We'll Fight Through

*200 reads! Thanks! Here is an early release! I try to update every 2 days, so that means the next chapter will be released tomorrow! Thanks for reading and thanks for the reads and support!~*

[Mashiro's POV]
Sakurako's team then steps back on the court. I ready myself and stand guard.
'Him? ...it was right arm, left dash.. But their team was talking about something earlier.. They might've found my technique'
The guy dribbles with his right, then dashed left. I take a step to stand guard but he suddenly went right. 'He switched his routine!? A faint!'
I thought it was a normal faint.. But... Instead..
*BAM*
He slammed his foot right down on my left leg. He didn't let go until his coach pulled him back. I collapse with pain and the referee blows the whistle.
"Attack from Sakurako! Player Disqualification!", the referee shouts. The crowd begins with a gasp and chatter goes around. I was in so much pain, I couldn't get up. Only to be holding my leg, Ojiisan then runs up to me along with my team. "You okay!?!?", they all ask. "Sure.. It's just that my foot just got slammed down and twisted in a weird way.. NO SH*T IM NOT OKAY!?", I say.
"Ugh! I bet they did that on purpose!", Kazu says. "I know! Because the rules don't apply in this tournament!", Mako adds. "We'll deal with them later. Let's get Mashiro to the bleachers", Hikaru orders. Ojiisan wraps an arm around me and I slowly limp to the bleachers. I lay down and rest my injured foot. A medical standby comes rushing towards me. She slowly touches my leg and I wince in pain. "This is pretty severe. I instruct you not to play the rest of the game. I will come back with an ice pack".
As I lay there and covered my eyes with my arm, Sakurako's coach comes up to me. He bows. "I am deeply sorry. He had never done that before. I will make sure he gets punished severely and will see what had gotten into him. I take honor and would be glad to withdraw", he says. "No.. It's fine", I mumble. "I want to see how this game will come out. Please continue", I say with my face still covered. He nods and walks away. In the distance I hear yelling from him. I then receive my ice pack and just take deep breathes.
"Okay.. We got 5 min 30 seconds left. Let's get a sub teammate from the 2nd te---", I cut off Hikaru and sit up. "No. I'm gonna play".
They look at me with wide eyes. "Are you crazy!?", Kazu and Mako say in sync. "Mashiro.. I seriously think you should rest", Daisuke says. "Seriously! You can play next time! You need to---", Hikaru begins but Ojiisan begins to speak. "I think she should play". The guys look at Ojiisan. "Have you gone crazy too Yukimura? Excuse me! We need another ice pack for this guy's mind", Kazu says. "Sheesh. If Mashiro wants to, she should. We've gotten this far already", he says. The team sighs. "Can you get up?", Mako asks. I slowly stand up, and I wince from the pain, but I stay standing. "Okay.. Let's go", Hikaru says. I limp towards the court, using Daisuke's and Ojiisan's shoulders for support.
"AMAZING! MASHIRO HAS COME ONCE AGAIN, IGNORING THE DREADFUL INJURY!", the announcer booms its voice and the crowd stands up with a applaud.

[Tatsuya's POV]
"WHAT!?!?", I stare in shock.
"I will deal with you all later about what is going on... Hurry and go. And don't mess with anything this time", coach says sternly.
Myself and the team walks on to the court. It was their turn to take the ball out.
I stand guard in front of her as two of her team mates leave her side, after stabling her.
"Tch.. You're going down for sure now.", I say.
'No way can she fight through that injury'
The whistle blows.

