11.

waking up to he smell of waffles and coffee only meant one thing, Rommey's mom was here! i jumped up from the bed and slipping on my shirt and shorts before running down stairs. Shantell was her name but she preferred to be called Ma Dukes. A 10:30 in the morning his crazy woman wore pearls and a pajama gown. Rommey and her were talking and laughing when i walked in "hey momma!" she said seeing me walk up and placing a plate of waffles and a cup of coffee on the table for me. i walked up to give her a tight hug. "huh, try and eat that" i smiled and sat down, Romey rubbed my shou2lers and kissed my neck.

"ain't tell me she was coming down" she said giving me an eye.

"she your momma and she helping with the wedding, surprise!" i smirked and whispered "muthefucker" to him. he smiled and kissed my cheeks when his phone rang.

"Rommey that damn phone ring one more time i will smack the back of your cone head ass!" she hollered "don't be acting all surprised i'm hear either!"

Rommey let the phone ring and sat back down, "so whats he plans today ladies? and how much do you need?"

"just give us your card and tell us how much is up there" Ma Dukes demanded "what's your plans today?"

"I have to work today"

"yes you do! work to find your best men and tux"

"i don't need a best men ma" she scowled and he nodded "i'll find one" he mumbled. i snickered as i ate my waffles. i loved watching the two go at it. i stood when his phone rang again, "excuse me ladies" he kissed my cheeks and whispered "ima make sure i get some handcuffs tonight since you trying to be a bad girl" i smirked kissing his lips before he walked to the living room.

"does his phone always o off like that Tanisha?" she said puting a hand on her hips.

"pretty much" i said stuffin my face with pancakes when i looked up i saw concern all over her phone.

"i don like that" she growled and Rome came back in, clearing his throat.

"Alright, i have work late at night so whats the plans?"

"you will be with your mother this morning because i have to work and i get off at 4 so i will pick her up right after" i said excusing myself from the table to get dress. i got in the room and grabbed my phone seeing a missed call from Loli and an unknown number. ignoring the unknown number i called Loli to see what was up.

"hey Loli!" i put her on speaker and undressed

"Hey hun, you free today" she asked

"I'm not boo" i said slipping on my work shirt "I'm on my way to work and after I'm with my mother in law, you could tag along?"

"Yes please I'm dying to get out, only one more week till I'm shipped off"

"You have man man?"

"Know i do girl" she said

"Okay you can meet me at my house when i get off. I'll call?"

"Look forward to hearing from you hun "

I told her likewise and hung up deciding to dial Monie number while i was added but it went straight to voicemail.

I was getting ready to call again when Rome came in. "What you doing?" he asked walking up to me and pulling me in a tight hug.

"Tried to call monie but she ain't answer" he blinked & shrugged.

"She always find a way to call you when she's in trouble, she'll be ite" kissing my forehead he smiles "need a ride?"

I sign snuggling in his arms, "no i don't, as long as i keep my nose clear from meats I'm good"

"And by meats you mean?" he joked i gave him a playful shove

" i need to go" i chuckled and headed out to work. "Bye ma !"

"Have a good day baby !" she said before i walked out. .

.
.
.
.

"So baby shower time & wedding time huh?" Nalen smiles as i clocked in. I looked up at him and smirked

"Yeah seriously though ima be a big a tunka truck on my wedding day with swollen feet"

"Do a beach wedding" he suggested "fr nice breezes, then you'll be able to walk bare foot on the sand & it won't be so hard on your feet like church floors would be but then again its traditional to have a church scene"

"What i was thinking " i chuckled and clapped for joy when he pulled out celery & peanut butter "extra nutty?"

"Yes, yes" he chuckled as we went threw file and retrieve prescriptions. "Hey next week me and a couple of friends are going out, you think you can be free?"

"Ill see how Rome feels about it, I'm sure he'd love to come along" Nalen smiles at me and nods.

"Just let me know"

"I will"

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

There was nothing else for me here, in Alabama. Nanna was healthy so i had no foot in my system. I was 18 & i was 4 weeks pregnant by my cousin Hazel who had Become a coke head and beat me. My Nanna used her disability of blindness as a get away to the beating i took. From him. It all went down hill so fast, i began failing school and my teachers shut me out. I came home to Hazel and Nanny to cook clean and cater Hazel at night time.

He was my husband... A forced marriage encouraged by my Nanna so she could be financially supported when i was 17.

And now i was 18 & i was pregnant. With only $430 to my name and no where to really run to.

It was midnight, Nanna wake sleep and Hazel was smacked and i brought at $75 dollar ticket on the grayhound that only came once every 2 months to New York.