A Play

*Thanks for 400 reads! ^^ Here's an early release Chapter ;) Thanks for reading cx*

[Mashiro's POV]
'Ojiisan.. Likes me?'
I stand there as Ojiisan lightly blushes and stares at me. I break eye contact and give a small smile.
"Sorry.. I don't think of you that way..", I say.
His shoulders drop, his skin turns pale.
I playfully mess up his hair. "Maybe in the future? Right now, I want us to be the same as ever, O-jii-san", I say. He straightens his back and gives me a slight smile. "I'll wait as long as I need to", he says. I just chuckle, "so cheesy".
"But.. I'll consider this my first confession. Thanks".
[Yukimura's POV]
The next day comes and I head to school. I see Keita and everyone already there, so I take my seat and bury my head.
"Why are you so down?", Keita asks. "What happened to you?", Kazu asks. I quietly mumble, "I confessed...". The guys go silent for a moment..
After a second, they burst out. "What!?" "What did she say!?" "When did you do it!?", they all ask.
I explain to them everything and how we will continue to act normal.
"Woah.. Sorry, man", Mako says, patting my back. "But she said 'Maybe in the future?', so it is a maybe", Dai says. "Yea, you still got a chance", Hikaru tells me. I just groan.
The classroom door then opens and Mashiro walks in. "Morning", she says.
'She's actually acting normally.. I should too'
"Morning", I say.

[Mashiro's POV]
'Okay.. I'll act normally'
I greet the guys and sit on my chair, and the guys are quieter than usual. 'Looks like they know..'
Our Homeroom Sensei then comes in.
"Okay, take your seats. Good morning class", Sensei greets. "Morning", the class says.
"The school will be holding a theater and food fair. Because White Day has just passed, from random drawings in the office, our class will be doing a play and the play must be a romance.", Sensei announces. Our class 'ooo~s and ahh~s'.
"So. I would like to assign the costume designers, the prop creators, the script writers, the director, and whatever else, then you may all work it out", Sensei then picks a handful of people to fill in positions. "Okay. The fair is in 2 weeks. Homeroom has ended", Sensei walks out.
The assigned director was a girl with pale pink hair, in 2 pig tails, and orange eyes. I think her name was Miyana Sawo. She walks up to the front of the class. "Okay! Anyone have suggestions for what play we're doing?", she asks the class.
Ideas began getting thrown out. "Hai Hai*!
(Hai- O.K./Understood/Got it)
The script writers and I will make an awesome play! Our class needs to win! The prize for best play is a whole class trip to Yosaka!", Miyana says with a whole lot of enthusiasm.
*
2 days have passed and Ojiisan and I are just the same as usual. Sensei has just walked into class and told the director and script writers to come to the front of the class.
"So. What play will it be?", Sensei asks.
"The script writers had an amazing play! We just finished the scripts. The play is about 2 street gangs that are rivals. One gang's leader was a girl, the other was a boy. They always fought and bickered, but they then fell in love. They go through ups and downs in the play, and they end with a happy ending!", Miyana explains with sparkles in her eyes.
"That sounds appropriate for the school... Okay. Tell me who will be in the play", Sensei says. "Ah, we haven't decided that yet, Sensei", Miyana says. "Okay. But you must tell me by the end of today. Okay, Homeroom is over", Sensei says and walks out.
The class then starts crowding over and muttering to decide who will be in the play.
"Count me out..", I mutter. "I don't wanna do the play...", Keita says as he walks over. "Do you have stage fright, Kei?", Kazu asks as he walks over with Mako. Keita nods his head.
We're talking when Miyana hesitantly walks over to us. "Um! Mashiro-chan.. C-can you play a part in our play?", she asks me. I shake my head immediately. "No", I plainly say. "Please! We really really need you! Yukimura too!", she pleads. "Me? Nuh-uh. No way", Ojiisan rejects.
The whole class looks with anticipation, hoping we agree. "Why them?", Hikaru asks. "Because the play is about 2 rival street gangs.. And no one can play a better street fighter.. Than Mashiro and Yukimura..", Miyana explains.
"Can't someone else play it?", Daisuke asks. Miyana shakes her head. "Everyone else has to wait her work backstage or play as one of the gang members", she says. "Ah, that reminds me. Let's see.. Daisuke, Kazu, and Keita.. Can you guys play as members in one of the gangs?.. And Hikaru and Mako, can you play as members in the other gang?", Miyana asks. Keita freezes up, but Kazu agrees for the guys.
"Okay.. Now.. Please! Mashiro and Yukimura, we need you!!", Miyana begs as she kneels down on her knees.
'Yeesh.. This is embarrassing'
I look at Ojiisan and he looks back at me and shrugs. "Ugh.. Fine..", I say. "Yay!", she exclaims. "Wait.. I don't have to do anything weird right?", I ask. "Yea.. Things better not be awkward or odd", Ojiisan says. Miyana shakes her head. "Nope! It'll be fine for you guys", she say and runs off to talk to the students working backstage.
*
*
2 days passed and Miyana finished the script and talked to Sensei.
The whole class is working on props and costumes as I'm talking with the guys. "Hiya, Mashiro-chan, Yukimura-san", Miyana approaches us, just when Kazu and Keita were about to arm-wrestle. "Mm.. Hi", I say. "Here are the scripts, you guys can read it as we measure you for costumes", she says as she hands it to us. "Kay", Ojiisan says. "Okay, since I'm already here, can all of you guys come to get your measurement?", she gestures towards the corner of class.
We all get up and walk to the corner. Other students in our class then began measuring us and writing it down. "..this script is long as f**k", Ojiisan says, as we're taking our measurements. "How does this thing even end?", I ask. We both began flipping the pages. "What does it say?", Keita asks as he holds up his arm for measurements. "They're reading it, patience", Hikaru says as a student measures his waist.
'Let's see.. Main lead, which is me?,...lets see.. Blah blah blah.. Oh, here's the ending.. Mhm.. Mhm.. M--- WHAT THE F**K!?'
I choke from what I just read. I look at Ojiisan and he gives me a weirded out look.
"Uh.. You guys okay?", Mako asks. "What does it say?", Kazu asks. "C'mon, hurry up", Daisuke finished his measurements and took the script out of my hand. He scanned the script and froze..
He then bursted out laughing and began rolling on the floor. "What? Let us see", Keita says. All the guys move from taking their measurements and take the script from Daisuke. They huddle around it and quickly read it. After a few seconds, they began bursting out laughing, and they began rolling on the floor with laughter as well.
Ojiisan and I look at each other with a shocked face. "Y-you.. A-and... I..", Ojiisan hesitantly says and points at me. "H-have t-to.. K-k-k-kiss!?", I finish his sentence with a disbelieved look.
...

(Boooo~ Mashiro rejected him! ;-; BUT it's not over yet!!!!
Well~ This chapter is finished. It was a short chapter.. Well, hoped you liked it cx Stay tuned to find out what happens next!)

!!!!!!!!!!
Hey guys! Hoping you guys can leave a vote
AND
Spread word about this series. Thanks!