Goodbye for Now

[Mashiro's POV]
Hm? Where am I?
I look around but I see nothing but white.
Is this a dream?  Probably.
A lightly faded image then appeared.
It was a black silhouette or someone's back.
Who is that? ..I get a feeling they're important..
The small silhouette gets smaller and smaller as it walks away.
"Wait!!", I shout. But everything begins to dim.
*bzzzzzz* *bzzzzz*
I woke up from the sound of my alarm.
'Ugh.. What kind of dream was that?'
I drag myself out of bed to get ready for school.

[Yukimura's POV]
*rrrrrrrr*
I shut off my alarm and stare up at the ceiling.
'Ugh... I couldn't get any sleep last night since my parents told me we're moving to America'
----Flashback----
"America?", I say. "Y-yes. But it's a temporary transfer, so we will be coming back in 7 months! The house will stay here still and still belong to us. We would just have another house in America. And since you know some English, you would be fine with communication."
(A/N: Remember he's half American?)
"B-but.. What about my life here?", I ask.
"Well.. Since it'll be 7 months.. We'll be back... in October? It'll be a bit past when your a 4th year in high school, but it'll be fine!", my mom assures.
"....."
"Sorry Yukimura.. But we'll be back in Tokyo soon.. We leave in 2 weeks.. The day before the beginning of April", mom says.
Yasuko sighs and my dad massages the temples of his forehead.
----Flashback end----
Not only was I unable to sleep because of that.. But I had a dream.. That made me not wanna go to America even more..
----Dream----
I was at the park once again with Mashiro besides me.
(A/N: Refer to chap.31, 'A park trip')
"What if one of us were to leave?", she asks.
I assured her I wouldn't.
I promised myself I would never leave her, unlike her family. 
The scene changes.
I saw Mashiro crying from sadness and abandonment when the guys and I left one by one.
She muttered over and over, "you lied. You're a liar".
My heart dropped. I felt as if I was falling into despair.
----Dream End----

[Mashiro's POV]
I walk into the class to find everyone but Ojiisan. "Morning", I greet. "Morning", they say.
A few moments later, Ojiisan walks in. He sees the guys and he hesitantly walks over. "M-morning", he says. "Morning!", they greet once more. His eyes land on me. He looks away immediately.
'Hm? What's his problem?'
The day goes by and Ojiisan was oddly quiet.
Lunch came by and I told the guys to head out to the court yard, while I ran out to buy some food.

[Yukimura's POV]
After Mashiro left, we settled down out in the court yard.
'..I should tell them.. I only have 2 weeks..'
"Hey guys...", I start. They look over at me.
"What?", Hikaru asks. "I have to tell you something..", I say. "Go on ahead", Mako tells me.  "I..am going to America", I reveal.
"WHATT!?", they all shout.
I ended up revealing everything to them.
"I..never thought you would be going to America..", Keita mutters. "So sudden..", Daisuke and Kazu begin to sniffle.
"Oh.. And PLEASE DO NOT tell b****-chan, yet! ..I think I wanna break it to her after school or sometime next week...", I look down. Mako and Hikaru pat me on the back. "Don't worry", Mako says.
"Anyways! When you tell b****-chan, we must hang out and take lots of pictures!", Daisuke shouts. "Yea!", Kazu agrees.
"Tell me what?", a voice rings out from behind. We all look and see Mashiro with bread in her mouth.
"Nothing", the guys all say in sync.
'I'll tell her later...'

