FLASHBACK (PART 2)

POV JACK

Toby isn't answering my calls.

I've tried everything. Her phone number, house number, her dad's number, even her dad's office number.

Nothing.

I'm pretty sure she's blocked me in every social media that has ever existed.

I can't think of anything that I can do at this point.

Except for one thing.

"Thank you so much for coming." I say, opening the door for him.

Gus scratches his head. "No problem. What's up?"

"Let's go to my room. It's a lot to process." I suggest.

We get there and we both sit on my bed.

"I think I have to move." I tell him. "To England, with my dad."

His expression becomes said.

"Oh." He says. "Well, Toby must be devastated."

"I think she is, but I wouldn't really know since she doesn't answer any of my calls or texts."

"Yeah, that sounds like Toby." He answers.

I sigh, upset. "I didn't know who else to call. You have a great relationship with her."

"And so does Horacio. But you only called me." He says.

It's like he could read into my thoughts, which just make me even more scared. If he could read my thoughts, this would be a very different conversation.

"Because you're... You." I reply. I guess there's no other way to explain.

His cheeks turn red. "And how do you feel about leaving? Do you want to go?"

I look out the window, thinking. "No. There's so much I still wanted to do here... And I love Toby."

"When are you leaving?" He asks, standing up and going towards the window.

"In two days." I answer.

He closes the windows' drapes and then leans over me, making me lie down, and kisses me.

And I kiss him back.

"So this can't wait anymore." He says.