Out for Gifts

[Mashiro's POV]
I wake up from the glare of the sunlight in my eyes.
'What was I suppose to do again?'
I check the clock hanging on my wall, 10:15am.
I then remembered that I had to go out with Yukimura today.
I slowly get up from bed and unlock my phone. I'm greeted with a message from yesterday, when I fell asleep.
'Don't over sleep b****-chan! I know you're a pig, but you gotta shape up'
After reading the message, I feel rage marks growing on my face 💢💢.
I hurry up and take a quick rinse in the shower and brush my hair. I open up my closet, and I dress in some dark Jean shorts (not that short), I leave my pastel blue tank top on from what I slept in, and I wear an unbuttoned black and white plaid flannel.
I go downstairs and check the fridge.
'Ah~ I need to buy groceries today..'
Taking my non-school backpack (A plain red Jansport backpack), I shove some money in there, and leave to SS Park by 10:45.
By the time I get there, it is 10:55. I see Yukimura with a black V-Neck Tee, dark blue jeans, and a red, unzipped jacket.
Normally people greet others with a 'hello' or 'hi!'. But, still pissed from his text, I walk over with a murderous smile and I punch him on the head.
"Ow!! Why you do that!?", he yells.
"I saw your text this morning, that's why!"
"Pshh.. Whatever..", he mumbles.
"So what's this 'gift'?", I ask, getting straight to the point.
"Oh right. It's my Nii-san's birthday on Tuesday.. And I don't have anything to give him, and I don't know what he likes"
"Then why you ask me? I don't know Yasuko", I say.
"Well~ 2 heads is better than 1! And, Yasuko is turning 19.. And I don't know what interests people in that age."
"Hm? Oh yea.. He's 18 currently.. Shouldn't he be a 4th year?", I realize.
"Yea.. Each year is split up so we don't see him at school, anyways~ let's gooooo b****-chan. We already woke up anyways.", he says as he pushes me to walk.
---We end up walking to KP Square. It's a shopping district for food, clothes, groceries, and etc. Like a gigantic all in one mall I guess you can say. "So.. What does your brother have in his room?", I ask.
"Hm.. I think I saw a poster with all sorts of game systems but he already has an Xbox, which he finds fun already.., oh! That reminds me! You're invited to his birthday party on Tuesday, but Yasuko wants to tell you personally at school", he says.
"Oh.. Guess I'll buy him a gift too I guess.."
We walk into a game store, based on what Yukimura found around Yasuko's room.
"He has all of these games already..", Yukimura says.
We walk out, and ended up wandering around. A super perky lady in a ponytail comes up and says, "why! Aren't you 2 a scary but cute looking couple! Why not join our couple game!? Grand prize is a 5 ticket hot spring trip that you can use anytime! With no expiration date~!"
Yukimura and I were basically choking.
"C-couple!? Did she just say that b****-chan?!?", Yukimura mutters out.
"I think Ima be sick Ojiisan.."
When I'm about to say no, she forcefully drags us up to a small stage, where we see 2 other couples.
When I'm about to walk down from the stage, the perky lady (which I guess is the host) grabs me from running away.
"NOW WE HAVE OUR 3RD CONTESTANTS! THANK YOU FOR VOLUNTEERING! NOW WHAT ARE YOUR NAMES?", the hosts shouts in a cheerful tone.
'Volunteer!? Wtf.. You dragged us here!'
"Ojiisan.. I want to rip her guts out", I say.
"I actually feel the same way B****-chan.."
"WOOOO! SO THEIR NAMES ARE OJIISAN AND B****-CHAN! OK! LETS START!", she says in an annoying tone.
Everyone looks confused from our 'names'.
I face palmed so hard, my hand print stayed for a bit.
"SO! ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS I GIVE YOU ABOUT YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER, AND YOUR GOAL IS TO MATCH YOUR ANSWERS! SO! THERE WILL BE 10 QUESTIONS. AND THE MALES HAVE TO GUESS THE ANSWER OF THE FEMALES! LETS BEGIN!"
We were given white boards and dry erase markers. We give each other the glance of 'Her voice is killing me'.
"Okay! 1st question! What is your girlfriend's favorite color?", the perky host asks.

