Chapter Sixteen

"Weren't you sleeping over at your friend's house?"

Maura asks with a concern written on her face, she look to his son waiting for the answer but he ignored her question as he stepped inside the house and make his way upstairs. She sighed, but then the door opened again to see Zayn, sweats dripping down on his temple and forehead, he past his mom and went upstairs, she guessed that he's been running the whole time.

Zayn followed him, once he's top of the stairs, he saw Niall entered his room on the right. He took a deep breath before he starts to walk calmly on his way to his bedroom door, he held the door knob but when he tried to turn it. It was lock.

Zayn let out short sigh and leaned his forehead over the door and let out a small chuckle, he was glad that he saw him in the taxi vehicle after he make his way outside the park. He felt relieve, now that Niall is here.

Niall laid on his dark bedroom, staring blankly into space as he remembers the words Harry said about him.

I'm not joking around.

He's one of my first love.

It's strictly one-sided love.

"Liar," Niall mumbled through his
pillow. "What a big liar."

Suddenly, his phone rang, lights blinking on and off beside him. He slowly reach for it and unlocks it. One message from Harry.

He tapped his phone to read it.

I'm outside your house, come out for a minute.

I'll explain everything, please come out.

Without thinking twice, he sat up on his bed and turn off his phone then place it on the bedside table. He went back and closes eyes until he falls on his slumber.

Harry was gasping slowly from running on his way to Niall's and Zayn's house, he wiped the sweats that trickled down his chin. His right arm is aching, pain coming back after Niall fell on his arms.

After he sent a message to Niall that he's here, he kept on waiting and waiting but he didn't reply, not even open the door for him.

He check the time on his watch, it's already quarter to twelve midnight already.

"Dammit!" He cursed to himself, "I'm such an idiot!"

He leaned his back at the brick wall near at their house, Things can't be going wrong now! He thought to himself.

Not after I made it this far!

Next Morning.

"Harry? He already left," Desmond answer on the phone.

"I guess he went to school already..."

A women in the speaker spoke as Desmond just nod to her.

"I don't know what he's thinking," Desmond said over the phone, "Yesterday, just out of the blue, he brought a boy over in the middle of the night."

"..."

Desmond sighed when the women doesn't say anything.

"Sister-in-law, You haven't told Harry, have you?" He asked, "Please don't tell him needless story, I'm begging you, alright?"

After that, they both end the call as the sister-in-law stared to her phone blankly.

"It's too late brother-in-law, sorry."