Chapter 8 His Friends

Leah's Pov : I wanted to ask Nathan and I almost did, until his phone went off. He picks it up and began reading a message.

"oh, this is great." Nathan grins.

"what?" I ask.

"my friends wanna come see me." He responds. I look back at the television.

"is that okay with you?" He sound concerned.

"yeah, I'm okay." I reply, keeping my stare on the tv.

"great because, I've just made friends with your friends because they live around the area." He states.

'Ugh why are we still talking about this' I thought.

"my friends don't live around this and if you have a prob-"
I stopped him by placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Nathan, I just said I'm fine with it". I state.

"okay, " he smiles looking back to his phone. my mouth wanted to shout it out but my brain kept yelling no.

"why does everyone consider us a couple?" I blurt out then cover my mouth still looking at the television. He looks at me and smiles .

"I don't know, does it bother you?" He questions.

"no... I just wonder. "I lied.

We stared at each other then I break it looking back at the television.

He places his phone back down and stares at me.

"what?" I ask.

"nothing, baby. " he smiles, putting his arm around me.

"im not your baby. " I mutter, getting up and walking to my room.

I sit at my desk opening up my laptop. I click on my reading app and begin reading a book . It's called ' first love ' And I was on a good part.

'I saw him. I saw him and he saw me and I freaked out . He's walking, he's walking towards me!' I read.

"hey,sweetheart. " hear a voice interrupt me from a far. I roll my eyes quickly exiting out the app. Nathan walks up towards me.

"what's that?" he asks,glancing down at my laptop.

"nothing. " I sigh, shutting the lid.

Nathan picks up my laptop and sits on the edge on the desk.

I turn around facing him.

He looks up at me and smiles.

"you read? " He ask.

"doesn't everyone." I reply.

"not me." he grins .

"okay, you've seen enough." I say, attempting to grab my laptop but he stops me.

'why do I even try.' I thought?

I see his fingers move around on the touch pad again.

He grins at me again.

"you write! " he smiles.

"okay, that's enough. " I say, taking my laptop out of his hands and closing it.

"this is amazing, your a book worm!" he laughs.

"I'm not a book worm, I just love to read... and write." I say placing the laptop back on my desk.

"so a book worm." he comfirms, turning towards me.

"you know what, you've been hearing all this secrets about me, you know.. That I can actually pay for this apartment, that I'm a 'book worm' as you would call it but, when am I gonna hear some secrets about you?" I ask.

"uh, I gotta go. " he stutters, standing up and beginning to walk out the room.

"wait, why?" I ask feeling concern.

"my friends live all the way across town, and there driving hours to see me, I have to go greet them."He says putting on his coat.

"well, can we have this conversation later?" I ask.

There was no answer just a door slam.

******
I sit on the couch watching a new episode of Pretty Little Liars when I here a knock on the door.

I cut off the tv and open the door to find Nathan and six of his friends next to him.

" Leah this is Mia, Grant, Val, Chase, West and Taylor. " they all wave.

"wow, that's a lot of names to remember. " I smile. They laugh at my comment . "come in. " I say moving out the way of the entrance. We all sit on the couch and begin talking. " so you guys are all visiting?" I ask .

"actually we have an surprise. "  Grant grins, turning to Nathan. "We're all staying! "Grant yells and everyone cheers.

I sit there in awkwardness wondering if I'm suppose to cheer or not.

"yay!" I yell, throwing a fist up in the air .

They continue talking and I sneak out the living room in back into my room.

I open up my laptop and began reading were I left off : He's walking towards me and I can't believe it " hi." I say waving my hand towards him and then he passes me, he passes me up I tell you! I turn around to see where he has gone, he's gone, gone to hug and flirt with another girl.

"hey, you snuck out. " I hear the voice I heard earlier. I slap my laptop shut and hold it in my arms. "don't worry, Leah. I'm not gonna take you computer away."
I stare at him, a piece of my blonde hair hides on of my eyes. "hey do you mind if they stay the night, there all suppose to get their new apartments in the morning." He ask. I black out. "uh, Leah." he says waving his hand in my face.

"uh, yeah. " I stutter.

"great." he says walking out to leave the room.

"wait!" I say as he is about to turn the doorknob.

"yeah?"

" what about the arrangement?" I ask.

"we can sleep in there with them, they won't notice a thing."He says opening the door and shutting it behind him.

*******
Here we are. All eight off us in the living room. Pillows, covers and looking like an eight year old sleepover jumping in our pajamas.

I sit on the couch texting vena when a some girls come up to me.

"hey, do you mind if we hang with you ?" Mia ask me.

" no, of course you can. " I smile, scooting over to make room on the couch.

They sit next to me and we watch the boys in the kitchen eating pizza, trying to catch candy in there mouths and joking around.

"how long have you guys known Nathan? " I ask, placing my phone in my lap.

"since the sixth grade, we all just kind off clicked and we were called sexy seven." Val says, and I giggle.

I see Taylor leaned back against the couch not bonding, just sitting on her phone.

"hey, are you okay ?" I ask her.

"yeah, I'm just more... laid back." She replies.

"so, how's it like living with Nathan?" Mia ask.

"I think he's bipolar." I say.

They all giggle at the comment, even Taylor.

" I heard that." Nathan says from the kitchen and we laugh even harder .
******
I check my phone to see what time it is .

'4:37' I thought .

It was pitch black in the living room and the only sound was the clock ticking away in the kitchen .

Everyone was sleep but me .

I thought about what Nathan and I were talking about earlier , how he knew a lot of secrets of mine and I didn't know none of his .

I feel a hand come over my waist and rub my belly .

" go to sleep " Nathan whispers in my ear . I shut my phone off and lay my head back down . We are gonna finish that conversation in the morning.