Forg(ive)(et)

POV TOBY

3 Weeks Later

"Have you spoken to Gus?" I ask Ace.

"No. Not one word." He answers. When I told him what Jack told me had happened, he got so furious that he got in a fist fight with Gus.

And they haven't spoken since. And neither have I and Gus or Jack.

I sigh. "I still can't believe it. I found out my boyfriend cheated on me with my best friend. This is the kind of stuff Soap Operas are all about."

"Yup." He agrees.

He's been super down since we found out about Gus and Jack. The first week for me was the worst. I felt like I could never know what love was ever again, but now I'm better. I realize neither one of them deserves my friendship.

For Horacio it's been a series of stages he has been through.

First he was furious, then he wanted to be alone, then sad, and now he's just hurt.

He is such an amazing friend that it's like all of this has happened to him, and not me.

I hug him and lay my head on his shoulder.

"We're going to be alright." He tells me.

I smile. "I know."

"Are you going out with Avi tonight?"

"Yeah. But I'm not really in the mood for it. To be honest I just want to stay home and watch Saturday Night Live." I admit.

He stands up holding my hand. "I'll tell you what, I'll call Amy and cancel our plans for tonight. I could use some ice cream and SNL."

"You don't have to." I say.

"And yet I will."

I smile.

~

Ace is sitting on my bed eating popcorn and I'm lying on his lap. We're watching Gilmore Girls Season 1 reruns.

"Do you think you'll ever forgive him?" He asks me, all of a sudden.

"Hopefully I will. But I'll never forget what he did." I answer.

We don't need to say Gus's name for us to know its him who we are talking about.

"I don't think I'll ever be able to trust him again. He hid it for too long, and he did it while you still loved Jack, and Jack still loved you."

"But now those feelings are gone." I tell him.

"Jack can suck it."

We high five without even having to look at each other.

"Hey, let's make a promise right here and right now." I say, sitting down beside him. "I promise never to bang or kiss Amy, ever. Only with your permission."

He smiles. "And I promise never to bang Avi."

"What about kissing?"

"That's just too much to ask." He says, and I laugh. "Have you seen the man's abs?? Rock solid!"

At the same moment Avi texts me asking if I'm okay.

It's in that moment that I realize I'm in great company. Maybe I've chosen badly before, but right now I'm the luckiest girl in the world.

~