THE HYBRID: PRIME'S HEAT- CHAPTER NINE

DART’S P.O.V

 After dropping my son at school, I got a call from my dad. He wanted to see me, so instead of making my way to Layla’s office as I had planned to earlier, I made my way to Dad’s house: also my old house. I was filled with nostalgia about my youthful days. I could still remember when Layla was the girl who had a mouth filled with braces and how Dean and I used to taunt her about them. Look at how beautiful that same girl has turned out to be, who would have thought that she would turn out this sexy and pretty too? Definitely not Dean and I.

Dean……….

Yeah yeah I still miss my brother lots……the crazy thing we did together….like feeling girls up at school, laying ambush for a teacher we hated, partying hard, getting any girl we wanted…..DAMN!!.....i really do miss my brother but one thing about this whole thing is that I don’t hate the future I have today. Though having a son at 22 was not part of the plan yet I loved the man I am today.

‘Are you going to sit there all day or you are going to come in and hear what I have to say’ Dad yelled from the door

When did I get here? I was so lost in thought that I didn’t notice that I had gotten to the house

‘Coming dad’ I called back at him

I walked into the house taking in how the house had changed since the last time I had been there, now it had more of a masculine touch than it did when mum was still alive. I do miss my mum too, she was the best cook ever, well apart from Bart that is. It’s really a sad thing that she had to die not long after Dean, I know my Dad was probably still mourning them but he will never show that he was.

‘good morning Dad, what was so urgent that you had me rush down here for?’

‘so a father and son time isn’t urgent?’ he asked smiling

‘Father and son time?’

‘Yeah, it’s a time when we get to know ourselves better, you know you’ll tell me about your recent conquests, your life for the past 4 years and I’ll also tell you something about mine that you’ve missed. You know we could go fishing too’

‘Dad you are kidding me right?’

He laughed out loud. ‘You should have seen your face son. Well that’s not why I called but we do need to do that sometime you know’

‘Yeah sometime, later’

He smiled at me; I did miss my dad too. In fact I think I missed the whole Tegg clan

‘so why did you call?’ not that I was in a hurry or something but I just felt like Layla needed company, call me paranoid but this days my instincts seem to be stronger than my will

‘ I need to check for anomalies in your system’ Dad said finally

‘okay, so what do you need for that?’

‘urine samples, DNA, I think I’ll get that from you saliva and also sperm samples’

SPERM SAMPLES!! I almost choked on my saliva

‘ummmmm……Dad? Sperm samples??.....how do I get that for you?’

‘c’mon son I do know that you slept at Layla’s place last night…….’

‘nothing happened’ I countered

‘……but you wish something did, so use your imagination and get me that sample’

‘Dadddddd……..’ I whined

WTF!! My family did know how to really embarrass me.

‘it’s not like Layla is going to know or something’ my dad defened