[Mashiro's POV]
Even a slight pressure on my leg causes a crying pain. I slowly step into the court and wince from the pain. Tatsuya immediately tries to snatch the ball, but I took a risk. I shot from a bit more than the half court line.
It goes in.
"Amazing!! Mashiro makes a shot even with an injury!!", the crowd roars.
"Tch.. I'm going down? Never", I sneer at him.
From the times Sakurako would start with the ball, we would lose a shot. When our team takes out, we would make a point.
It was now 30-31, we're so close.
There was only 18 seconds left. I haven't left the spot from when Dai and Ojiisan stabled me at, but we needed to make this point to advance to the next stage.
Tatsuya takes the ball out and avoids every player on my team. He was just a few meters away from the hoop.
'Ugh..'
I fight throat my pain and sprint towards the hoop.
"Mashiro!", my team calls out to me.
Tatsuya shoots the ball and it hits the rim. Just before his teammate was going to pick up a rebound, I steal the ball and dribble to the opposite hoop. "What!?", Tatsuya says.
I wince with pain from every step. My leg was giving out. Before I collapsed on the ground, I shoot the ball with just 4 seconds left.
*ERNNNNNNNNGH!*
"GAME! 1st Half goes to Tokawa Sako Elite Academy!", the crowd bursts into cheers.
I struggle to get up from the ground, but I couldn't. My leg felt like it shattered.
I then got pulled up and I see my whole team supporting me.
"You got us through 1st half. Thanks!", they all smile at me.
I limp over to the bleachers and rest my leg. The whole time, I felt the glare of Tatsuya.
I watch the 2nd game play out and we won again, with the score of 21-17.
"Advancing to the next tournament will be Tokawa Sako Elite Academy!!! Along with ---***", the announcer names all the winning teams.
My leg's pain lessened so I slowly got up. Our team cheers as several coaches with the winning teams behind them come up to me. My team then gathers around.
"I see.. You are Kougami, Mashiro. Welcome back to the game.", the several couches introduce them to me. "I have taken quite interest in your abilities once more. I would hope that you would transfer to our tea---", "no. With Mashiro's potentials, she would rather be wit---", "what are you saying? With our high standards, she would---". The several coaches began offering and arguing about taking me to their team.
"Ehm. Sorry. But I must decline. Although we do not have a coach, only a team captain, I find that this team is the most proficient for me", I politely reject.
"Awwwwwh~", the whole team surrounds me.
With the coaches still around me with the winning teams, Sakurako's coach comes up.
"I apologize once again", he bows. I nod and forgive him. As he leaves, the team follows, but he turns around stopping them. "Huh? Coach?", the players say. "I will be preparing your punishment. Get back on your own", he leaves the whole team behind. "Coaaaaach!", the team whines.
Shiro and Tatsuya then walk up to me. "Nice game", Shiro says. My team glares daggers at them. Shiro nudges Tatsuya. "What? You want me to praise and apologize to them? Tch..".
"Hey.. Since this is the tournament, no penalties right? Like my leg?", I ask Hikaru.
"Theoretically, no. Why?", he answers
"Oh, just so I can do this".
I knee Tatsuya in the stomach, with my good leg (of course). As he holds his stomach in pain, I throw a strong punch again his face. And to finish off, I grabbed his arm and flipped it, causing him to land back-flat on the floor.
The surrounding coaches and teams stare in shock. Shiro just stares blankly.
"You lost in the first round, you can't look down on anyone this time. And don't think you didn't do anything wrong. I know exactly what you did, bastard", I glare at him with rage marks 💢💢.
The past teams who were looked down on before, began chuckling and holding in their laughter. We then go board our bus, back to the school. "Wooo! Next game is in 5 days, then if we win..REGIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!", Daisuke yells as we sit in the bus.
We all chuckle and I take my seat next to Ojiisan. "Quite the punch you got in there", he says, smirking. "Well... He had it coming".
"How's your leg?", he asks. "It's fine".
Throughout the ride, most of our teammates drifted off to sleep. And I began drifting off myself.

[Yukimura's POV]
After a while in the bus, I then felt someone leaning on me. I turn and see that Mashiro fell asleep, leaning on my shoulder.
My hands began to slowly move when---
"Hey Yukimura!", Daisuke pops up.
"Shhh... Mashiro is sleeping, Dai", Hikaru says.
'Phew.. They didn't see'
"Well she did work hard to win for us", Kazu pops up, saying.
They then turn around, and I see Mako grin and wink at me, with a thumbs up.
'Heeeeee sawwwwwww!!!!'

[???'s POV]
>Meanwhile... In Kyoto<
"Mashiro has lead Tokawa Sako Elite Academy to Victory! They will be moving on to the next round!!", the TV announces.
I sit on the couch and just stare.
"Tch.. You still are a disappointment to me.."
.....
"I hope I don't see you.."
"Honey! You ready?! The client is waiting at Tokyo! Ready for the 3-day stay?"
...."yea.. Coming!"
I close the door and get into the car.

(Wahhhhh! Cliffhanger! Haha! Done! ^~^ Hope you enjoyed it, and leave a comment or vote :D Thanks for reading!)