"Um there's been a few break ins around the neighborhood." Stiles said.

"And a murder." Malia added.

"Lydia we need to talk." Jackson said while grabbing her arm pulling her up the stairs.

After a while I looked out the window to see Derek, Isaac, Boyd, and Erica in my front yard.

"Call Scott." Stiles said sternly as I quickly grabbed my phone and dialed Scott's number.

"Scott you need to get here, like now." I said once he picked up.

"What's wrong?" He asked worried.

"They're here." I said before hanging up.

I walked over to see Allison on her phone.

"What are you doing?" Stiles asked confused.

"I think I need to call my dad." Allison said.

"No if he finds you here with Scott then-" I began but she cut me off.

"I know but we have no choice. They aren't here to scare us they're here to kill Lydia." She said sternly as she put her phone to her ear and walked over to the kitchen.

"Where are your parents?" Stiles asked.

"Not here and that's a good thing." Malia said as I looked out the window to see they were still there.

"Can't they help us?" Stiles asked curiously.

"Yes but I'm not bringing my parents into this. This is our battle not theirs." I said sternly.

"I got an idea, just shoot one of them." Stiles said as Allison came back.

"Are you serious?" She asked with wide eyes.

"We told Scott we can protect ourselves so let's do it." I said as they agreed.

"Which one?" Allison asked as she armed her bow.

"Uh -Derek. Yeah, shoot him, preferably in the head." Stiles said making me glare at him.

"Hey idiot, if Scott can catch an arrow inches away from his head so can Derek." I said sternly.

"Then shoot one of his three little minions." Malia said as Allison looked out the window.

"You mean two." Allison said making us all look at her confused.

"No, I mean three." Malia said as I looked out the window.

"Where the hell is Isaac?" I asked worried, Lydia walked down the stairs as we heard a loud bang.

"What was that? What is happening?" Lydia asked confused as we all ran out of the house.

"It's here." I said as I looked up to see the Kanima climbing out of my bedroom window.

"It's Jackson." Scott said as he showed up.

Jackson took off and we all started running after him.

"Where did he go?" Scott asked while everyone looked around.

"Let's split up." Malia said as we all agreed.

Scott and I were running down the street when I saw my mom's car in the middle of the road tipped over.

As we got closer I saw blood and my mom hanging in her seat.

"MOM!" I shouted as I ran towards her.

I listened with my wolf hearing but there was no heartbeat.

Tears began to stream down my face.

"Nikki." Scott said as he grabbed my arm.

I looked at her body seeing slime on it. I touched the goo and examined it.

"He did this." I said realizing it was Kanima goo.

"Nikki." Scott repeated.

"Let's go." I said as I stood up.

"Are you okay?" He asked confused.

"No I'm not, my mother was just killed by the Kanima so we have to go find Jackson before he kills anyone else, once we fix him then I'll cry." I said while walking off.

"Nikki." Scott said but I ignored him.

"Nikki." He said again, this time I stopped.

He turned me around and hugged me real tight.

I bursted into tears, crying into his shoulder.

Why would the Kanima kill my mom?

That wasn't the point, tonight my mother died and I wasn't there to protect her.

This is all my fault.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~
A\N

Tell me what you guys thought by leaving a comment. Thanks for reading. Please vote and share, thanks.