Fireworks at the Beach

*Yay! 100 reads! Because I reached this goal, here is an early chapter! Thanks for the reads!~*

[Mashiro's POV]
I wake up and check my phone. '9:33am... Hm.. July 3rd.. Tomorrow is July 4th isn't it.. 4th of July, fireworks.. And July 8th.. Ojiisan's birthday..', I think as I lay there in bed.
I then message Kei, Dai, Ojiisan, Kazu, and Mako in a group message.
'4th of July is tomorrow.. Anyone up to go to the beach and play with fireworks?'
After a few minutes-- *ding*
I look and see that Kei replied:
'Yea! Let's go!'
After Hikaru, Dai, and Mako replied:
'Sure'
'Yeaaaaaa! I wanna play with fireworks!'
'I could go~'
Ojiisan and Kazu later agreed and we made plans to go to the same beach as before and to buy fireworks.
Mako and Kazu were to bring the food, since we were gonna have a BBQ. Hikaru and Dai were to bring drinks, while Ojiisan and Kei are bringing utensils and supplies. I took the job in buying the fireworks.
I decided to go to KP Square to buy them. I got ready in the bathroom and dressed in jean shorts and a t-shirt. I head out and began walking to the Square.
I'm looking through the varieties of fireworks. After an hour, I bought 2 jumbo variety packs and a pack of sparklers. As I leave the store, I think: 'While I'm here.. Maybe I should buy Ojiisan's birthday gift..' I began to walk around when something catches my eyes. 'Hmm..' I head into the shop and bought a few things to prepare for Ojiisan's gift (tissue paper, a bag, his gift, etc.). I finish up and went back home. I wrapped up his gift and set it off in my closet. I go downstairs and turned on the TV when--- *ding dong* my doorbell goes off. I walk to the door and open it. I see Ojiisan standing there. "Hm? Why are you here?", I ask. "Can I crash here for the day? My brother has friends over and they're so loud..", he says as he rubs his neck. I nod and let him in. He plops on my couch while I go into the kitchen to get drinks. I come back and see him hugging the stuffed animal he got me. I set the drinks down and look at him with the face of 'what are you doing?'
He smugly grins and holds in out. "You love it soooo much you left it on the couch for you to hug it?" Rage marks formed on my face 💢💢💢, "no. I left it on the couch cause I don't want that thing staring at me while I sleep. It's like a replica of ugly Ojiisan is staring at me in my room". Rage marks then began to form on his face, "oh really b****-chan.." I give a fake smile and say, "yup.. Really".
For the next few hours, we watched TV and drank the soda I brought. After hours of watching, he stretches and says, "ugh.. Have anything else to do? We've been sitting all day".
I shut off the TV and think for a moment, "I have some game systems in my room".
We then went upstairs and he plopped on my bed as I look for the game systems. He's looking around as I pull out a plastic box. I find all my past DS Nintendo consoles, a Play Station, a WII, and some old games. We ended up playing some fighting games on my PlayStation after we hooked it up to the living room TV. "Okay. Just warning you, don't cry when I beat you", he gloated. "Cocky much?", I said as I grabbed the controllers. "Well, I am 3rd place in world ranking in this game", he smirks. "Ahh~ hahaha, let's see what you got".
After 10 full games/rounds, I won them all. He sits there in defeat. "H-how?", he says. "Well~ I am 1st place in world ranks", I smirk. "Y-you're 'xSFMKx'..? The undefeated player that has been holding 1st place..?", he mutters.
"Mhm. 'xSFMKx is just my short username for 'Street Fighter Mashiro Kougami'... Pfft.. Rank 2 for fighting and Rank 3 for gaming, Ojiisan? I thought you were better than that", I taunt.
💢💢Rage makes formed on his face and he was about to give me a 'piece of' his mind when I cut him off from looking at the time-- "7:15 already?"
He looks up at the clock and says, "oh.. I should go". He leaves my house as he says, "see you tomorrow for 4th of July". And he walks away. I put the controllers on the table, turn off the system, and walked up to my room. I changed into a tank top and sweatpants, brushed my teeth, and collapsed on my bed.
I think to myself as I lay there.
'Mm.. If only everyday can be as exciting as today...'
I then get up and walk to my shelf. I take out a heavy box and place it on the floor. I uncover the box and stare at it.. All the letters my parents ever sent me. I frown at them and tears slowly dripped on the letters.
"Heh.. You abandoned me.. You want to break off all ties with me.. You say you won't send me monthly money next time because you have small issues.. You guys have issues?.. Ha.. How 'bout me!?.. I should hate you all.. I feel pathetic.. Why am I crying for you!?", I yell to myself. I put my head to the floor, clenching my fist.
---------------
I wake up and realize I fell asleep on the floor. I slowly get up and see the time. '11:32.. I have to meet at the train station at 3:00pm.. But meet at Daisuke's house at 12.. I'm late..'
I put the box back on the shelf and went to get ready. Since it was the beach, I packed a swim suit just in case and wore jean shorts with a white tank top, covered by a light blue, sleeveless zipper jacket. I take my bag and the bag of fireworks and head out. I look at my phone, and turn on the GPS to head to Daisuke's house.
I find myself in front of a 2 story house with casual, but nice furnishings. I ring the doorbell and a cheerful Dai opens the door. "Hi Mashiro-chan! Come on in.", he gestures me in. "Sorry to intrude... And sorry I'm late, I over slept..", I say. "It's fine. Kazu just came too. They're in my room, let's go!", he says as he leads me up the stairs. As we walk up, he looks at me and says with concern, "You okay? You're eyes look red and a bit puffy... Did you cry yesterday?", his eyes widen. "Haha, no. I had allergies", I lie. He nods and he opens the door to his room. I see Mako and Kazu looking through Dai's manga. Hikaru is laying on his bed. Kei and Ojiisan were sitting and talking. They look up and greeted me. I set the fireworks to the side and sat next to Ojiisan.
He slightly peers at my face and says, "hey.. You okay..? You're eyes.."
"I had allergies yesterday", I lie again. He nods hesitantly.  "So.. When we leaving to the train station?", Hikaru asks. "When my mom comes home from picking up my little brother. So she can drive us there. So like.. An hour and a half?", Dai says.  We ended up playing and talking the whole time. Time passed by quickly and we hear a voice from downstairs, "Daisuke! Are your friends ready??! Let's head out".
"Oh! My mom's home. Let's go", Dai says. We all pick up what we brought and head downstairs. We load everything in the van and I felt someone staring at me. I turn around and see a little 7 year old looking boy with short, dirty blond hair and turquoise colored eyes. "Oh! Guys, this is my little brother, Ryuu. We look alike don't we?", Dai says as he kneels and puts his face next to Ryuu's.
And they did. They both had dirty blond hair and turquoise eyes.
We each introduced ourselves to Ryuu and he kept staring at me. "What's wrong Ryuu?", Dai asks. He then smiles and says, "Mashiro-san.. Is very cute!" We all freeze. Dai then breaks into a smile and says, "haha! Isn't she?"
"B-but she is also THE Mashiro Kougami, the amazing basketball player!!", Ryuu's eyes sparkle with amazement. "Your Oniisan is a basketball player too, you know!", Daisuke says proudly. "But Mashiro is better!", Ryuu explains. Daisuke dramatically kneels to the ground in front of me, "Mashiro.. You have surpassed me at being praised by my brother..".
I chuckle, "haha whatever".

