Chapter 33: Home

Zack POV

Its been two weeks since Brooke woke up. The doctors said if she cooperates for the next few hours, then she can leave this evening. Honesty, I can't wait to get . Brooke has been extremely passive-aggressive.  She also has really bad mood swings, one minute she'll be happy, the next minute she'll want to rip your head off. The thing that annoys me most is that she won't let anyone take care of her but she won't take care of herself either. I love her but its annoying as fuck. She now has nightmares every few days but the doctors haven't figured it out yet and Brooke won't let me tell them.

One of the doctors came into the room to make sure everything was perfect before they could let Brooke leave.

"Well Ms. Davis, everything looks good but I have one suggestion."

"What's that?" I asked the doctor, knowing Brooke really doesn't care. She still finds the empty wall more interesting than the world around her.

"I think she might want to consider therapy. She's been through a lot and I think a little bit of therapy might help her cope and feel better."

"No." That was Brooke's first word all day.

"I'll look into it. Thanks doc."

"I said no. I'm not talking to some shrink." she said in monotone.

She knows therapy might help her but she just doesn't want to be helped. Anyone could see the pain was eating her alive but she is so god damn stubborn.

***

Brooke ended up cooperating with the doctors so she is being discharged after I sign the papers. They said she's on bed rest but they have no idea how hard it is to keep her in one spot. I'm trying to work from home as much as I can but I still have to go to meetings so Melissa offered to help me with Brooke. Brooke won't even look at anyone other than me, Tess, Mike, or Melissa. We all understand that everyone else is hurt by it but we agreed to work what we can.

I sign the last paper and hand it over to the lady at the front desk. I took Brooke's hand and led her to the car. I opened the door for her and she got into the car. I walked over to the other side and sat down. I put the key into the ignition and proceeded to drive home. The drive took longer than normal since there was a ton of traffic but I'm used to it because I've lived in Los Angeles all my life.

I pulled into the garage and as soon as I turned the car off, Brooke got out of the car. I got out as fast as I could so I could be right behind her. She went upstairs and went straight into the baby's room.

She turned around and asked me where all the furniture went.

"Tess and Mike donated it." I replied.

"Thank you for asking what I wanted to do." she said sarcastically.

"Why would you want that stuff here, to keep reminding you of what happen?"

"Because that is the last reminder I have of my daughter!" she yelled.

"Our daughter. There is no reason for it to be in this house. There is no reason to remember what happen. You need to get over it and move on." As soon as it came out, I realized I shouldn't have said that.

Her face changed from upset to furious. "Fuck you! You didn't want me to be pregnant in the first place. That meant you had to stop your player ways and actually settle down with someone. Now I'm not pregnant so you can go."

"I want to settle down, with you."

"No you don't." Does she still think I'm just like her father?