She took one and flicked through it and continued looking around. Tiny images floated on the walls. She touched a D it looked carved deeply.

Ignoring the D she flung the door open and grabbed a book trying to focus, before she fell asleep.

Dominic ++++

"Yes Mrs Anthony we will get that looked at." Dominic gestured to his steward to write it down and turned back to the strewn woman.

"He, he took everything, my lord." The woman hiccupped as tears streamed down her face, Dominic was aghast he hated these situations. It was uncomfortable for him he wasn't a man of emotion and being an earl he needed to make sure his tenets were comfortable and happy. Even if that included listening to another sob story, he almost rolled his eyes.

Instead he straightened his shirt slightly trying to make use of his bored fingers. He had been here for over an hour, the school visit taking longer than expected and a council meeting was suddenly of need of Dominic's assistance he had missed lunch to fulfil Francis wishes.

He returned his focus onto the woman.

Her husband had left her taking all of his valuable possessions with him and she had been disowned by her family. Calling the lord, he was now in her house which was just filled with plain furniture, refusing tea they both knew she couldn't afford and trying to find out where her damned husband could be.

"We must go Madam but I assure you we will be in contact," The woman nodded sadly.

"My lord I-I what should I do next?"

Dominic wanted to shrug and head home, he had enough of hearing others problems when he had enough himself. His upcoming wedding unplanned, he was too busy and she that insufferable little woman was too much.

He sighed. "I will be in contact you need a job and a servant shall bring some food for the week .You should hopefully have a job by then,

"Maybe you would do well as a cook or cleaner. I should find someone," He looked around the house. Simply decorated most of their valuable possessions were gone and the parlour was left with some ripped sofas, cushions and the straw floor. She would need that job, especially with rent coming up soon.