Chapter 17: House Hunting

Brooklyn POV

Zack and I are going house hunting today. We looked at some houses online and yikes the prices are scary. We found a few that we really liked but pictures can be misleading. We are really excited about this, a second major step in us becoming a true family, the first: becoming pregnant. I really hope everything will work out, I still have some doubt that Zack will leave us. I don't even think its personal anymore, I just think it's because of my father that I don't have any trust in people. However I have faith in Zack that he will change me for the better.

Right now, we are leaving my mom's house and driving up to the Beverly Hills Hotel since its closer to the houses we want to look at. We are looking at a few today and a few tomorrow. Since our teachers decided not to give us finals, we aren't going to miss anything important. Nothing interesting happens the last week of school, including finals.

I still felt dreadful about what happen a few weeks ago, I decided to pack some lingerie for Zack. Maybe if I just slept with him I would feel better. I still want to sleep with him before I get huge and my stomach gets in the way of everything, so what better time to do it than now. We have our own suite so we won't get caught and I can't get pregnant while pregnant. But I'm scared because for me it would be our first time. I don't remember a lot about what happen during the party.

First we are going to drop off our stuff at the hotel so we won't have to drive around with luggage in the trunk. Zack got all the luggage in the car so now all we have to do is drive. The drive from Malibu to the hotel wasn't too bad, thankfully there wasn't heavy traffic so we made it here around an hour later. The drive wasn't too boring, I had the radio on, occasionally singing along to the songs I knew by heart.

Zack checked us in and we are now on the way to the room. We walked to our room and put the key in the reader. I opened the door and the room was breathtaking. One big king bed, flat screen TV, a desk area, chairs and couches around the room, and a small kitchen space. I loved the bathroom. I really hope we have a bathroom like this at the new house. I could live here and be perfectly fine. We rolled our suitcases near the bed and just left them there. We left the hotel and drove to the first house.

The drive to the first house was around half an hour so it wasn't so bad. The first house was a Mediterranean home with 5 bed and 5.5 bath. A little more than we want but we can always figure out something do with all the extra space.

There are palm trees surrounding the house and a rustic wooden gate. I opened the front door and saw a beautiful grand foyer with high ceilings. Also there were spiral stairs and a decorative railings. The office has bay windows allowing serene views of the plants outside. The living room has a carved wood fireplace and striking French doors. A gorgeous kitchen with lots of cabinet space and a large island in the middle of the kitchen. A family room with lots of space for couches and a large TV. The formal dining room's focal point is the dramatic dome inset ceiling and the chandelier hanging down. Outside there's a natural stone path and lots of grass. A wall of French doors overlook the rear yard with a grassy knoll, attractive glass tiled pool with swim jets, adjacent hot tub, stacked stone water feature & built in BBQ.

We go back inside and go upstairs to see the bedrooms. The master bedroom has so much space in it that I have no idea what I'm going to do with all of it and lots of windows for natural light. The bathroom is huge, with a jetted tub, glass shower right next to it, 2 sinks and the longest counter ever. The closet is right next to the bathroom. To say it has a lot of room would be an understatement. My room at my mom's house is about the same size as this closet. I have no idea how I would fill it up but I love it.

We leave this room and walk to the other rooms. The rest of the bedrooms were way smaller than the master but still big. The other bathrooms were the same but they didn't have a jetted tub, either a shower or a regular tub. One of the rooms was turned into a fitness studio which I loved, I could lose all my baby weight at home and I wouldn't have to deal with anybody.