[Yukimura's POV]
"Mashiro-san.. Is very cute!", Dai's little brother said.
'W-what..'
Dai glances over at me, then smiles at Mashiro, agreeing with his brother. I then feel stares so I turn around. Mako and Kazu are bursting into laughter. Hikaru grins at me and Keita smirks and mouths the words , 'Step up your game. You got competition'.
'H-how do I feel defeated by a 7 year old..'
We then get onto the van and Dai's mom drives us to the station. Dai sat in the front with his mom. Kazu, Mako, and Kei say in the back, and Mashiro, Hikaru, and I sat in the middle row. After a 15-20 minute ride, we arrive and we take out our baggage and belongings and thank Dai's mom. We board the train and take our seats. I sat next to Mashiro who was staring out the window.
'She told me she had allergies... I don't think that's true..'
I lean over and ask, "hey.. I don't think you had allergies yesterday.."
She looks shocked for a moment but goes back to a composed face. "What are you, a stalker Ojiisan? Of course I had allergies", she jokingly lies.
"Liar..", I say.
Her expression saddens. "I.. Don't feel like telling anyone..", she mutters.
"Mkay.. It's fine..", I say as I lean back in my chair.
The whole ride was in silence between us, until the train's intercom says we have arrived. We get off the train and stretch. "Ugh! Finally we arrived!", Dai says. "The beach, here we come!", Kei and Mako shout. We walk to the beach and find a clean empty area with a long cement table and a bench, and with not many people around us. We set up the BBQ grill and laid out the utensils and ingredients.
"I'm gonna go swim. So I'm gonna change and be right back", Kazu says. "Ah! I'll come too!", Mako and Dai says as they run to follow Kazu.
"You guys can go hang, I'm gonna stay here", Hikaru says as he sets the grill. "I'll stay to help", Keita says. Mashiro then stands up and says, "I think I'm just gonna stand at the shore of the waves". "I'll come too", I say. She nods and we walk to the shore. With our feet in the water, ankle deep, we stare out into the ocean. Mako, Kazu, and Dai later runs into the water and laughter and chatter rings out through the beach.
"...about the conversation on the train earlier", Mashiro suddenly begins. "Can I tell you next time?", she asks and turns to face me.
The light sunlight shines against her face.
I nod my head in agreement and she smiles.
"Thanks...", she mutters.
We soon ended up joining Dai, Mako, and Kazu in the water when they suddenly dragged me in, causing all my clothes to get wet. And when Mashiro started laughing at me, I carried her in bride-style, then dunked her in the water. We all fought and laughed in the water until Hikaru and Keita called us for the BBQ. I stepped out from the ocean and my khaki shorts and t-shirt was soaking wet. I decided to take off my shirt, while Mashiro was squeezing all the water out from her tank top.
We walked to the grill and we all ate meat, vegetables, fish, and other delicious things. We ate 'til the sun was setting and Keita shouts, "Let's go play some fireworks!".
We agreed and cleaned up our mess, then headed out near the shore to open up the fireworks.

(Hey! Hope you liked this chapter! ^^ Stay tuned to find out what's going to happen next! Leave a vote or comment if you can~ Thanks for reading!)