Chapter 24: Melissa's Wedding

Zack POV

Brooklyn had to go to the bathroom yet again so this was my chance to ask her mom and sister for her hand in marriage.

"Hey Emily, Melissa, can I ask you something?"

"Sure, what's up son?" I love how her mom already considers me part of the family.

"I know this should have come first but can I marry your daughter?" I don't think I've ever been so nervous about one question in my life.

"Ahhh! Oh my god of course!!!!" her mom exclaimed. "This has been the best year of my life. My oldest daughter is getting married and my youngest is pregnant and is about to get proposed to!"

"Mom calm down. She might hear you, along with the rest of the world." Melissa said then she turned her attention to me. "Congratulations. I know she's going to say yes. She was talking to me about it the other day that she wants to be a family, legally. But don't tell her I told you or she'll kill me."

"Who will kill who for what?" Brooklyn asked when she came back.

"My friend will kill me when she finds out I dropped my phone. It was a bet to see how long it would take me to drop it and she just lost." Melissa said. You couldn't tell she was lying at all

"Ok?"

We arrived at the airport and Melissa finally announced to the girls where we are. "Welcome to Manhattan!"

"Oh my god! Where are you getting married?" they both asked. No one in the family but Melissa and Ian knew the location of the wedding. Even I didn't know.

"The Plaza."

"Melissa! I wanted to get married there, if I get married of course. Can you at least leave something available of my dream wedding, you're taking all the stuff I wanted here." Melissa winked at me. Of course she was right.

"Nee I'm good. Let's go check in at the hotel. Oh yeah we're staying at The Plaza."

Brooklyn POV

I'm so happy right now that I get to be in Manhattan with my family. I did what Melissa said and added something about getting married into a conversation and hopefully it pays off.

In the car, I text Melissa so no one can hear us. I finished my speech except for the ended, can I add congrats mom and dad since your pregnant?

She texted me back, if you want. I've been trying to find a good way to tell him and that might be it. I might tell him before that there's a surprise in your speech

Ok. Sounds good. I just wanted to make sure you're ok with me saying it

Of course.

I shut my phone off and admired my surroundings. I'm in a car with my favorite people, including my soul mate, in New York City.

We check into our hotel rooms and I decide to walk around Times Square with Zack. I've been to New York many times and it still continues to amaze me that something can be this beautiful especially at night. Zack and I walk for about 20 minutes and I notice the big sign about American Eagle. I've seen so many people propose there but there's no way that's going to happen to me anytime soon. Zack bends down and when I think he's about to do something, he picks up a penny. Great. And right when I was so excited. But then again Zack isn't a commitment type person, I'm kind of surprised he stuck around this long. We keep walking and I notice someone that looks so familiar, but there's no way I actually know someone in New York since it's so far from home.