Chapter 13: Melissa's Home

Brooklyn POV

Melissa arrived at LAX around 1 am. The only reason I was up was to see my sister, no other reason, I'm so tired it's not even funny. I hadn't slept through the night in weeks, whether it's because of morning sickness or just being uncomfortable in any possible position.

While my mom and I waiting for Melissa at the baggage claim, I was texting Zack about this weekend, how we were going to tell our parents I'm pregnant. That boy is so weird for being up this late. We are going to tell his parents first then mine. Apparently, his family is a lot more civil that mine and already really likes me. As for my family, well mom, she tolerates Zack but that's about it, after what she heard from Tess, they aren't too crazy about him. No, she doesn't know Tess was pregnant and had an abortion.

What felt like ages later, Melissa finally comes into view. And her long time, boyfriend, Ian. Everyone seems to love Ian but I was never his biggest fan. No real reason just that he was taking my older sister away from me. Unlike most siblings, Melissa and I always had the best relationship. She was more than just a sister, she was more of a best friend that was related to me. And then she left for college and we sort of drifted apart but we are still close.

"Brooklyn Davis! Someone had one too many donuts, you're getting fat." Melissa said knowing I eat donuts anytime I get my hand on them. And I'm sort of pregnant, but she doesn't know that part.

"Melissa Davis! You have a big rock on your finger. Holy fucking shit, you're engaged! Oh my god I'm so happy for you!" That was her news! She and Ian are engaged!

"Yeah, we are. I wanted to tell you over dinner but you noticed before I could. Don't say anything to mom."

"I won't"

"Melissa! Welcome home!" my mom said while walking up to us.

"Hey mom!" they hugged

"Oh, I see you brought Ian. Hi Ian"

"Hello, Ms. Davis." He replied.

"How many times have I told you to call me Emily? Ms. Davis makes me feel old." We all laugh.

After Melissa and Ian got their bags we got into my mom's Cadillac Escalade. Why she has such a big car, I have no idea. We drive for about an hour to get to Malibu, home sweet home.

"Ok. Everyone out. It's really early and we have stuff we need to do tomorrow." My mom yawned.

I was so tired but there was so no way I was going to sleep anytime soon. I climbed up the stairs to my room and continued to my mirror and pulled up my sweatshirt. I had a slight bump but I wasn't huge yet. I started rubbing my bumping hoping the baby would get the message and let me sleep for whatever is left of the night.

"He-oh my god." Melissa walked into my room without knocking so I didn't have time to pull my sweatshirt down, none the less she clearly saw I am pregnant.

"Shut up!" I whispershout. "No one can find out about this. We're planning to tell both of our families this weekend so until we do, you don't know anything."

"Fine. But I want to know how my almost 18 year old sister is pregnant."

"Well, I had sex. I'm pregnant. Didn't you go to health class?"

"Very funny, yes I did. Spill. Who's the father? I want the whole story, beginning to end. I don't want to hear about the sex."

"Ok but you better keep your mouth shut till I finish. Tess made me go to this party and I got super drunk and yeah. He apparently loved me and that's why he had sex with me, he was sober though. Then I was throwing up a lot and Tess made me take a pregnancy test, positive. I told him and he said he wants us to be together and he wants to be in the baby's life. I said I'll think about it because he's a player and something else. Long story short, we're dating now and he's going to be in the baby's life."