[Yukimura's POV]
I see Mashiro write something and I quickly write my answer.
"OK! Now! Lets start with couple #1!"
Couples 1 and 2 got a point for getting the same answers. Now it was our turn.
"OK! Couple #3! FLIP!"
We both flip and I look at Mashiro's, 'Sh*t color'.
She looks at mines and has a murderous glare.
"A**hole", she repeats my answer. "Ima fken gonna kill you!", she threatens.
"Look at your answer! Freakin crap!?", I retort.
"Um.. OKAY! NO POINT FOR COUPLE #3!"
The hosts continues, but the audience has a mortified face from our answers.
The questions go on and on 'til we are finished with number 9.
"OK! BEFORE WE MOVE ON, LETS CHECK ON THE POINTS! COUPLE #1 HAS 8 POINTS! COUPLE #2 HAS 7 POINTS! COUPLE #3 SADLY HAS 0 POINTS."
"Ok! Last question! What is your girlfriends FAVORITE food!?", the hosts announces.
*scribble*
Couples #1 and #2 got a point.
"Okay! Couple #3! Flip!"
I look at Mashiro's and it said, "F**k"
Mashiro looks at mine and snaps her board in half from rage 💢.
'Sh*t and crap..'
She repeats my answer and punches me on the head with her fist.
"Owwww!! Fck!", I yell.
"Um.. OKAY! Couple #1 DID win.. But we are gonna have the audience choose! Winner takes all! Please go to the billboards and put a sticker that we will give you on the couple that was the best!"
As the audience goes to the billboards to vote, we were told to stay.
"Fcken sh*t and crap are my favorite kinds of food!?", Mashiro says with annoyance.
"Pfft! Isn't it!?", I taunt.
She starts to throw her fist against my head but I catch it with 3 inches to spare.
"Ha! Not gonna work!", I say proudly.
"Heh.", she chuckles.
With that, she sweeps down and kicks my legs, causing me to lose balance and fall.
"Hah! I'm still #1 street fighter! Sorry Mr. 2nd Rank.", she gloats.
"DING DING DING! THE VOTES ARE IN!"
The hosts starts once again as I start to stand up.
"The winner is...... COUPLE #3, B****-CHAN AND OJIISAN!!"
We stand there in shock.
"THEY HAVE WON THE AUDIENCE OVER WITH THEIR WEIRD AND ABUSIVE LOVE! LETS GIVE THEM A HAND! AH! DON'T WORRY COUPLE #1! WE WILL STILL GIVE YOU A PRIZE! LETS ALL APPLAUD!"
With an applaud from the audience, we receive our prize and walk away in shock.
"What the heck..", is all I can say.
After recovering from what happened, Mashiro stores the tickets in her back pack and we continue to walk around.
----2 hours passed and we finally bought our gifts. I bought Yasuko a game he never played before, and Mashiro bought him some weird kind of card I didn't have a clue about, but I decided not to ask.
We begin to walk on home when I get a call from my mom.
'Yukimura?'
'Yea?'
'Is Mashiro-chan with you?'
'Mhm.. Why?'
'Oooo! Bring her over!'
'Now? Why?'
'What you mean why!? I need a girl in the house to keep me company!'
'But it's already 10pm..'
'I'll figure it out! Just bring her!'
-hangs up-
"Uhhh.. My house? My mom wants you for some reason..?", I say awkwardly.
Mashiro thinks for a second and then nods, "sure".

[Mashiro's POV]
We change plans, and ended up walking to Yukimura's house. I did want to go back to buy groceries, but it couldn't be helped.
Yukimura rings the doorbell and Nani-san opens the door.
"Oh my! Mashiro-chan! Come in! Come in!, Nani-San says.
I enter the house, "Sorry for the intrusion" (Japanese custom, so you won't be rude).
"Um.. May I ask why you needed me Nani-San?", I ask.
"Oh! Well! I wanted to chat with you, but you came later than I expected! I'll talk with you tomorrow!", she says.
"Um.. Okay? I will take my leave", I say as I begin to put my shoes back on.
"!! Why don't you sleep here? We have a guest room on the 3rd floor!", she eagerly says.
"Eh?"
"Huhhhhh!?", Yukimura says in shock.
"actually.. I just wanted you to come cause you seem like the daughter I always wanted!! I only have 2 sons and they don't help me around like you do!", she guiltingly confesses.
"Eh? Uh..", I begin.
"Moooommm~ she isn't your daughter~ And I help you around!", Yukimura cuts in.
"BUT you don't even clean right! A women has her strengths with cleaning! Mashiro-chan! Why not stay for just the night? Honestly, I actually have to talk to you about something very.. Important and secretive.", she winks at me.
"er..."
Yukimura leans and whispers to me, "ugh.. Can you bare it for a night? My mom seems to really like you."
"S-sure", I say.
"Yay! I'll lay out some clothes for you for the night! Yukimura! Go show her where the bathroom is, where the guest room is, and make sure YOU AND YASUKO don't peek on Mashiro! She is a fine women but respect her privacy!", Nani-San lectures.
Yukimura's face turns red. "PEEK!? WTF MOM!".
I chuckle at the conversation.
He turns and gestures me to follow.
He shows me the room and bathroom, and hands me a set of clothes.
Yukimura informs Yasuko about my visit through email and tells me I can go to shower first.
I take a 7-8 minute shower and started to change into my clothes.
Nani-san seems to have picked out my style of clothes from her closet, suggesting we wear the same size.
I keep my undergarments as the ones I wore today and I just wear a clean black tee with some purple running shorts.
I step out, and I head towards the guest room when--- bam!
I slam into someone. It was Yukimura.
"Ouch.. Man, you just love hurting me today don't you?", he says as he is rubbing his chin (from where I bumped into him).
"Pshh.. It was an accident".
"Whatever. My mom is doing laundry, my dad is our working late, and Yasuko just came home.", he says.
"Mkay.. What am I suppose to do?", I ask.
"Idk.. Use your phone?"
"My battery is dead".
"My room has one. C'mon.", he gestures.
I follow him to his room.

[Yukimura's POV]
I plug in Mashiro's phone to my charger. In the meantime, she is once again by my bookshelf flipping through my manga.
Her hair was wet, as she only hung her towel around her neck. Little drops of water were on the floor.
"Ayy...! You're getting my floor wet.", I say.
I walk behind her and take the towel from her neck. I begin drying it for her.
"Ah.. My bad", she says as she flips through the manga pages.
My hand lightly touched the nape of her neck as I dried her hair.
'Smooth'
Her hair is wet, but her brown her still shines.
'Soft.. Ew! Wtf! I'm a freakin perv! And I don't even think of Mashiro like that. Wth.'
*badump* 'wth.. My heart again.. I'll go to the doctor tomorrow'
"Ah.. It's 11:15.. Ima go sleep. Thanks.", she gets up, takes her phone, and leaves the room.

(Ooo~ what does Nani-San want to talk about?~~   Another sort of long chapter~ Hope you liked it and vote or comment please! Hope you can also spread the word about my book! Thnx!)