A Day at the Carnival

[Yukimura's POV]
I held her hand as she continued to mutter more weird things.
"Ngh.. Believe.. Me..", she says with a pained face.
I just listen quietly.. "H-help... H-help..", she continues. I see a tear rolling down her cheek and I don't know what to do..
I just wipe it away. She soon settles down, but her hand grips me tighter when I begin to leave. I decide to stay with her and I sit on my knees and rest my head on the edge of the bed.

[Mashiro's POV]
My eyes flutter open and I see a familiar odd ceiling. The sun light glares into my eyes, and I squint.
(A/N: Next day, so July 2)
I sit up and I feel warmth in my hand. I look over and I see Ojiisan sleeping with his head at the edge of the bed and holding my hand. I'm about to whack him when I felt something weird on my face. I touch under my eyes.. 'Dried tears?' I settle down and just look at Ojiisan. '..thanks..'
I slowly take out my hand from his and get out of bed. I drape the blanket over his shoulder and leave the room.
I look at the bathroom mirror and examine the cut on my cheek and the wrapped bandages on my hand. I brush my teeth and fix up my hair. I walk downstairs and I see Nani-san making breakfast, Koga-san in a business suit, reading some documents, and Yasuko sitting on the couch playing a DS. I slowly walk down and Nani-san notices me and immediately runs over. "Are you okay??!", she asks with a frantic look. "Ah, I'm fine. Thank you for yesterday", I say. "It's fine. It's only natural I would help. So, just sit by the table and I'll finish making breakfast", she says and walks back in the kitchen. Koga-san looks at me and says, "Morning. I heard from Nani-san. You should rest. I'm a lawyer, so I can sue them for countless charges"
"Ah no. It's ok. Things like this happen.. Somewhat often and I take care of it on my own", I say. "Often? Do you tell your parents this? I suggest---", he was cut off by Nani-san. She slightly whacks him in the head and mutters, "You shouldn't bring up someone's personal life, dear".
He nods and continues looking over documents. Yasuko then sits next to me and stares at my hand. "Uh...?", I begin. "That looks so cool! I know you could've gotten hurt or killed, but when Nani-san told us, I was just amazed", he exclaims. "Ok ok, Yasuko that's enough. Go call Yukimura". Yasuko then leaves and I give Nani-san the look of, 'about Yukimura.. Did---?'
She smiles and slightly nods.

[Yukimura's POV]
I was sleeping when *BAM*
Someone jumps on me and I fall to the ground.
I squint from the sunlight but see Yasuko.
"Breakfast is ready!", he says. He looks around and asked, "why are you in the guest room?"
He shrugs and tells me to hurry up, then leaves. I sit up and see a blanket was wrapped around me and that Mashiro isn't there.
I brush my teeth and walk downstairs. I see Mashiro finishing up her breakfast and taking it to the sink. "Morning", I greet.
I eat my breakfast, which were eggs, bacon, and toast. I clean up after I was finished, and sat on the couch. Dad went out to work, my mom had to go to the hospital for a last minute patient, and Yasuko went to his room to finish up summer homework. I'm rubbing my neck from the uncomfortable position I slept in, when something freezing cold landed on my neck. "Ahh!", I flinch and I see a ice cream fall to my lap. I look up and see Mashiro holding in laughter. "Yo! What the hell!?", I yell.
"Pfft... Hahahaha", she goes around the couch and plops next to me. Besides from what happened, I open it and begin to eat. "What's it for anyways?", I ask. She says, "Just thanks for yesterday". I shrug my shoulder and say, "Isn't it normal for someone to help a bleeding person?" "Pfft.. Cocky much? I meant thanks for staying by my side last night", she smirks. I can feel my cheeks slowly get red. "Whatever", I say.
We stayed on the couch and watched TV.
*ding* She looks at her phone and frowns. "You ok?", I ask. She still stares at her phone and I'm about to lean over and look at the message when-- she closes her phone and just pulls a fake smile with a hint of sadness. "It's nothing.. Just a prank message". I just nod..

