Chapter 7: Appointment

Brooklyn POV

Of course Zack is late. I was standing, waiting by his Porsche but I really didn't doubt that I would be doing that from the start. I didn't care if he went to the appointment or not but he was my ride. He declared as usual that he was going to drive us to the appointment because he desperately wanted to see the baby I wasn't pregnant with, well I hope I'm not.

-Flashback-

I was peacefully sitting in the back of English, not nothing anyone when Zack came up to me. "I'm driving us to your appointment tomorrow" Zack announced.

"I can get there by myself without any help. If you were to drive me, how would I get to school?" I asked, hoping he would change his mind.

"I'll pick you up from you're house tomorrow. See you tomorrow, bright and early. Bye Brooklyn" he left just in time for the bell to ring. Do I really not have a say in this? Thankfully I didn't have to deal with him anymore. Till tomorrow.

I walked to my beautiful BWM and drove home. Home sweet home. I parked on my bed and started texting Tess.

~Hey T, guess where I'm going tomorrow and guess who's coming with me.
-Where and who?
~Doctor and Zack.
-B. Davis, did you just say Zack?
~Yeah. He absolutely has to see the baby I'm not pregnant with.
-Don't say that, you don't know if you're pregnant or not.
~I'm supposed to trust the test. The test is supposed to tell me if I'm pregnant or not and it said I'm not so I'm not.
-Ok. Just tell me what the doctor says.
~I will. Bye T.
-Bye B. Davis.

Great, after a whole day of school, I have to deal with Zack at this appointment I don't need to do go.

-End of flashback-

Guess who finally decided to show up, "Hey, sorry, coach stopped me in the hallway"

"Whatever. Just get me to my appointment." I was in a very bad mood now, thank you very much. The rest of the car ride was quiet and awkward.
***

"Brooklyn Davis." The nurse called. I got up "hi, right this way. I'm Nurse Jackie."

"Do you mind lifting up your shirt? Up to your bra is good" I nod "this might be cold." She squeezes the cool gel on my stomach. Wow she wasn't kidding, it is cold. She put the wand to my stomach and started waving it around. All the sudden she stopped. Why is she stopping? After all this anticipation was built inside she decided to say something, "Congratulations!" That got Zack's and my attention right away.

"Huh what now? I'm not pregnant?" I asked confused.

"Oh" she laughed. What's so funny? "No honey you are pregnant. Here's you baby right here." She pointed to a blob. My baby. I really am pregnant.

"But the test came out negative. How can I be pregnant?"

"Sometimes the test can be wrong for many reasons or you can take the test too early." Nurse Jackie explained. I felt kind of bad for Zack, he sat awkwardly is the chair listening to me be so against being pregnant with his baby.

"This is your next checkup. See you then" Nurse Jackie handed me a card with a date then left the room.

"S-o I um guess you're pregnant" Zack said awkwardly.

"I guess I am."

We left the room and silently walked to his car. On the way to my house, all I could think about was the worst. What if he leaves me and the baby? I can't raise a baby on my own. What will my parents say when they find out? What will his parents say when they find out? How will I go to college? How will people at school react? No one will see me get too big since we have only three more months left. All these questions kept flooding into my brain, I started to feel dizzy, really dizzy.

"Brooklyn, please calm down, it's not good for the baby. I know what you're thinking, I promise I will never leave you or the baby. I promise to love you and the baby unconditionally. I promise to support you and I promise we will figure this out, together. We can move in together or not, we can get married if you want, everything is up to you, but please do what's best for the baby. I'm really sorry I did this to you." I just stared at him. He lifted a huge weight off my shoulders and I was actually happy he wasn't leaving me. Did he actually just apologize? Wait, where did married come from?

"Thank you Zack. It really means a lot. I know this isn't the most ideal situation but I guess it's our reality. I just found out I'm pregnant, I really need to think about everything and I'll let you know everything that I figure out. Thanks for the ride, bye Zack." Maybe he isn't that bad.

I got out of the car and walked home. I guess I have to call Tess and tell her I'm pregnant. That's going to be a fun conversation. Hopefully she stays like Zack.

~Hey T.
B. Davis? Is everything ok? How was the appointment?
~I um I'm pregnant. The test was wrong.
Oh god B, how did you feel?
~I'm surprisingly ok. Zack promised to help me out in every way he can.
That's good. If not I would kick his sorry ass.
I laughed ~thanks T
you're welcome B. Davis. Have you told you're mom yet?
~God no. I don't want to but I know I have to.
Yes you do. she loves you very much and I don't see why she won't be too unhappy about it. I know it's not exactly the best time but you are an adult and all of this is all your choice. They can either be supportive or not but no matter what, they love you and her new grandchild very much.
~thank you so much T.
Not a problem B. Davis. Now go do your homework and take care of your child. We can talk tomorrow or whenever you want. I promised u I would be there for you no matter the results, now I get to deliver my promise.
~Thanks T. Bye

I hung up. It was such a relief to know my best friend would be there for me though this pregnancy. Now, how to tell my parents? Tess was right, I am an adult and if anything I can live with Tess or maybe even Zack.

                                                    I never thought I would really be pregnant with the player's baby.