Morning Time

"Happy birthday!" my Nanny Thelma smiled absently staring at me. Hazel stood behind her with a smile as he stared at me intensely. It was a small cake, the only think Nanna could afford being blind and on a series of medication we really only had a small check that came every month, and Hazel's finances too, plus money he made on the side that he never told Nanna or me about and i never asked.
I was 16, and beautiful nust like all my teachers and Nanna's friends said. Nanna would always tell me my beauty was pure but she could not see so i only tapped her small fat hands and planted a kiss onto her cheeks. I knew the woman decent, she raised me dealing with a woman like my mother couldn't had been an easy task and it saddened me seeing his in this state. She had noone to care for her except for me and Hazel and even though my trust for him was little to zero i couldn't leave Nanna hanging and somewhere in his heart i believed he couldn't leave her either but i was 10 when he decided to play around with my body and now i was 16 and the looks he gave my body were worse than the looks he gave me before.

"Baby be ready for tonight, I've reached some of your family in New York and they coming down to see you. It shawl is a lot of dem baby, ooo you going love seeing them cousins of'v yours.. Ain't that right Hazel" Hazel didn't saying anything in response however, he didn't even look happy at this idea of family coming, i didnt know how i felt either. I never met any cousins in my life, all i knew was the house, Nanna and Hazel when it came to family wise "but dont worry hunny, you do not have to share your room wit anybody," she confirmed "but if you don't mind I'll let them take Hazel's room since his is bigger and he can sleep in your room, I'm sure you wont mind right baby?"

"Nanna" i whined seeing Hazel eyes lighten at the sound of this...

"Oh honey hush, no biggie" ...

Was all Nanna said to me before shooing me off and grabbing her cane dismissing herself from the room

When i woke up i laid on top of rommey cuddles against his warm body. I listened to his breathings and was happy he was by my side, since day one he's showed me notjing but loyalty. And together me and him built a home and would be married and probably will be expecting a baby sooner.

He stirred and arms tightened against me, "morning" he mumbled slowly opening his eyes and his lips curled into a smile.

"Good morning" i cheesed massaging his chest "how was your sleep?"

"I should be asking you that" he laughed "what's on your mind though?" he sat up pulling me in his arms and kissing me on my forehead. I couldnt only stare at him and be happy but Rommey and i never talked about kids and although we were financially footed for a child we had to be on the same page.

"We never talked about" i started trying to watch his every expression... "Having a baby..."

He smile noticeably diminished and lips tightened,"kids... I didn't think we wanted kids Tanisha"

"We never talked about it dbut i never said i didnt want any, just never talked about any"

He signed rubbing his hand on his head, "what exactly are you asking my Nish"

"If you want kids?"

"Are you hinting something to me Tanisha? Because I'm not understanding what you saying..." his patience was little which was typical for DeRome but i wanted him to answer my question. I wanted to have this conversation before anticipated the other conversation,i wanted him happy just as i was happy, scared nervous and anxious just as i was feeling.