Chapter 68 Gails Gone Forever!

*a few days later*
Nathan's Pov: I leaned my back against island table, crossing my arms across my chest and stared at Landon who was sipping on a glass of lemonade." It's quieter than it usually is." He mumbled through the cup.

He was right. Not one sound touched the city after what happened to Gail. " yeah well, when something that brutal happens in this small city, everyone keeps their mouth shut. Because they know if they open it, they'll be next.."

" what do you mean?" Landon questioned, furrowing his eyebrows. Of course he didn't know. He left me after highschool and went to Las Vegas. But not for college. Landon didn't go to college. He left so he could fuck up every girl in Vegas. That's why that place is like that now.

" we hear about.. You know, people who go out.. looking for the people who killed their friends and families and end up getting killed their selfs. Investigators don't do shit. Do you know how many unsolved cases in this county? In this city. It's all a bunch of ass."

" damn." He murmured before glancing around the room." Where's Leah?"

" sleep."

" you said that hours ago." He squinted his eyes.

" she's been ' sleep' for three days now. She hasn't walked out that room not once in three days. Leah's upset. depressed. sick. tired." I stated.

" damn man. Shouldn't you like take her to.. therapy or something?"

I squinted my eyes." Please. if Leah wouldn't let me take her to therapy over her broken foot she's definitely not gonna let me take her to therapy over this." A breath left my mouth.
" Are you going to Gail's funeral?"

" sure. Even though we never met, she was a fine little one." Landon smirked but quickly dropped it." It's devastating."

Suddenly, the sound of a door swung open. Leah stepped in the kitchen with black sweatpants, shortsleeve shirt and her hair thrown up in a top knot.

" there's my girl!" I yelled across the room. She continued the walk in the kitchen. Grabbing her arm, I pulled her into a hug, though she didn't hug back." You hungry?"

" actually, that's what I came out for." I detached from her and she walked over to the counter and pulled an green apple out the fruit bowl.

" Leah, that's nothing." I crossed my arms. She stared at me and took the slowest, most dramatic bite out the apple before turning around and making her way back to the room.

I looked over at Landon who had a big smile on his face. He began singing; " Nathan can't handle his girl! Nathan can't handle his girl!"

I rolled my eyes." I'll be right back." I mumbled to him and began walking out the kitchen. Making my way into our room, I glanced in.

Leah laid in the middle of the bed, her feet hanging off with her apple in her hand and her eyes closed. " Leah." I called, but she didn't respond." Today's Gail's funeral. Are you going?"

She glanced up at me and squinted her eyelids before laying her head back down."Why would I not go?"

I began slowly walking over to her." Well, you haven't seen actual daylight in three days. Maybe you thought you could make it four." She didn't respond. Walking over to her bed side, I pressed the home button of her phone.

25 miss calls from Vena.
2 miss calls from dad.
4 miss calls from mom.
1 miss call from Warren.
1 miss call from Parker.
1 miss call from Charles.

" uh Leah. It seems like some people wanna talk to you." I hold up her phone. Not even glancing at it, she shrugged and repositioned herself on the bed." Okay, this isn't happening today."