Part 10 - I Scare, Too

A/N

The girl up there gets a special awesome dedication form me! :D She made me smile with her opinions and stuff, so I thought she deserved something. :D

Previously on Shh.. Secret Princess.....

"Okay, honey. We'll do that, and you just have to agree. But don't do that again," Mom said, not angry anymore aswell.

Mom opened her arms, and I took a step towards them and hugged her as Dad hugged me, too. That's what I love about my parents: their anger seeps out after a while. But this was still surprising, I expected more lectures, I don't know why they let me off easily.

"Now, go up, dear. I bet Annalisa's made up a whole 30 minute speech for you," Mom said and laughed with Dad.

They're being weird today. Wait! Annie! Fuggerts! I'm so dead.

Part 10 - I scare, too

~~~Chancey's POV~~~~

I quietly entered my room, not happy about alerting Annie I'm back up. I sighed as I closed the door quietly and flicked the light on. When I looked back to my bed, I almost had a heart attack.

"Annie!?"

She crossed her arms and stood in front of my bed, eyes narrowed, tapping her foot.

"Thought I forgot 'bout you, huh?"

I gulped and shook my head a little. I may be a prince and future king, but I'm still human, and I do get scared though I don't let it show. Annie's eyes were blazing, really, but her composure was strangely very calm.

"Explain," was all she said.

I knew she wasn't going to say anything else; her word was already clear, and she knows she doesn't need to be repeated. Actually, she hates being told to repeat.

I sighed loudly and sat on the edge of my bed, staring at the blue silk cover.

"I don't know, Annie. I don't know," I said, barely above a whisper, but she heard it; she always does.

"Since you don't know why you did that, I'm just going to make you feel worse."

I looked up at her as she put a hand on her hip and let her other hand fall to her side.

"14 million dollars. It went to various charities C, but you didn't even know what. Your mom told me it went to the church. Sure, you helped a lot, but you blew off all that money. And it didn't even go to something or some people that really need it," she said, rotating her free hand.

"There are millions of starving children out there who barely have anything. There are people out there who can't fend for themselves, let alone eat 3 meals a day. We are polluting the world which we live in. Humans are ignorantly cutting down trees where animals live in. There are millions of stray pets on the street, sick and weak. There are people dying as we speak out of hunger and exhaustion. The world we live in is far from perfect. Animals are being poached and abused right now. People are hurting and suffering somewhere around the world. Life isn't as easy as it is for others. Other people work day and night just to have food. People sacrifice a lot for the people they love. The world is on an imperfect balance. And you just bought a freakin' tiara for 14 million dollars!? It could've been used to feed all the helpless children! We could've saved all the poor doggies on the street! We could've planted trees! We could've used it to help those in need, but, noooo, you used it to buy a tiara! What are you even supposed to do with it, huh!?"

I winced as I heard Annie's disappointment. She was talking really fast, and if I wasn't used to her, I wouldn't have understood anythung.  Believe me, she's not that mad, she's more disappointed than mad. I would be disappointed, too. I 'accidentally' bidded on the tiara for my own selfish reasons, reasons I just realized a few seconds ago.

"Did you lose all your brain cells earlier, or are you this ignorant all the time? I know it's your money to use as you please, but the Chancey  I know doesn't blow off money willy-nilly. And don't tease me about my choice of expressions, mister."

Disappointment shone in her eyes, and I felt soo much worse than when she stated all the good things I could've done with the money; is it even okay to worry less about how much good I could've done?

"Don't go all mopey just because you did what you did---"

I cut her off saying,"I wasn't thinking straight, Annie. I just... I can't tell you.."

I sighed and saw her raise an eyebrow, arms crossed.

"I bought the tiara, I guess, for my own selfish reasons. I don't think you can understand them. But, I'm going to make it up to the world," I said, knowing 'I'm going to make it up to you' would open a door for her very opinionated debate.

She just stared, her eyes urging me to go on. If I make it up to people, she'll see the tiara thing as an eye-opener for me, which it was.

"I'll donate thrice as much money to the orphanages and relief centers than what I used to give. I'll also organize a tree planting movement around the country. And as for the strays, I'll make sure they return home or find a new home. And for those people working too hard and earning so little, I'll make sure they get raises, okay? I promise that this isn't an empty promise. It may take a while and a whole truck of paper work, but it'll be worth it."

I finally looked up from my entwined hands and saw a gentle expression in her eyes, despite trying to feign her own indifference.

"Okay," she finally said, coming over to sit beside me.

"Okay?" I asked, making sure.

"Yes, C. I trust you completely. Sometimes selfishness tends to take over our own right way of thinking; we are human. At least you concluded you'd give back, even if it's because of guilt."

She never ceases to amaze me at all. She's the most understanding person I know, she can understand almost everything, but that doesn't mean she'll let you off, even if she understands your reasons. She's just more into justice than empathy.

~~~~~~~~~Anna's POV~~~~~~~~~~~

I felt like I was falling, appearing from a barren land. Everything abruptly turned dark. Suddenly, I felt the ground dip under my feet, and I actually fell. Everything was dark.