Gifts and Drunks

[Mashiro's POV]
A couple of weeks passed since we returned to Japan. I haven't done anything since then. I'm using my laptop when-- *ding*
I check my phone and it's a message from Yasuko.
'Hey Mashiro. Yukimura's birthday is on July 8. We're planning a party for him. Hoping you can come and if you can invite some of his other friends that would be great^^'
I check the calendar and it is June 30.. 8 days away.
'Sure. I'll come along with about 5 friends.'
'Thanks! Come over to the house, morning of the 8th!'
--------------
'Hmmm... Ojiisan's birthday.. He's turning 17? What do I get him?'
I decide to text a group message to Kei, Dai, Hikaru, Mako, and Kazu and tell them all about the plans. 
We made plans to meet at KP Square tomorrow around noon, to shop for his gift.
-------------
The next day came (July 1) and I am about to leave the house. As I come out the house and am half way to KP Square, Ojiisan is walking back home. He sees me and asks, "where are you off to?". 'Ah.. Can't tell him' "Just off to buy groceries", I lie. "Oh, I'll come with you. You might need help carrying it all", he says.
"Uh- no. I'm good. I'm... Meeting a friend to help me. Bye, Ojiisan", I quickly walk away.

[Yukimura's POV]
'A friend?.. Who could she be going out somewhere with!?'
I wonder in thought as she gets smaller and smaller walking down the street. 
'Ugh.. My heart has a sharp pain.. I'll go home and rest'

[Mashiro's POV]
'Ok.. I got away. Now where is Kei..'
I spot everyone as I walked around. I walk up to them, "Hey".   "Hi!", they greeted.  "So! About Yukimura's gifts.. What does he like?", Daisuke asks.  "...He likes games.. Manga.. I'm not really sure..", I wonder.  "Well, let's just wander for a bit.. I'll probably just buy him a gift card if I can't find anything", Hikaru says.
We nod in agreement and walk around the Square. We ended up walking for hours and only Daisuke, Hikaru, and Mako found a gift to buy. Only left was Kazu, Keita, and myself.
"Ugh! This is so hard!", Kazu complains.
Another few hours passed and Keita and Kazu finally found a gift. They look at me and ask, "What you going to get Mashiro?"
"I'll probably come back next time.. I can't seem to find anything"
They nod and we split up, going back home.
"I'll send you his address later! Bye."
I walk back home and look at my phone. It read; '6:30pm..' I walk into my house and collapse on the couch..
'What do I get him?...' I stayed there for about 15 minutes, wondering about what to get him.
I decided to finally get up and take a shower.
I put on a plain dark blue v-neck and some dark gray joggers. I'm drying my hair with a towel as I check the fridge.. 'Dang it.. I actually should've bought groceries.. I got nothing to eat..'
*ding* It was a message from Ojiisan.
He said: 'Busy?'
'Not really.. What you need?'
'Mom was wondering if you would come to our house for dinner right now. My dad and brother isn't home, so she accidentally made too much..'
I think for a moment and type: 'sure, if it's okay.. I'll be there in 15 min?'
'Kay'
I turn off my phone and went to grab a jacket, leaving my pajamas on. After putting on a jacket and locking the doors, I begin to walk over to Ojiisan's.  It was 7:10, so it was already pretty dark and the street was deserted. I'm on my way when I start to hear faint footsteps behind me. I slow down just a bit and I hear the footsteps slow down as well. '..following me?..'  I then begin to pick up the pace until I hear the footsteps get louder as they try to keep up with me. I then suddenly turn around and I see a man with a hoodie, holding a glass bottle of beer.  'Drunk guy..?'
He notices me and slowly looks into my eyes. He breaks into a drunk grin and says, "ah~ you caught me pretty lady. Why don't we cut to the chase and I bring you to my place?"
"Never. Get out of my sight and stop f****n following me, geez", I say.
I probably ticked him off. He twitched his grin and said, "Don't get so cocky alright. Now be a good innocent girl and follow me", he approached me and grabbed my wrist. He begins to drag me but I throw my wrist down, causing him to let go. I hold my wrist in my other hand and glare at him, "No. Go back by your stupid self, bastard."
"What you say!? That's it! I tried to be nice little lady, but you called this on yourself.. DIE!!", he takes out a pocket knife from his pocket and charges at me. I swiftly swing across and kick his legs, causing him to fall and let go of the blade. But as the blade came down, it grazed my cheek. Blood began to slowly leak from the cut. "Ugh! The same f****n cheek!? And my cut just got healed!", I complain.
(A/N: The 'cut' from the chapter, 'what's with my heart?' (Chp.7))
The drunk guys gets back up and swings his glass beer bottle at me. I punch it with my fist straight on and--- *shingggg*
The glass shatters and the pieces fall to the floor. The man looks down nervously as he is all out of tricks.  With a bloody fist, I crack my knuckles and glare at him with the most murderous and cold glare I have. He gulps slightly and I say quietly, "You f****n b****... I'll make you die right here and now.."
I kick him in the chest, causing him to fall back. I throw one good punch across his face and he coughs up blood. After the 1 punch, I stand and stare down at him. "I'll let you go.. But don't ever show your face in front of me again."
He nods frantically and runs off into the dark, away from me. 'Ugh.. F***!' , I grip my bloody hand with pain. I wince from the throbbing in my hand, but started to feel pain on my cheek. I continue to walk to Ojiisan's house as I clutch my bleeding hand and with a trickle of blood from my cheek. I finally make it to Ojiisan's house and rang the doorbell. 'Ugh.. My head hurts..'
The door opens and I see Yukimura. His eyes widen as he sees me leaning against the wall with a bleeding cheek and a clutched bloody hand. He panics and slings one if my arms over his shoulder. He brings me into the house and closes the door. I'm leaning against the wall as Ojiisan is asking me, "What da f****n hell happened to you!?" "...I---", my vision began to fade.. '..Did I lose that much blood..?' ..I felt myself begin to fall. Ojiisan catches me and I black out.

