Because I Promised

Long chapter again 😊
CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT last chapter😭

Almost time for her flight but Namjoon has a few things he wanted to do before she leaves in a few hours.

AN: there are flashbacks in bold

--

When I finally arrive at the bench by the café, there is still 5 minutes before I am supposed to meet him. I decided to wear my favorite skinny jeans, with a white shirt and my favorite black beanie with an "S" on it and converse. I didn't want to admit that I had spent way too much time thinking about my outfit and my makeup- which in my opinion was model level- but nonetheless I looked great for a... date. Is this a date?

I hadn't realized how cold it had gotten until my breath began to turn into white clouds in front of me, the image distracting me from a figure walking up from behind , smiling cockily to himself as he watches me zone out.

It was just like the first time.

Although the air wasn't as cold like that day, rain was falling lightly from the skies, and this time I saw him before he could but I still allowed him the moment to surprise me by wrapping his arms around me from behind and I chuckle softly to as we lean our heads together.

"You are aware we could have gone to dinner, or watched a movie at your place , or ...you know- not been in the rain?'' I say, turning in his arms to face him and place my hands on his shoulders to pull him down for a quick kiss, admiring the way the street lamp above us made his hair glow in a warm peachy color.

"No we couldn't! This is the only thing we could have done." he retorts, grinning and hugging me tightly to him so that he could spin me a little, then putting me back on the ground.

''Its good to see you." He murmurs while he refrains from smirking by biting down on his lip and my eyes immediately zone in on the movement, the deep breath that I drew in thankfully pulling me away from my not-so-innocent thoughts.

"Its good to see you too, Clumsy guy- shall we go get coffee?" I ask to make stop staring at his lips.

"Of course! I know a great place...."

"What did we do next then?" I ask- although it wasn't like I didn't have that night burned into my brain for eternity, somehow subconsciously knowing it was going to be important.

"I believe we got coffee.'' he murmurs as he swoops in to place a kiss on my lips, leaving me slightly stunned as always whenever he was spontaneous, and snaking his arms back from my waist to slide his hand into mine, smiling happily to himself as he begins to pull me along.

"I think you might be right, Clumsy guy..."

I chuckle at him when he turns to grin at me, proud of himself for having memorized the way I like my coffee, and something other than butterflies begins to grow in my stomach, a warmth that had nothing to do with excitement for Namjoon, but more an affection and a want to love him so perfectly and utterly that I pause as you watch him carefully pass me my coffee, only just catching his smirk as he realizes I've zoned out again.

"Baby?" he murmurs, bringing me back to the moment, and I can feel the blush heat my cheeks as I take the paper coffee cup from him and proceed to hold it in one hand as I slide the other into his, my eyes moving from my cup to his as I remember that he was more clumsy than I was..

"What were you thinking about a minute ago?" he asks, as we make our way down the river path, taking the same route I taken with him the first time and sighing in contentment as I sip my coffee and feel the warmth of his hand in mine.

"I was thinking about...well, I was thinking about that morning..."

"At least tell me when you have to go back" he tries to cut in, watching me root through his dresser to find a shirt and some boxers to wear as shorts, but I'm already sprinting over to the door.

"I'm going to go and get coffee and see if anyone else-" I say as I reach the door, getting it half open before its slammed shut again and I see Namjoon's arm right by my head.

''Seoyeon...''

" Three...three days, Namjoon...." I whisper.

There is silence for a few minutes as the words sink in, watching as his hand slides down the door to turn to face him, before pulling me into him, his face getting lost in my hair as his arms surround me and I hug him back.

There is nothing either of us can say to make the situation better and we both know that. We simply stand there for ages holding one another, the urge to move, to feel time passing again being a concept neither of us wants to acknowledge.