Chapter 18 (Flitz/Amra's POV)

1:09am

Everyone is silent as Sam finishes her story.  About how her friends were all murdered on this mountain.  And about how the only other survivor was mentally insane, sick enough to making a friggin game out of everything that had happened, just to get money.  We are literally living in the game Until Dawn right now.

         "So Josh can now use his sister to control the other Wendigos." Sam says.

         "Ummm...just, can we call him something else?" I ask, cringing at the name.  "One of our friends named Josh was killed."

         "What happened.  Tell me everything." Sam says.  I try to remember every detail from the night as we tell her what's happened so far.

         When we finish, Sam speaks.  "It almost seems like Josh – sorry, Washington – is trying to recreate the events of that night." she says almost thoughtfully.  "Me and the towel, Matt and Emily with the watchtower, even Chris having to choose between Ashley and Josh himself: which friend to save and which to kill.  Or maybe it's just a coincidence."

         "Wait, why are you even up here in the first place?" Mari asks.

         "Sometime earlier this year, Washington orchestrated a mining accident to create new Wendigos for him to use.  I heard about the accident, knew Washington was alive and insane, and decided to do something about it." Sam explains.  "I've been coming up here for a while each month to try and kill some of the Wendigos.  I don't exactly know how many are left."

         "How do you get up here, though?  Is there another way down the mountain?" I ask hopefully, but she shakes her head.

         "Sorry.  I usually do take the cable car up here, but I prop open the door so it doesn't lock.  If it's shut, I can't help you until daytime." Sam replies.  "Though I'm not sure if there's another way into the station."

         "I doubt it." Mari says.  "Courtney said there was only one door."  She frowns.  "I hope Courtney's okay."  I immediately feel guilty, since I was the one who dropped the First Aid kit.

         "Can we stay here the rest of the night?" Ian asks Sam, who begins to nod before I interrupt.

         "Seriously!" I say.  "What about everyone else?  The lodge clearly isn't safe.  We should go get them."

         "It's probably too late already!" Ian counters angrily.  "I don't want to walk up to the lodge and see another Matt.  I will never be able to unsee what I did to him."

         "You think that's bad?" Sam says quietly.  "Being in this type of situation does horrible things to people.  They do things to save themselves and only themselves."

         "May I ask what happened?" I ask tentatively.

         "I stood by when Ashley refused to let Chris into the lodge when he was in danger, and when Mike shot Emily in the head even though she was harmless.  I blew up the lodge even though Mike and Ashley were still inside.  Is that enough for you?  Oh, and I watched somebody who's name I didn't even know get his fucking head ripped off by a Wendigo." she finishes angrily.

         "Wait, wasn't that someone else who was there?" Mari blurts out.  "One of the boys?"

         Sam glares at her.  "Don't necessarily believe everything the game tells you." she mutters.  She takes a deep breath.  "I'm sorry.  It's just...I've been through a lot up here."

         "It's okay." I say, "but we can't leave our friends."

         "Then what do you suppose we do?" asks Ian.

         "Let's head back to the lodge." Mari says.  "We'll lock ourselves all up in a room and wait until morning."

         "Then I'm coming with you." Sam cuts in.  "If you encounter any of the Wendigos, I can help." she holds up her shotgun and flamethrower.  "I have an extra pistol if anyone wants it.  It won't do much against the Wendigos, but if we can use it if we come across Washington."

         "I'll take it." I say, and she hands the gun over to me.  I tuck it into my waistband.

         "Okay.  What are we waiting for?" says Ian shakily, and we ascend the ladder back to the surface.

A/N: Hey guys I have a ton of homework this week, so idk how much time I'll have to work on Trapped, which I'm planning on rewriting a bit. Good news, though, is that I've finished rewriting Frozen, so check that out!

-Smoshgamesgirl_27💙