A Park Trip

[Mashiro's POV]
I wake up the next day and I slowly sit up. I look over at my phone and it read, 'Saturday'.
I began to stretch my arms when I felt restricted. I look over to the edge of the bed and see Ojiisan holding my hand and asleep.
'Huh?...'
I then felt dirt or some kind of nasty substance on my forehead, so I brushed my fingers on my face.
'Sweat? ..from my nightmare?'
I look over at Ojiisan.
'Thanks... Maybe I do like you after all.. I'll keep it a secret for now, I don't want to get him all worked up and happy'
I slowly release my hand from his and drape a blanket over his shoulders. I walk towards the bathroom and got ready.
I walked downstairs and see no one.
I then walk to the kitchen and see nothing but a note. It read..
'Yukimura and Mashiro, I had to go on an early shift at the hospital. Your dad went to meet with a client and Yasuko is at a friend's house. I left money on the table, so have fun today and buy stuff to eat.
Xoxo, Nani-san'
I put the note down and I heard some foot steps. Ojiisan rubs his eyes as he walks into the kitchen. "Mm... Morning.. Where's my mom?", he asks. I tell him where everyone is at and he says, "Kay.. Then let's go out to eat, I'll get changed". "Ok.. Ima run on home to get some new clothes, and to change some of my bandages", I say.
I step out of the house and lightly jog towards my house. I walk in and went upstairs to my room. I took a fast shower and dressed in ripped jeans, combat boots, a red v-neck, and a black, unzipped jacket. I grab my phone and head out after changing my bandages.
I see Ojiisan leaning on my gate, waiting for me. "Yo~", I say. Ojiisan stops leaning and let's me pass. "Where to?", I ask. "Dunno.. What do you wanna eat?", he asks. I just shrug. We began walking towards nowhere.
After walking for an hour, with no real destination, we ended up buying pork buns from a vendor. We sat at a park and ate.
We ate in silence when something crosses my mind. "..What if one of us were to leave?", I ask. Ojiisan stops eating. "What are you talking about..? Are you leaving?", he asks. I shake my head. "No... Just had a dream that you and all the guys left me like how my parents did", I say. He playfully punches me. "That won't happen", he says and continues to eat.
We finished eating and we watch little kids run around in the park. A little girl then trips on Ojiisan's foot and falls face flat. She slowly gets up and sniffles, right on the verge of tears. Ojiisan then crouches and peers close to the girl's face. "Sorry.. You okay?", he says. She stiffens up. "M-m-mom!!!", the girl shouts.
But no one comes. I then crouch down next to the girl. "Psst.. He's scary right?", I whisper loud enough for both the girl and Ojiisan to hear. She nods her head and clings onto my jacket, as Ojiisan stares at me with annoyance and rage marks 💢💢.
"Yo! Stop picking on little girls!", I say, half jokingly. Ojiisan looks shocked, but he recovers. He plays along with me and says, "Why?". "I think you should just beat him up", I tell the girl. She shakes her head in fear. "Want me to do it?", I ask. She nods her head and hides behind me.
I stand up and walk towards Ojiisan.
"Uh.. You aren't seriously doing it, right?", he whispers lowly. "Of course I have to", I whisper back. "What?! Don't just do it just beca--", I cut him off by grabbing his shoulder and tripping him back. He lands on his back and grunts with pain. 'Ah.. We still have injuries.. My bad'
I then felt a hand in mine. The little girl looks up to me with sparkling eyes. "Thank you Onee-chan*!", she says as she holds my hand.
(Onee-chan/ Nee-chan/ Oneesan- big sister, or sis)
A lady then runs up to us. "Ah! Sunny! What trouble did you cause!?", the lady says to the child.
'Her mom?'
The lady bows to both me and Ojiisan, who was sitting up on the grass. "I'm so sorry for any trouble my daughter caused", the lady says.
"Ah, it's fine. We were just playing with her", I say.
The lady walks away with the girl, 'Sunny', and I walk towards Ojiisan.
"Seriously.. You actually had to bring me to the ground?", he rubs his shoulder. "Haha.. My bad", I say. "Whatever.. It was for the girl. Seriously though, you look like you have no experience with children", he says. I just shrug.
I then plop down next to Ojiisan, and lay down. "What are you doing?", he asks. "Just tired..", I say as I stare up into the sky. After a while, he layed down beside me.
"...Why do you like me?", I ask. "E-eh!?", Ojiisan covers his face from embarrassment. "Well?", I continue to ask. "B-because.. You accepted me even though everyone else kept their distance from me.. Because you always seem to be there when I need someone most..".
"Heh.. I think it's the other way around.. Thank you", I say. He just blushes and stays quiet. "What? Why so quiet? Want me to return your feelings? Haha", I joke. He mutters quietly, hoping I wouldn't hear, "yes..".
'I guess I like him, too.. But I don't know..'

(Wahhh! MUTUAL FEELINGS!? Lol
Thanks for reading cx This was a filler chapter .-.)

❗️ This series is coming to an END soon
I will then try to come up with a new series, unless I can somehow continue the story after they have graduated from high school. Feedback? Should I continue as much as I can? Or should I end it soon, which I already am planning? ❗️