THE HYBRID: PRIME'S HEAT- CHAPTER FIFTEEN

LAYLA’S P.O.V

I could feel Dart’s gaze on my back and from the looks of it or rather the feel of it, his slow perusal was going south. Typical male! Dax bounded up the stairs screaming something about picking a room that left Dart and I alone.

'see what you like Tegg?’ I couldn’t help but ask when Dax was out of earshot.

'Nay Sullivan, I more than just like,’ he smirked. 'Actually I love!’ he drawled at me in reply. 'Motherhood really becomes you,’ he continued, frowning when I shook my head vigorously in denial.

'If that’s your macho way of saying that I am fat, then I appreciate your discreetness,’ I replied sarcastically, pushing a stray strand of hair behind my ear.

'no…not so fast Sullivan,’ he said when I tried turning my back at him, he caught my arm; turning me around so I was now facing him.

'oh no, don’t tell me there’s more on Motherhood 101,’ I muttered but he just smiled and continued.  'Layla you had a great body back then but now your body is definitely better looking. You’ve added in places that count, you are not fat okay. You are extremely beautiful,’ he said as he grasped my chin, raising my face so I could look into his eyes.

This was so not a good idea; I take back what I said about this being easy because so far so good, this was way beyond easy. Why did I let Dax and Dart persuade me into staying? Maybe it’s because you can’t say no to both of them, my sub supplied. Maybe, just maybe I thought as I scrambled out of his hold.

'I can’t stay. I didn’t bring my PJ’s and stuff; I don’t have my toothbrush with me, my make up kit… Dart I really have to go,’ I said trying to put myself together. I know I said that I could handle Dart but that was before he said I was extremely beautiful.

'but you promised mum,’ Dax said from somewhere behind me. Oh no! Not this! Not now! I didn’t hear him come down, how could I when Dart was busy flashing his dimpled grin at me?

'Uhmm sweetie…,’ I started calmly but was cut short when Dart said, 'You can use my shirt as a pj and I’ve got an extra toothbrush in my bathroom. You can use that, I don’t mind. About the make-up, you can drop by the house tomorrow before going to work,’ Dart said.

'Stop trying to run off, it’s not like I persuaded you to stay so I could jump your bones,’ he whispered to me.

'I…,’ I started. 'Do it for Dax if not for me,’ Dart continued, I turned to see Dax look at me with puppy dog eyes. Oh no! I am not giving in! Not now!

'Okay sweetie I’ll stay,’ I said putting a smile on my face, his face lit up like a Christmas tree when I said that.

'Yay!’ he screamed as he ran past me to Dart, High-fiving him and pumping his baby fist in the air. I turned to Dart giving him a what-the-hell look, he just shrugged at me and grinned in reply.

'That wasn’t so hard right?’ Dart asked as he hoisted Dax above his shoulder. 'C’mon get that look off your face, it won’t be that bad,’ Dart said in a sing song voice causing Dax to squeal and laugh.

'I know,’ I replied playfully swatting his hands away. 'It’s just that I’ve never done this before, this sleep over thing so I don’t know what to expect,’ I replied tickling Dax’s bare feet. Now where were his sneakers?

'Well you did have a sleep over with me once, remember?’  Dart replied dropping Dax so he could run off to the sitting room, giving us a little privacy.

I was about telling him that that wasn’t the same as this but was interrupted when Dax came running back into the room. He dragged Dart away, saying something in the lines of ‘’you’ve got to see this, SpongeBob is on”. Dart looked helpless and way out of his depths, he mouthed a “help me” to me but I just chuckled and shooed them away.