! ..coming!", I call out, putting my phone away.

[Koro's (Mashiro's father) POV]
>Meanwhile...<
"Excuse me, sir. Are you sure this is the phone number?", the lady clerk asks me. "Yes. Is there a problem?", I ask. "In a way.. The person who picked up the phone said she has no parents. Although they have the same name..", she tells me.
'Tch.. What is the bastard saying'
"..Heheh.. I may have gotten the number wrong.. May I go bring the.. Emergency contact here?", I play it off. "Yes.. But if you do not come back within 3 days, we must discharge your wife", she warns. "Yes.. Please take care of her for now", I leave the hospital.
'Fine.. You won't come.. I'll bring you here myself'
I turn on my phone and go online.
*ba-ding*
"You have successfully bought a train ticket from Kyoto to Tokyo", my phone says.
I head over to the train station.
*
I board the train and take out my phone. I call Nani and Koga (Yukimura's parents).
...
...
"Hello?", Nani answers.
"Nani.. It's Koro. I'm on my way to your place.. What's Mashiro's number?".

[Mashiro's POV]
We finish up practice and I begin to walk home with Ojiisan. He waits outside as I go get my bag. I open my bag to put my jacket away when I see my phone. I turn it on and see 6 missed calls from an unknown number.
'...'
"Yo~ you done?", Ojiisan calls out.
"Uh.. Yea. Let's go", I run out to meet up with him.
As we walk home, I stay quiet.  "Hey.. You okay?", he asks.  "Uh.. In a way.. Just tired", I lie. "Liarrrrrrr~~", he teases. "We passed your house minutes ago. You're not even paying attention, we're at my house now".
I look up and see Ojiisan's house.  "Well, if you're here. Just stay for dinner, I'll ask you about your problem later".
He opens the door, and I take off my shoes. "Sorry for the intrusion", I mumble.
I see Nani-san run towards us. "Ah? Mashiro?", she looks at me with a worried face. "Um.. Sorry for coming unannounced", I bow. "I-It's fine.. But I don't think it's the right ti--", she begins but a voice cuts her off. "We need to talk", a familiar voice rings out.
I see Koro standing behind Nani-san.
Ojiisan grips my hand, as it balls into fists.

(Hoped you enjoyed this short chapter :T Give it a vote if u enjoyed it~ a comment if you hated it or loved it ^^)