Chapter 31: Hello From The Other Side

Brooklyn POV

Zack's alarm goes off at 7 every single morning so even though I'm not allowed to leave the house, I still have to wake up early.

"Zack make it shut up." I grumbled trying to go back to sleep.

He let out a grunt and rolled over to turn it off. It finally became quiet in the room. Zack got up and went to take a shower. His father finally retired so Zack is now CEO. He absolutely loves it except the fact that he has to get up super early. He enjoyed being his own boss and not having to answer to anybody.

He came out of the bathroom wearing a light blue shirt and a crooked tie along with dockers. I laughed at his ability to tie a tie and got off the bed to go fit it. As funny as it was, I wouldn't let his workers see how horribly he ties a tie. I undid whatever he disaster did and redid it. The whole time, he looked down at me with so much love in his eyes. I loved it and hoped it never went away. When I finished, he leaned down and placed his lips on mine. Our lips moved in sync for a few seconds until his stupid phone started to ring. He sadly pulled away and yelled to whoever had called. I honestly felt bad for who that person was.

He came back into the room when he got off the phone. I remembered I needed to go grocery shopping some I there wasn't much food in the fridge.

"Oh babe, I need to go grocery shopping while you're at work so I have something to do today."

"But I don't want to leave the house. Can I go after work?"

"No. I wasn't asking you if I could go, I'm telling you I'm going."

"Brooke honey please don't. You're very pregnant and I don't want you to leave the house. I want you and the baby to be totally safe and out of harms way."

"I appreciate your concern for us, I really do but I don't give a shit what you think right now. I'm going."

"Fine. Can you at least call me when you leave the house and when you get home?"

"Ok dad I will."

"Well thats what you called me a few months ago." He said with a wink.

"You're disgusting. Get out."

"You love me."

"Not currently no. Leave."

"I'm going. I'm going. Bye."

I regret telling him I was going to go grocery shopping but he has a tendency to come home during lunch and 'surprise' me so I had to tell him that so he wouldn't decide to come and freak out that no one is home.

I didn't want to go just yet so I grabbed the remote from the nightstand and turned on the tv. I went to recordings and clicked on Friends. Ive had an obsession with this show lately. I watched a few episodes and I glanced over at the time and it said 11:07 so I decided to go get ready and take a shower.

I got out around 12 and heard something fall from my closet but figured it was a box that fell. I have shoe boxes on top of each other, creating towers, and once in a while something falls. I found a white sundress on the bed, which was weird since I don't remember putting it there. I put it on anyways and remembered I had wedges in the hallway next to the stairs so I would put those on.

I left the room at 12:25 and went to the stairs to put my shoes on. I realize I would miss Zack coming home since his lunch break is from 12 to 1 but I didn't want to deal with being stuck in four walls all day.

I stood up nad turned around and became face to face with Ally Carter. I didn't know what to do so I just stood there.

"Stay away from him. He's mine." She spat.