Chapter 38: A Test Outside Of School

Start from the beginning

"Oh, Zack, its beautiful. Thank you so much but you didn't have to get it for me."

"Brooke, you're beautiful, the bracelet is just a nice accessory."

He took the bracelet from my hand and undid the clasp. He wrapped it around my left wrist and secured the bracelet.

"You deserve everything you could possibly want, but I can't always give you that, so I hope this bracelet can show you that."

***

It's been two weeks of throwing up. My fever went away after a few days but the throwing up decided to stick around.

Zack was at school catching up since he missed a few days taking care of me. Since I signed up for online classes because I was going to have the baby, I was still enrolled in them so I decided to just stay in them. It was easier and it allowed me to wake up later in addition to being able to be sick and do work.

Tess was originally going to go to NYU but switched to UCLA so she could help me with the baby. She decided not to switch back after the stillbirth even though I told her that she needs to go to New York so she could go to her dream school. Of course she's stubborn as hell so she's in California going to UCLA.

I picked up my phone and called her since she didn't have any classes today.

"Hey B. Davis. What's up?" She answered.

"Hey T, are you out and not doing anything useful?"

"I'm at Walgreen's getting some foundation since I ran out. Why?"

"Do you mind getting me a few pregnancy tests. I had the stomach flu and the fever went away but the throwing up decided to sick around and bother me some more so I just want to make sure I'm not pregnant even though I know its impossible."

"Of course I can, I'll be at your house in 15, 20 minutes. And don't be so pessimistic, you could be pregnant."

"I'm not pregnant, T. You heard what the doctor said."

"Whatever, I'll see you in 15 minutes.

Tess came over and pushed me into the bathroom with the bag of pregnancy tests. I took 4 out of the 5 of the tests since sometimes the tests can be wrong. I peed on the stick and left them on top of toilet paper on the counter. I set a timer for 10 minutes and left the bathroom.

I sat down on the couch and Tess started ambushing me with questions. "How was the honeymoon? Where did you go? What did you do there?"

"He took me to London. He said he wanted to take me to Jerusalem but he said its been a mess there so he didn't want to risk it and take me there. I really had fun but Jerusalem would've been such a wonderful place to go on a honeymoon. You remember that my grandma was Jewish but since her death, my mom didn't want to continue with the traditions because it reminds her too much of my grandma, but I don't want to disappoint my grandma and I want to continue them. We just toured London and it was so much fun."

"Now more importantly, how was the hotel?" She said while wiggling her eyes.

"Tess!" I paused, debating if I should be talking about this or not. "It was nice. He loved the lingerie, so he said thank you to you and Mel."

Tess opens her mouth but the timer on my phone goes off and her eyes light up.

"Get off your ass B. Davis! I need to know if you're pregnant or not."

She runs to the bathroom while I walk behind her. I flip over the tests and I was totally surprised by what I saw.

"What the hell." Both of us said at the same time.