Laced - Chapter 28 (Realizations)

Start from the beginning

Abby looked stunned, hurt filling her crystal blue eyes. But I couldn't care.

"You think that I was going to ask you to come with me, didn't you? But I wasn't. I was going to apologize, Abigail. Because I knew I shouldn't have forced the whole thing on you. But you can take the fucking apology and throw it in the trash, or down the drain, or whatever you fucking like, because you don't deserve it. You're a self conceited bitch." I growled vehemently.

Her jaw dropped at my words, and she sputtered. "Harry- I didn't know, I'm sorr-"

I raised a hand, cutting her off. "No, Abby, I don't want to hear it." I repeated her words back to her, glaring. I quickly turned around, running an angry hand through my curls as I stormed out of the room.

As I slammed the door shut behind me, Liam looked up at me from behind the nurses' desk, his expression shocked. "Harry, what happened? Are you okay?"

"Just fucking dandy, Liam. Give me ten minutes, I'm going back to my room to go to the bathroom. I'll be back."

He stood up off the rolly chair at the desk, and put a hand on my shoulder. "Alright. It's okay, Harry, it's okay."

I just shook my head. "It's not, Liam. But thank you for those few minutes alone in the room - I've realized that I'm just wasting my time here." Without another word, I turned around and headed out of the hospital wing.

As I rushed angrily back to my room, I realized that I had been so stupid. I had been wasting my time with Abby, just like I had wasted my time with Perrie so many years ago.

Girls were going to be girls, and the female gender is the most stubborn thing ever created. There was no point in reasoning with them. If you could reason with them, then they wouldn't be called girls.

I threw open my door, glaring at my bed.

Yes, I had been wasting my time, all this time. No matter what I did, how hard I tried, Master Zayn would always win. He'd get the girl, and there was no other option.

I was always going to lose.

And there was nothing I could do about it.

--

Amber's POV

Niall had his arm slung around my waist as we walked back to his room after lunch. I giggled as he poked my side playfully, trying to get me to squirm.

He paused, and turned me around to face him, his hands resting at my hips.

I looked at him confusedly. "Niall? What are you doing?"

Slowly, he leaned in, and pressed his lips to mine.

"This."

And suddenly, he pushed me up agaisnt the wall of the main hallway, kissing me hungrily.

His hands roamed my body, moving along my curves as he pushed his tongue between my lips.

I tried to protest, to tell him that we should probably go to his room, and not display our affection for each other so publicly, but I quickly got lost in his kiss and the way his lips moved against mine.

A hand moved up from my hips and rested on my breast, cupping and squeezing.

"Niall!" I squeaked at his attack on my womanly curves, but he only chuckled as he moved his lips from mine and brushed them across my jaw.

"What?" He said innocently. "I enjoy them too much."

I pretended to shake my head in disapproval as both his hands were now playing with my breasts. "Such a bad boy, Nialler."