Chapter 22 (Lasercorn/David's POV)

2:41am

"Amra! David!" I hear Olivia's panicked voice over the roar of the cable car.  Why would Olivia be calling for us?  Surely they turned on the cable car?

         "Girls?  What is it?" I yell back, but I get no answer.  Did they ditch us?  I turn to Amra, who's also looking worriedly at the station.  "Come on." I say as I approach the wall.  "Boost me up."

         He holds his hands up for me to step on and pushes me up on top of the station.  I reach back down to grab him and pull him up.  As I do, though he accidentally twists my wrist sideways and I let go.  He drops heavily into the snow.

         "Ow!  What the hell?" he exclaims angrily.

         "You can't complain!"  I say, holding my wrist.  "You're the one who hurt me!"

         "Just help me up." he says angrily.  "The girls need us."  I reach back down to help him up, and then we hurry to the opposite side of the roof, which hangs over the cliff.  I'm shocked to see the cable car more than twenty feet away from us, still moving, and a pair of boots crossed above the wire behind it.  Then I see Mari drop from behind the car, plummeting to the forest below.

         "MARI!" I scream, but it's no use.  "Stupid!" I berate myself.  "You couldn't have put aside your own issues for a second to help them!  You knew they needed help!"

         Just then, the cable car stops moving.  A pair of hands grabs on to the far edge, and I watch as Olivia hauls herself up on top of the car.  "I'm sorry." she cries, and I notice the tear trails on her face shining in the moonlight.  "I didn't have I choice, or we both would've fallen.  I had to-"

         "It's okay." Amra cuts her off.  "Just come back."  Olivia lowers herself back onto the wire and inches towards us.  As she reaches the overhang we're standing on, I reach down towards her, but she keeps moving.

         "I can still get into the station." she says.  Just then, there's a loud snap and the wire sags downwards.  I lunge forwards and wrap my hands around her leg as both the wire and the cable car fall away from the station.  Olivia hangs there in shock as Amra helps me pull her up.

            "Let's get off this rusted hunk ofmetal." I mutter, and we return the way we came, relaxing a bit only when we'reback on the snowy ground.

A/N: Sorry, I know this is a really short chapter, but there's some significant stuff in it ;)  Next one is longer, too, and kinda exciting.

-Smoshgamesgirl_27