Chapter 4 Back To Work!

Leah's Pov: this was the second time in weeks I had woken without any noise or crying from Noah. And I loved it.

Turning over, I furrowed my eyebrows at the empty spot next to me. Glancing at the door, I overheard the sound of sizzling bacon being made and quickly jumped out the bed.

Pacing into the kitchen, Nathan caught a glimpse of me and quickly blocked the food with his arms. " trust me, I know what I'm doing."

I crossed my arms across my chest and placed my weight on one leg. "Oh, you do?" I smirked. Noah let out a scream of happiness. "Hi Noah." I cooed. " did daddy get you up this morning?"

Nathan quickly turned around to face us."yes daddy did because, daddy is going to be a good dad like he promise he was and is going to prove Landon wrong."

"Is that all you think about?" I walked up to him, raising my eyebrow.

" no," he scoffed." You may not see it, Leah. But I'm actually trying to be a good dad. I don't think you remember but I didn't just tell you I was gonna prove him wrong, I promised to you that I wasn't going to do this baby like I did Noah, and I'm not."

" whatever," I breathed." I'm going back to work today, so I guess that could give you some time to bond with Noah." Nathan nodded, grinning down at me before kissing my lips sweetly.

He walked back over to the counter and began chopping some fruit up. Walking behind him, I wrapped my arms around his body and pressed my lips against his back. "Do you even know what your doing?" I mumbled into his back.

"Yes." He responded. I detached from him as he turned around with a smirked on his face. I squealed as Nathan picked me up.

I hung upside down, my legs on top of his shoulders. "Nathan!" I cried as he gripped my wrist to stop me from fighting him. "Let me go!"

"Say Nathan is the best chief in the whole wide world!"

"Hello no!"

"Say it!"

"No!"

"Say it!"

"Okay," I wined, all the blood flowing to my head. " Nathan is the best chief in the whole wide world... Now put me down!"

Nathan sat me on my feet and my blood rushed back down my body. " I hate you." I spat, walking over to my phone that was sitting on the counter and checking my notifications.

" you love me." Nathan chuckled, beginning to chop fruits up again. I quickly read through my un open text and emails.

Text from Vena: are you coming back to work? Y'know, it's still half your boutique to, Leah.

To Vena: I'll come in today, I promise ;)

Email from Lora Garcia

Mrs Bradley, you and your husband are running out of time. I am warning you, if you don't sue or charge Taylor Delany, I'm afraid they will set her free. We really need to schedule a meeting in my office. I'll be expecting a email back. Your lawyer, Lora Garcia.

"Hey Nathan?" I called, looking up from my phone.

"Hm?"