Chapter Twenty-Three

If you look closely... You can see Niall's spit...

*whispers* I want to lick it.

9:07 pm.

Yaser was sitting on the couch comfortably as he reads a medical book with his pointed finger tracing every words while humming from the classical music coming from his laptop. He's alone on his study room until he heard someone knock twice on the door, then the door knob turn as it opened revealing his son, Niall with a sad look on his face.

"Dad, can I talk to you?" Niall asked, walking closer to him in the couch.

Yaser put down the book on his lap then when he looked up to his son, he noticed somethings wrong on his hand. Panic rise onto him as he frantically grab Niall's wrist and check his bandaged hand.

"What's wrong with you hand, Niall?!" Yaser asked raising his voice. "When did you get hurt? Why didn't you tell me?!"

"I-I didn't think it was serious-" Niall whispered in a shaky tone, he's quite scared to what's gonna happen to him right now especially his dad never raised his voice to him. "And It's not getting better, why is it like this dad?"

Yaser grabbed his reading glasses then he unwrapped the bandaged around Niall's hand, he studied the damage taken. "The wound is deep..." He glance up to his son and said, "When is that 'time of the month'?"

"Next week." Niall mumbled.

Yaser nods in understanding, "I'll decrease the amount of medication." He said.

"Medication?"

"You know, that medication," Yaser said, "It's probably of that medication that your wound is not healing well. If we lower the amount, it will be fine. Don't worry too much."

"Is it okay to lower the amount?" Niall asked worriedly, "That medicine is for-"

Yaser sighed, he stood up from the couch and held Niall shoulders and squeezed it in for reassurance. "It's been a very long time and you're stable. It will be fine if we lower half of it." He gave him a sad smile and and remove his hands, "About this-" He pointed the wound, "This is a secret from your mom."

"Okay..." Niall nodded his head.

"Don't worry and go to sleep."

He took a step, heading its way to the door, he glanced back at his dad and said, "You should go to bed, too, dad." Before he closed the door behind.

It was quarter to ten in the evening and Niall was sleeping peacefully on his bed, soft snores escaping out from his mouth. But his slumber was broken by the sound of his phone, ringing and vibrating on the bedside table.

Groaning from being awaken, he reached for his phone and grab it on the table then answered it without looking at the caller's ID.

"Hello?"

-

Zayn woke up from the click sound of the door being opened and a slow footsteps outside his room. He sat up and removed the sheet then swing his legs out the bed hitting the cold surface on his feet.

-

"What are you doing at this hour, Harry?" Niall asked Harry, he's wearing a black beanie, ripped black skinny jeans and a plain white shirt. He's panting hard, Niall thought obviously that he was running.

"I want so see you all of the sudden."

Before Niall can say anything, he was crushed by Harry's body, arms wrapped around his shoulder. The blonde boy tensed as his cheek flushed when he felt the curly haired boy's head buried on his neck.