[Yukimura's POV]
I'm holding a passed out, bloody Mashiro. I yell out to my mom for help, and my mom immediately takes her to the couch. She tells me to watch her, while she runs to get the first-aid kit and some wet towels. My mom wrapped and wiped down her injuries and cuts, and puts a cold, wet towel on her forehead. All I did was watch. I felt useless... But I am lucky my mom was home... She's a medical doctor, so she knew exactly what to do.
My mom stands up from treating Mashiro and says to me, "don't worry.. She'll be fine. She looks like she lost a lot of blood. Not that bad enough to send her to the hospital. Just watch over her and wait for her to wake up. And change her towel when it gets dry.", she smiles and walks away. I sit right by her the whole time and rested my head on the couch cushion.
I slowly dose off after 45 minutes of waiting.
I felt a slight shift on the couch. My eyes slowly fluttered open and I look at the clock, it was 9:35pm already. I slept a bit past 2 hours.
I look over at Mashiro and see her eyes slowly open. I lift my head up and look over at her. She slowly sits up and looks around. "Mm..? What happened?", she asks.
"You came into my house with bloody injuries and fainted".
"Oh yea.."
"Well.. What exactly happened?", I ask.
She tells me the story and I just sit there.
'If I didn't invited her.. That wouldn't have happened.. If I went to pick her up, it wouldn't have happened.. If I was with her, none of this would've happened'
As if she was reading my mind she says, "It wasn't your fault.."
I just nod and quietly change the bandage for her hand. I wiped it down with water and alcohol, then wrapped it. The same with her cheek, I cleaned it up and applied a new band-aid. My mom comes in and says, "oh! You're awake! You lost quite a lot of blood, but just drink lots of water." Mashiro nods. "Ah, you should sleep over tonight since you're hurt. You can use the guest room again", my mom continues.
Mashiro thanks her, and my mom goes to bed.
I hold on to Mashiro to balance her as she goes up to the guest room. I bring her to the room and lay her on the bed. "Okay, now do it yourself b****-chan". I'm about to leave when she grabs hold of my shirt. "Uh.. Yo.", I look at where her hand is gripping.
I'm about to yell at her when I noticed she fell asleep and is still holding on to me.
I hear her mutter the words, 'mom.. Dad.. Don't leave me yet..' A tear seeps out of her closed eyes. I kneeled down beside her bed and took her grip off of my shirt, and held her hand in my palms. I held her hand tightly as more tears rolled out as she was sleeping..

(Hey guys! Hoped you liked it.. It's a bit boring on some parts right? Well, leave a comment and vote please! ~
And stay tuned! >~<)