Chapter 22: All About Melissa

Brooklyn POV

                I'm around 6 months pregnant now and summer is pretty much over. I wanted to take some classes at the community college to get some credits out of the way so I wouldn't have to deal with as much work when the baby comes. Zack hated the idea of me doing that since I guess in his mind he wants me to be a stay-at-home mom. I on the other hand will never do that. I want a life outside of this house. I had to quit my job working as a secretary since being on my feet started to hurt. My boss was really nice and treated me well so leaving him was kind of hard but its just a job and I don't want to spend the rest of my life doing favors for people, I want more.

                Melissa gets married in a few weeks so recently it's been all about her. I have tried on so many dresses and I've tasted about 100 different cakes. Don't even get me started on the flowers, Melissa can't decide on one stupid flower so we had to go from nursery to nursery and to every single floral shop in Malibu. Today we are going shopping for dresses. Melissa asked me to be the maid of honor and now I see why they call it a maid. Sometimes I think she forgets I'm pregnant but I don't care because it's all about her.

                Melissa decided she wants to get our dresses from Vera Wang, which I don't get since we are going to wear these dresses only once. The drive to Rodeo took about an hour and to say I was uncomfortable was an understatement. I absolutely love my BMW but I can't get into a comfortable position no matter how I sit. We got to the store and pretty much instantly I was having dresses thrown at me. Melissa and my mom went a little crazy on everything but there was no way I was going to get out of this.

                After a handful of dresses, I went to try them on. First I tried on a blue lace dress. I didn't exactly like how it looked but its not about me.

                I went outside to show Melissa and my mom.

                "Hell no" they said in unison

                And I went back inside the dressing room to try on the other hundred dresses. I tried on about every style, color, length, texture, and anything else imaginable till we came across the last one. It's a long, light blue dress with rhinestones on the fabric that wrap around the neck.

                I went to show them knowing this was the one.

                "Yes. Yes. Yes. I love it. We're getting this one." Knew it.

                We went to pay for the dress and the price was literally a phone number. I can't believe Melissa was going to spend this much money on a dress. We ended up getting a discount because our mom knew Vera and she knew us.

                Next destination was the local floral shop that we always went to when we wanted some color in the house. I used to come here when I was younger and get a few dozen flowers for my room. My room always smelled so good and was always colorful and vibrant. After looking at many roses, Melissa's favorite flower, we chose a bouquet blue roses for Melissa to walk down the aisle with and blue and white roses to be spread out around the place Melissa decides to get married in. you would think she would tell us where she was getting married but for some weird reason she wanted it to be a surprise.

                The final destination was the cake place. My mom picked this one because she has lots of connections. We always came here when we wanted some dessert. And that was very often, not that I'm complaining or anything, I love everything here. Melissa didn't want a chocolate cake, I have no idea why and she wouldn't tell us but she was so against it that we decided to drop it and get the information out of her later.