[Mashiro's POV]
The day goes by and I'm heading towards the gym for after school basketball practice.
I drop my duffel bag onto the bleachers, and began to take off my jacket when--
"Wait! Mashiro, we just decided that practice was canceled~", Daisuke runs up to me.
"Why?", I ask. "Because we need to spend time with Yukimura!", Daisuke says. "Uh.. Why?", I ask again. "Errrr... Whatever! Just follow me!", Dai takes my duffel bag and drags me out of the gym. "W-wait! I'm still in my basketball uniform!", I shout. "It's fine!".
He brings me to a small cafe and as we come in out of breath, I see the entire basketball team with Ojiisan. Dai seats me between Ojiisan and himself. "Uh... Hi?", I say. The team greets me and I ask, "why are we here?". "Just decided that the team should take a break once in a while", Hikaru tells me. "Oh.. Uh okay?".
We ended up ordering several dishes to share and we ordered countless kinds of drinks and desserts. The bill came and Ojiisan decided to treat everyone. We asked the workers to help us take some pictures, and in the end, we took one gigantic group photo.
As we all left the cafe, most of us went our separate ways.
Ojiisan and I began to walk home in silence.
After a few minutes in silence, Ojiisan asked, "Remember you asked me 'what if one of us were to leave'?". I nod. "Mhm..".
He stops walking and I stop too. "What happened? Why you stop?", I ask.
He looks at me with eyes of... sadness.
He gently puts his palm on my head and says in a depressing tone, "I'm.. Moving to America".
'....America..? Ojiisan.. Is leaving..?'
I stare down in silence.
"It's a temporary move.. My mom got transferred to work at a hospital in America. I'll be back in the late beginning of my 4th year", he tells me.
"I..thought.. You weren't gonna leave my side..", I mutter.
"Sorry.. I couldn't keep that promise", he says.
'..it can't be helped.. But.. I kept it in too late.. I should've told him once I realized.. This is my last chance..'
Tears began to fall.
For the first time.. In such a long time.. Tears of real sadness, real pain fell.
Despite that, I look up with a slight smile.
"It can't be helped..", I say.
Ojiisan was a bit taken back from my tears, but he recovered. "Gah.. D-don't make me feel all guilty", he says looking away.
"Pfft...", I chuckle lightly.
"A-anyways.. I leave in 2 weeks..", he explains.
'2 weeks...'
"W-while I'm gone, you better not change! And if you fall for someone while I'm gone, I'm not gonna forgive myself.. S-since I still l-like you..", he blushes and covers half of his face with his hand.
'..My last time to see him.. I'll tell him..'
"Ha.. I should've told you sooner.. Things might've changed..", I mutter.
"Tell me what?", he asks as he wiped my tears away with his sleeve.
"..I like you, too.. O-jii-san".
He stares at me blankly.
"Come again?", he says.
"I'm not gonna say it again.. Welp! Looks like I was rejected", I say.
"N-no!! S-seriously!? Since when!?", he yells.
"Mm... When I got kidnapped during the play?", I think.
He drops to his knees and holds his head.
"Seriously...", he mutters.
I crouch down in front of him.
"Mm.. This is gonna be really embarrassing.. And really cheesy.. But.. I'll be waiting for you when you come back", I say, avoiding his eyes.
*yank*
Ojiisan suddenly pulls me into his arms, into a hug.
"W-what are you doing!?", I yell.
"Haha! Bare with it for just a second.. I'm.. Too happy..", he mutters.
"Gah..."..
------
The 2 weeks passed by quickly, ever since I found out.
"Well.. See you in 7 months..", Ojiisan says.
We're at the airport, sending him off.
"I-I'll miss you!!", Kazu sniffles.
"Don't forget about us!", Keita says.
"We'll see you soon, Yukimura", Mako pats his back.
"Haha, thanks guys", Ojiisan says with a smile.
"You better come back soon! We'll be waiting for you", Daisuke smiles and gives him a thumbs up.
"Keep playing basketball. We'll reserve a spot on the team just for you.", Hikaru smiles.
"Haha.. Thanks. I'll see you soon", he says.
His eyes turn towards me.
"See you soon. We'll all be waiting.. Yukimura", I say.
"Woah! It's the first time Mashiro actually said your real name!", Keita points out.
"Haha! Since you guys have mutual feelings, don't go seeing other people! We can watch Mashiro, but Yukimura! Don't go playing with those foreign girls!", Kazu lectures.
"Geez.. Of course not", Ojiisan says embarrassingly.
"Gah! Group hug!", Daisuke shouts and we all bring it in.
After the group hug, the guys say some final words to Ojiisan. I step aside and head to Nani, Koga, and Yasuko.
"We'll miss you, Mashiro-chan!", Nani-san begins to tear up. "I'll miss you, too. Thanks for everything.. You're like the mother I always wanted", I say. Nani-san brings me into a hug.
"See you soon, Mashiro! I don't want to say 'goodbye', so..", Yasuko begins to sniffle.
"Haha.. See you soon, Yasuko", I say.
Yasuko brings me into a tight hug, as he lets all his tears out.
"Take care, Mashiro. I'll watch you from the screen when you play basketball. I hope to see you as a Regional champion once again", Koga-san says. "You take care, too. I'll make it to Regionals for you", I chuckle. We give each other a light hug.
"Flight 28, to America. Please make your way to the boarding area", the intercom goes off.
"See you soon..", I say.
Nani-san nods. "Yukimura! It's time to go!", Koga-san yells.
Yukimura waves goodbye to the guys and walks over to me.
"See you soon. I'll be waiting", I say.
"Haha.. See you soon. I'll try to message you and the guys every week, Mashiro..", he says.
I give him a light hug and wave goodbye.
As they walk away, he glances back.
The guys and I stand there and wave.
He smiles and waves back, heading off to America.
'Hm.. It's the first time he said my name, too..'

[Yukimura's POV]
'Ugh'
I settled onto the plane and sat at the window seat, next to Oniisan. I stare out the window as the intercom goes off, "please remain seated throughout the whole flight. We will now be taking off to America".
The plane begins to take off, as I think about everything.
'I'll see you all soon.. Keita.. Kazu.. Mako.. Daisuke.. Hikaru.... Mashiro.. I'll be back soon..'
The flight begins to take off of the ground.
I then saw people waving down below, when the plane barely lifted from the ground.
As I squint, I see the guys and Mashiro waving with a broad smile.
Tears began to fall.
I cover my eyes with my hand and smile to myself.
"..haha.. I'll miss you guys..", I mutter.

(Long chapter once again cx What did you guys think? Booooo~ They didn't get together.. BUT THIS ISN'T THE END. ;> Haha, stay tuned for what happens next ^~^ Vote if you enjoyed it, and vote even if you didn't! Comment any kind of feedback, even if it's bad! Thanks for reading :))

-I had tons of fun, while writing this chapter. Just wanna thank you for the support, and I'm glad, even if it's just a small handful of people, that people are reading my story. Thanks ;)-