Trip

***A few weeks later***

Danis POV

Louis helps to hold me up as we walk into my house. We walk to the lounge room and I lay my head on Louis lap and lay across the couch. My head hurts. I still get small bits of pain from the surgery every now and again.

Louis runs his hand through my hair and it slightly makes my head feel better. Arthur and Lorelei are staying with Caitlin and Harry for the night in a hotel so I can rest a bit.

"You feeling okay?" Louis asks.

"I hurt and I'm exhausted." I tell him.

"Want to go to bed?" He asks.

"No, I've been in a hospital for way to long." I tell him.

"You are still recovering from the surgery." Louis tells me.

"I'm fine, I would still be in the hospital if I wasn't." I reply. I feel his finger gently run over my scar from surgery.

"I know, but if you're tired you should sleep." Louis says. We stay as we are for a while and I feel myself slowly start to fall asleep.

"I'm still sorry about you and Victoria." I tell Louis.

"I'm sorry about you and Jason." Louis says and shake my head.

"No you're not." I smile.

"Well neither are you." He replies and I shrug my shoulders.

"I think I need to sleep." I tell Louis and I get up.

"Careful." Louis says as I slightly stumble. I hold onto Louis arm to stay steady and keep my balance.

"I'm good." I tell him. Walking has been a bit hard since my surgery so I've been doing lots of physio therapy.

"No you aren't." Louis says picking me up bridal style as I start to become unsteady.

"I can walk." I mumble to him.

"Not when you're this tired." He tells me. He walks into my room and places me on the bed. He kneels down next to my bed and runs his hand through my hair. "Good night beautiful." Louis says kissing my forehead.

"Good night." I drowsily say back. He stands up and walks out the door and I close my eyes and fall asleep.

***

I rub my eyes and look at the clock that reads 10am. I sit up and slowly get out of bed. I slowly and carefully walk out my room and down the hall. I stop when I hear a door open and I look up to see Louis with a towel around his waist. He runs his hand through his hair and turns his head and looks at me. I start to lose my balance and fall to the ground.

"Hey careful." Louis says kneeling down next to me and helping me up.

"You're looks literally knocked me off my feet." I say giggling.

"Come on up you get." Louis smiles and helps me up.

"Louis, I really appreciate you being here." I say looking up at him.

"Anything for you." He smiles putting my hair behind my ear. I bite my bottom lip and look down. I walk into the kitchen as Louis walks into his bed room and closed the door.

I start making French toast and Louis walks in.

"Hey you sit down and I'll cook." Louis says.

"I can cook, you can't." I tell him and smile.

He smiles back and sits on the bench. I put the bread in the pan and start cooking it. I place the toast on a plate and give it to Louis. I make mine and then sit on the bench next to him.