Laced - Chapter 26 (The Back-Up Plan)

Start from the beginning

"But- can you ask for that?"

I nodded, a small smile making its way to my lips. "He never put any restrictions. It is one wish, and that's mine."

She scratched her forehead a bit, looking up at me, confused. "But I still don't know how that's going to help me find my brother."

The corners of my lips twitched upwards, and I felt relieved that I was finally telling someone what I had been planning for as long as I remembered. "There's a good chance that I won't win, though."

She stared at me with those bright blue eyes, questioning me.

"And that's why I have a back up plan." I said, pulling out all the papers from the manilla folder. I glanced over the detailed plans, my handwriting neat and quick. I laid them out on my desk, organizing it in the order I had planned it.

"A back up plan?"

I nodded. "I'm going to escape. To leave. To get out of here, forever." I turned to her, my eyes piercing into hers. "And now that you've told me about your brother, I want to take you with me."

It was a perfect plan, really. I had calculated every possible flaw and things that could go wrong, and corrected them. It'd taken me almost a whole year to fully develop this plan, and I'd been working on revising the escape for many months afterwards. The plan was flawless, and there was nothing that could possibly go wrong. I'd spent hours of my free time at the grand library Master Zayn had set up for anyone's use, researching and planning. And just a few hours ago, when Abby informed me of her brother and the situation she was in, I knew I had to help her. To tell her everything. To take her with me, and protect her until we found her brother. It was my job.

All this time, Abby was silent, lost in her own thoughts. I waited for her to say something, to react, but I got nothing. She was emotionless.

After a few more minutes passed, she swallowed, and brought her eyes up to meet my gaze. She mumbled something, and I couldn't quite make out what she said.

"What?"

"You're crazy." She whispered.

At first I thought she was joking, teasing me like she normally does, but I saw the serious expression in her features, so I frowned.

She spoke up again, this time, her voice rose. "Harry, you're crazy! You're going to get in trouble! This won't work, you know? You'll get both of us in trouble and we'll both be punished! What the hell were you thinking?"

Her words hurt, especially because I knew how flawless this plan was. We wouldn't get caught. "Abby! Trust me, it'll work! I've gone through it and revised it and checked every flaw hundreds of times! We could get out! We could leave this place forever! And you could find your brother - and I'll go back and try to find my sister!"

She glared up at me, her little body shaking with anger. "No, Harry! I thought you actually had something serious planned out. This is a bunch of bullshit, you hear? It's all bullshit!"

Before I could stop myself, my hands were around her arms, squeezing harshly. "It is not bullshit."

"It is! And you're not going to get out of here with your stupid little plan! It's not going to work!" She spit out. "Let go of me."

"I'm just trying to help you, Abigail! Can't you see? We can get out! Stop being such a wimp! It will work!" I yelled at her. She was being immature, and was too afraid to come with me. Sure, it wasn't going to be easy, but this plan was flawless in every sense, and it would work. I just knew it. All Abby had to do was believe me.

"No, Harry! Fucking let me go!"

"You're being immature! Just trust me, Abby! Please!" I pleaded her, not bothering to let her go. I needed her to listen, to assure me that everything was going to be alright, that she'd come with me. Perhaps after we'd escape, we'd openly be able to have a relationship, where I could hold her in my arms and call her truly mine, and no one elses. But I couldn't do that here. I had to leave.

"I said, let me go!" She yelled vehemently.

"No!" I yelled back, holding her tighter.

Suddenly, her hand came in contact with my face, and I stepped back in shock. I held up a hand to where she had slapped me, I glared at her.
She stepped around me, making her way to the door. "I said no, Harry. I'm not going with you. Not now, not ever. And don't you dare ever touch me like that again."

And with that, she left my room, slamming the door behind her.

--

Zayn's POV

I frowned, wiping the sweat off my forehead. I did another repetition of twenty-five bench presses, and then finally took a swig from my water bottle. Right after I had finally settled things with Sykes to keep his mouth shut, I headed over to the large gym I had built on the main floor of my mansion. As I knew from experience - a good amount of money will bend any request from anyone, Nathan Sykes included. So at least for now, I had managed to buy some time and a shortcut out of this mess. Of course I knew I would definitely have to deal with Sykes and get rid of him completely, but that would take time, and a flawless plan. So once again, I settled with another huge bribe.

I used the towel that sat on the side to wipe the sweat from my neck and bare shoulders, before finishing the water bottle completely. Throwing the empty water bottle in the waste bin, I shut off the lights in the gym and closed the door as I headed back to the elevators.

As I made my way back to the elevators, my eyes fell upon a slight figure - one that I was certainly not expecting to be here at this time.

"Abigail?"

She looked up at me, freezing in place, her eyes widening, as if she was a deer frozen by the headlights of an oncoming car.

She stuttered. "Yes, S-Sir?"

"What are you doing here? You didn't go to the bonfire?" I questioned her, my eyes narrowing. She looked nervous, restless, and tired.

She nodded her head, her waves bouncing up and down. "Yes, I did, Sir. But then it got a bit cold, so I came back inside."

I want to question her further, because I knew she was up to something, but I decided against it. She'd already had a rough day, and I'd had mine.

I stepped closer to her, and she froze in her spot, holding her breath. It was easy to see how much my presence affected her. She looked up at me nervously as I pulled my arm around her waist and pulled her closer to me, inhaling her sweet flowery scent. Bringing two fingers under her chin, I pulled her face up so that I could look into her eyes.

I slowly leaned in, pressing a soft kiss to her mouth. She closed her eyes, relaxing in my arms as I locked lips with her.

When I pulled away, she was breathless, and her cheeks were flushed a lovely rosy color.

"Now go get some rest, Abigail." I dismissed her.

"Good night, Sir."

"Good night."

As she walked away towards the lower slaves' quarters, I made my way to the elevators and pressed the button to the second floor.

As the elevator moved upwards, my thoughts drifted to Abigail, and I couldn't help but picture her bare body underneath me, breathing heavily under the duvet of my bed.

For I was only a man, plagued with the desires every male carried upon his shoulders.

~~