[Mashiro's POV]
I look at the message and I feel anger boiling inside me..
It was a message from my parents.
'Hello Mashiro. This is Sakura and Koro Kougami. I am sending you this message from a friend's phone, so do not think this is our phone where you can contact us. Nani has given us your mail address. Anyways, I will get straight to the point. We have come to a shortage of money, so we will not send you payment on the 3rd month. Nani has contacted me that you have gotten injuries? I see that you still have not change. I heard that Nani has taken care of you, do not cause her distress. Do you want to be abandoned twice?
x Sakura and Koro Kougami'
'Tch.. Bastards... I feel like an idiot when I cry for them..'
"You ok?"
I look up and see Yukimura looking at me. I lie... I don't want him involved in my problems.
He nods and we sit in silence for a bit, watching TV.
'Tch.. I need something to get this off my mind'
I look over at Yukimura and ask, "Wanna head out somewhere?"
He looks at me with widened eyes, "sure.. But why?"
"I.. Just need something to clear my mind"..
He nods and goes up to get ready.
He soon comes down wearing blue jeans, a black hoodie, and some headphones hanging on his neck.We're putting on our shoes when-- "shouldn't you change out of those joggers... Well, your pajamas?", he asks.
"Mm.. Can we stop by my house?", I ask.
He nods and we make our way out. We're walking down the streets talking about where we plan to go. As we come across my house, I tell him he can wait in my living room. I jog upstairs and pop on light blue skinny jeans, a black tank top, and a red jacket. I come down and see Ojiisan looking around my bookshelf. I walk up to him and see him about to pull something out... My family album. I tap him on the shoulder and he jolts up. "Gawd.. You scared the sh*t out of me", he says as he clutched his heart. "Hahaha, what were you doing?", I ask. "Ah, sorry. I was about to open your album. My bad, let's go?". I nod and we head out. We ended up taking the bus to a carnival, that was holding a special one-time event. We walked around looking at games. When something catches my eyes-- a giant stuffed animal, a white bunny with big red eyes, where one of the eyes were wrapped around by a bandage, and the bunny had stitches on its body. "You want it?", Ojiisan asks when he noticed me looking at it. I shake my head, "no, it's fine. It'll only collect dust in my house. Let's go?"
He nods and we ended up stopping to rest at a table. He sets down his headphones and we lean back on our chairs. "So... What are we going to do?", he asked. "I don't know.. Anything that can clear my mind.", I say.
"Let's go play some games? 3 out of 5 games? Winner buys lunch", he says.
I chuckle, "You're on"
We're about to get up when a little boy runs near us. "Mommy! Look! I bought it!" The boy is holding onto a cup of soda and a bag of candy when he trips on the leg of our chair. He spills all his soda on Ojiisan's headphones and he begins to cry. His mother runs up to him and lightly yells at him. She then tells the boy to apologize to us. As the boy is crying, he sputters out, "s-sorry Oniisan*, s-sorry Oneesan*! P-P-please forgive me..!"
(Oniisan- older/big brother in Jap. The same meaning as Niisan*)
(Oneesan- older/big sister in Jap.)
Ojiisan is wiping the soda off the table with a napkin and smiles, "it's okay. It was an accident". The little boy sniffles. I bend down, and pat his head. "What's your name?", I ask.
"N-naito.." He tries to bury his tears.
I smile, "Naito. That sounds like a big boy name right? So, you shouldn't cry. It was an accident and Oniisan forgives you right? So it's okay."
The little boy, Naito, nods and stops crying. "Thank you Oneesan!". I nod.
He then walks away with his mother.
I get up and turn around to an Ojiisan smirking at me.. "What?", I ask. "You called me 'Oniisan', not 'Ojiisan'", he says smugly.
"I was helping the boy, so don't get to cocky, O-jii-san~~~", I say. He starts to get rage marks on his face 💢💢💢. "Yea yea, let's go", he says as he throws his ruined headphones in the trash can.
As we walk to the games he says, "I didn't know you were so good with children".
"I used to volunteer at a daycare when I was on a break from fighting back in middle school", I say.
As we played games, the results came to me winning. He mutters in defeat as he goes to buy me a bento* from the food court.
(Bento- basically a lunch box)
We sit on a bench and eat. We ate til it was 5:30pm and the carnival was about to close.
I get up from eating and ask, "Wanna go?".
He nods and we make our way to the exit when-- "dang it! I think I forgot my change on the bench when I forgot to put it away. Be right back", he runs off.
I lean against the wall waiting for him to come back. It took longer than I expected but I then see him running back, with a giant bag?
He is out of breath when coming back to me. "What's that?", I ask.
He catches his breath and holds it out to me.
I take it and look inside... It was the stuffed animal I was looking at, the bunny.
I look at him confused.
His cheeks looked slightly pink, but probably from running. "You liked it right? It was pretty easy winning it."
"Why you get it..?", I ask.
"You looked depressed back in my house for some reason. I won't ask why, but here. Think of it as a gift", he says.
I break into a smile, "pfft.. Thanks Ojiisan. You always seem to come through."
He walks me back home and right before I'm about to go into my house, I turn around.
"You wanted to look in my photo album right?", I ask as I gesture him in.
He walks in and sits on my living room floor. I take out my album and lay it on the floor. He opens it and looks through them one by one.
A picture of me when I was born, when I was in grade school, when I had injuries.... A picture of my parents..
He then closes the album after looking at the picture of my parents. "...You're parents looked nice..", he says.
"Heheh.. Not really", i scoff.
"I said they looked nice. Not that they are nice... Well, thanks. Ima go now", he says.
I nod and put my album back. I see him out and as he is about to leave the door--- "Thanks for today. It helped a lot.. And thanks for the gift", I smile.
He slightly turns pink and nods as he leaves.
I take out the gift he gave me and stare at it with a smile.
'..ah~ haven't gotten a gift in years.. It feels nice.'

[Yukimura's POV]
As I walk home, I think of what happened today..
The image of Mashiro smiling when I handed her the gift made me blush..
*bathump*
Hopefully she thought I was pink from running..
I make it home and walk up to my room. I collapse on the bed and in my mind, I see Mashiro smiling and thanking me for the gift.
I cover my face with my hands as I blush.
'Ah.. I really like her I guess..'

(Hey guys! Another long chapter for you! •~< I hoped you liked it as much as I liked writing it. Thanks, if you can vote and leave a comment~
Thanks for reading!)